Sheets too small for beds SSR

bsusanmb

Childhood sweethearts married on the Magic 6/2/13
Are we the only family who has trouble with the sheets at SSR??? This is our 4 stay in the past year, just return from 10 days in one BR villa, and DD and SIL in studio...the sheets are so small that the ends don't even come to the bottom of the mattress, let alone have enough to tuck in. The mattress cover was too small also and kept popping off. Most of the time we would wake up on the bare mattress...and this is not just a one time thing...doesn't anyone else notice this? Or do you bring your own linens?

I have emailed DVC about this previously and never received a reply. i would just like to have the person who is responsible for purchasing linens to see this....

Otherwise, we love the resort...our home away from home...but wish we could get a good night's sleep!

We have the same problem! I have to scoot my pillow down about 2 feet for the sheet to cover my shoulders! What's up with that?!?! I've been thinking about bringing my own top sheet.

Us too we just had this same problem!!!!!!!!

Not only do they not fit, but they're itchy. They did not have any linens for the pullout when we got there. We called housekeeping that night, and they brought us some. My dd broke out in a rash that night. The detergent is so strong. We had to rewash everything.
A pretty small issue, but I agree, they could use some new sheets.

I just don't know...I think when you spend this kind of money and pay dues that the sheets should be appropriate. I mean some hotels brag about their heavenly beds and the linens...if I am paying for linens at this resort, I want something that at least fits!!! I even rewashed ours because DH is allergic to laundry detergent. But they just do not fit at all! Housekeeping makes it look like it fits by tucking everything in...you pull the blanket off and everything comes with it.

While the locker thing may be a good idea, I don't think I should have to pay more for something that is a necessity, not a luxury!

I just don't know...I think when you spend this kind of money and pay dues that the sheets should be appropriate. I mean some hotels brag about their heavenly beds and the linens...if I am paying for linens at this resort, I want something that at least fits!!! I even rewashed ours because DH is allergic to laundry detergent. But they just do not fit at all! Housekeeping makes it look like it fits by tucking everything in...you pull the blanket off and everything comes with it.

While the locker thing may be a good idea, I don't think I should have to pay more for something that is a necessity, not a luxury!

I agree!

I think when you spend this kind of money and pay dues that the sheets should be appropriate.

Housekeeping makes it look like it fits by tucking everything in...you pull the blanket off and everything comes with it.

I agree, the sheets dont fit! There is no extra to try to tuck in :confused3

I agree. I hate waking up on an uncovered mattress.

After sevral trips of this happening at OKW, I bought a king fitted sheet to take with us. I pop it on over top of the existing sheet.

OK, so Moderator, what do we do? I really would love to see a Disney CM in authority come out to the room and look at the darn sheets and the mattress cover and tell me if he/she would like to sleep on that thing!!! I was told once before that if you don't let the resort management know, they can't change it...but I never saw anyone on these boards complain about the daggone linens...

DH and I even took a tour of the laundry and saw how they handle all of the linen...the flagship hotel Grand Floridian has the most thread count etc...but hey, can we people who sptn $70,000 on a piece of the magic just have something that fits the bed??? I once complained about springs coming through my mattress at BCV and they immediately brought a new one...

So, someone with the inside scoop help us out here...where do we take this complaint???

I'm right there with ya! Hate those sheets. :mad:

Our last stay I thought the bed was made rather well until I lifted the blankets off the end and saw that not only was the bottom sheet not tuck in but it didn't reach the end of the bed let alone go around the end to tuck. It needed a good 1.5 foot to finish the job.

Is this problem related to just the one bedroom units with the king size beds... or does it pertain to the queen size also?

Maybe the housekeepers are trying to use queen sheets on king size beds?

not isolated to king beds, and not isolated to SSR

And with the purchase of the pillow-top beds, the sheets fit even worse.

Owners locker and our own fitted King sheet. That's our solution.

As stated this is a resort wide problem, as all sheets are the same size and the mattresses are too.

Hopefully with the replacement of the new luxury linens they will fit. Plus a major problem is that the maids short sheet the bed. We have to remake them every time.

But I am not sure you will ever see fitted sheets at Disney, they are simply to large a company to deal with that laundry issue.

We bring our own also.

I have a question for those of you who bring a fitted sheet....any problem when mousekeeping does the full cleaning and changes your bed linens....how do you handle this?

I have a question for those of you who bring a fitted sheet....any problem when mousekeeping does the full cleaning and changes your bed linens....how do you handle this?

Get colored sheets and mousekeeping will know they are not the resorts but just to make sure I remove them before they come and in the washer they go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter