Significant changes to MDE app in regards to Resort

This isn't from your app?

Immediately after I downloaded it last night, I was able to access that information. However since I woke up this morning, I have not been able to access any of my plans. It does not even come up as a part of the options.

Haven't people been able to bypass the front desk for years with online check-in? (no snark intended)

Haven't people been able to bypass the front desk for years with online check-in? (no snark intended)
No, not 100% of the time. Some, for a reason no one can identify, do not receive a text with a room number. That's for US guests. Obviously International is a different animal all together. So for this purpose, I'm referring to US guests only

Immediately after I downloaded it last night, I was able to access that information. However since I woke up this morning, I have not been able to access any of my plans. It does not even come up as a part of the options.
I've had that happen a time or two. No idea why but I always sign out and back in and it works. Plans show up again. Hopefully deleting works. I'm pretty positive it's not a safari incompatibility.

I just updated mine and was able to see all the changes. There are also some changes to the FP modification process with two change tabs now, one to modify the existing FP to a different time and the second to modify to a different FP.

So is anyone else close to the check in date and not able to opt out of housekeeping on the app?

Last edited:
I just updated mine and was able to see all the changes. There are also some changes to the FP modification process with two change tabs now, one to modify the existing FP to a different time and the second to modify to a different FP.
I like it better. Though I think I'm in the minority. I think searching for new times is easier. I can't think of a single time where I searched for a new time and needed to see other FP at that same time. I search for one or the other, never both at once. I know I'm either going to book a new time for my FP or book a new one.

Odd. You looked all the way at the bottom?
Here's the difference between a Mod stay and a Deluxe stay (you can see where it falls in relation to Address on each of them)
Deluxe
44B5675B-19EB-43AD-A129-31D4850807C8.jpg

And the Mod
886CF8B6-7974-4492-8939-3A9CE9BCA794.jpg

I like it better. Though I think I'm in the minority. I think searching for new times is easier. I can't think of a single time where I searched for a new time and needed to see other FP at that same time. I search for one or the other, never both at once. I know I'm either going to book a new time for my FP or book a new one.
It can make it more difficult to search for new times if there currently are not any other times available. There is no way to refresh the times without backing out and clicking Continue again. Before you could just keep refreshing even if there were no times available until something showed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter