• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing on dining plan

You can share whatever food you want but your bill will reflect the number of people at your table at character meals. (I wonder if at non character buffets/pre plated - are there any?- if you can opt not to eat) They are booking a show as well as a meal and they know that even if they turn you away because not everyone wants to eat they can fill the table with someone who is willing to pay for everyone. They have more people wanting to eat at these restaurants than they possibly can seat they have long waits and people complaining about the waits - this is one way they can lessen the wait my making less people interested.

To the poster asking about her daughter not eating...you could OOP just her meal to save the 2 credits.

shadonjenon said:
I was just thinking and granted I'm no expert, but how could they stop you from sharing food at the table. Say a family of 4 sits down to order and the husband and children order and the wife doesn't. They can't force her to order something or leave can they? And once the food comes whats to stop her from eating with her husband. I mean the CM is not going to stand at the table during the meal and monitor whos eating what right?

They don't care who eats what at the meal, they are going to charge you by the person. Here is a link as to what to expect when you get there.

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_crb.htm

Let me get this straight: no sharing on buffet or character meals. Sharing allowed at other sit-down restaurants. Which means my husband and I can share an entree, or my two kids can share an entree, saving as TS credits we can use toward another restaurant later. Which means, if there are four of us and we share two entrees, then we save two TS credits that we can use towards anotehr restaurant. Am I right?

lovesdumbo said:
I haven't been to CRT for breakfast since 2004 but I doubt that it has changed too much. At that time the under 3's did get their own plate but not quite the same. I think they just got scrambled eggs and french toast-not bacon.

When we had breakfast at CRT in 2005, my sister was not charged for my niece who was 2 1/2 years old at the time. They brought her 2 french toast sticks and when she ate both of them and asked for more, they brought her another plate.

anneofgreengables said:
Let me get this straight: no sharing on buffet or character meals. Sharing allowed at other sit-down restaurants. Which means my husband and I can share an entree, or my two kids can share an entree, saving as TS credits we can use toward another restaurant later. Which means, if there are four of us and we share two entrees, then we save two TS credits that we can use towards anotehr restaurant. Am I right?

Exactly! You could go into say 50s Prime Time, order two appetizers, two entrees, two desserts and two drinks (get the other two as waters) and use just two TS credits. Then, all four of you share all that food! We haven't done this yet at TS, but we do at CS all the time.

kcrew said:
Say my card says 2A, 1C but I want to use 4A credits at one meal ( not including the child). Can't I just present 2 cards to eliminate any hassle? Is there a way they can distinguish if both cards are from the same room?
That's a good question!!! And I was told all credits reflect on each card so that if your party splits up everyone has access to the meal plan.

We have done this three times now, had more people we used the card for, than was reflected on the card. It wasn't a problem at all. We did this at Chef Mickeys, Kona Cafe and Ohana. I didn't lie at all, told them we wanted to pay for our friends and they were totally fine with it.

MemoryMakers2669 said:
Exactly! You could go into say 50s Prime Time, order two appetizers, two entrees, two desserts and two drinks (get the other two as waters) and use just two TS credits. Then, all four of you share all that food! We haven't done this yet at TS, but we do at CS all the time.

We did exactly this at 50's prime time. (and at coral reef but it didnt go as well since we didnt like the food) We did one kid meal one adult meal and shared it all. I had the appetizers basically as my meal. The kids shared the kid entree and both deserts which the nicely let hubbs and I have a bite or two of. I cant say it was the most filling meal but we werent hungry after just not stuffed as usual and we did need a snack later which when we went to places where we would get 4 meals we would all be so full we'd get desert to go and still not eat it that night...But then we shared two snack credits so it still worked out well.

MemoryMakers2669 said:

Thank you MemoryMaker and bethcam for making that clear to me. This opens a whole new world of ADR possibilities for me! I can eat at more TS restaurants and make more ADRs now that I know sharing is possible! Better get on the phone to Disney Dining...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter