Sheets too small for beds SSR

As stated this is a resort wide problem, as all sheets are the same size and the mattresses are too.

Hopefully with the replacement of the new luxury linens they will fit. Plus a major problem is that the maids short sheet the bed. We have to remake them every time.

But I am not sure you will ever see fitted sheets at Disney, they are simply to large a company to deal with that laundry issue.

We bring our own also.

Where did you read that they are replacing the linen? I sure hope this is a reality!

Disney made a statement about replacing all the linens in the Deluxes and DVC units a with Wamsutta line...there was a timeline for it too...can't remember...

I was hoping to hear reports of this change happening soon:confused3

ps...all hotels make the bed the same with flat sheets but Disney is the worst...even in the deluxe resorts...our sheets at the Poly in May were like canvas...just as soft too:eek:

Yes!! I'm glad that I am not the only one with this problem. This past Sept. we stayed in a studio at BWV. I hated waking up on the bare mattress. Eeewww. Seemed worse than usual. I thought about bringing our own sheets but cannot understand why Disney can't buy fitted sheets. They have their own shower curtains, rugs, wallpaper and carpets created especially for them, you'd think they could handle plain white fitted sheets. Why can't Martha Stewart put her name out there and sponser fitted sheets? (even though I don't care for her)

Cyndi

did anyone have a CM or someone directly from housekeeping come to the room and look at the issue??? Are they even aware of it? If they came out, what did they say? Is it recent, like maybe they are just waiting for the new sheets to come out?

We just spent a week in a cabin at Fort Wilderness and I didn't notice this.

And believe me, if the issue was there I would have noticed it!

did anyone have a CM or someone directly from housekeeping come to the room and look at the issue??? Are they even aware of it? If they came out, what did they say? Is it recent, like maybe they are just waiting for the new sheets to come out?
According to Sammie it is a resort wide problem. So I guess they are aware.

Well, it's been a problem at VWL, BCV, OKW and SSR; POR so I never really had someone come and look at it. I did send an email about it...no response...I guess I just figured that it is something we are expected to live with,or if we don't like it...rent a locker for $100 plus a year...which I refuse to do for a necessity...housekeeping is definitely aware of it...they make the beds...but what numbskull purchased these sheets that don't fit the beds? That is what amazes me.

Well, I sent off another email and I guess I will write a letter to DVC...and also complain about the very loud brand new washer in my room at SSR in the Grandstand...it was louder than anything I ever heard...WHEW

We just spent a week in a cabin at Fort Wilderness and I didn't notice this.

And believe me, if the issue was there I would have noticed it!

It has gotten worse at the resorts with the new plush pillow top mattresses, not sure if the cabins have these.

The main problem is the maids tuck too much sheet under the head of the bed, leaving none for the foot, hence short sheeting. Also they only use flat sheets which are very hard to keep on a mattress.

Yes!! I'm glad that I am not the only one with this problem. This past Sept. we stayed in a studio at BWV. I hated waking up on the bare mattress. Eeewww. Seemed worse than usual. I thought about bringing our own sheets but cannot understand why Disney can't buy fitted sheets. They have their own shower curtains, rugs, wallpaper and carpets created especially for them, you'd think they could handle plain white fitted sheets. Why can't Martha Stewart put her name out there and sponser fitted sheets? (even though I don't care for her)

Cyndi

They don't have fitted sheets due to the laundry process to wash and press the sheets. It is not possible to do this with a fitted sheet.

Wow, pillow top mattresses? Which resorts have them? SSR is brand new and there aren't any there that I know of...but I am in one right now at home!! Definitely need the deep pocket sheets for pillow top.

I know BCV has pillowtop mattresses. We slept on them in June.

Well, since the mattresses are new at SSR, it would seem unlikely they would get new ones right away...but I just want sheets that fit, flat or otherwise.

We are at SSR right now, first time, what a beautiful resort!

I digress......I think the sheet problem is worse here (to me and husband). We usually stay at VWL and I do not remember waking up several times a night wondering where the second half of the sheet is! Constantly pulling up on the top sheet and blanket.

man... this sheet problem really has me nervous. i'm 6'3" and my bro in law is 6'8". we're taking his family down in june. the first time down to disney for them (so we wanna make it as magical as possible), and the first time for us... as dvc members.

i really don't want to take our own sheets.

we still have time, hopefully disney will correct this problem if people continue to complain. :confused3

Wow, pillow top mattresses? Which resorts have them? SSR is brand new and there aren't any there that I know of...but I am in one right now at home!! Definitely need the deep pocket sheets for pillow top.

SSR does have them.

I just came back from 10 days at SSR in the Grandstand, the newest part, and was in a one bedroom villa - 9/20 to 9/30 and my DD and SIL were in a studio the same time and we did not have a pillow top mattress - it was some kind of Sealy mattress.

I would take my own sheets if I were going and you are concerned about the sheets - it truly is AWFUL...DH just could not sleep - no sheet on the mattress and the blanket was only long enough to go to my waist even when I untucked the darn thing....love SSR otherwise, but I can't believe that this isn't an issue for housekeeping...guess no one cares...they don't have to sleep on them!

Sealy makes pillowtop and it depends on your definition of pillow top. There are different kinds. There are plush pillow top, which do not have the seperation on the side, the pillow, is under the mattress cover.

Then there are the types where there is a definite seperation of the pillow part.

SSR has the plush type. They are Sealy Posturepedic 720 Encore Plus Series plush mattresses.

They definitely need the deeper sheets on these new mattresses and hopefully that is what the new luxury linens will be.

You know, the sheets on the queen at AKV were too small as well! Darn, I forgot to tell them, although they probably know this already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter