Significant changes to MDE app in regards to Resort

It can make it more difficult to search for new times if there currently are not any other times available. There is no way to refresh the times without backing out and clicking Continue again. Before you could just keep refreshing even if there were no times available until something showed up.
I noticed that too. I have been trying to move up both FOP and SDD from later in the day. If they become available, I was wondering if they would show up on the other change tab if you keep refreshing though. If I scroll down the Change Experience list they are at the bottom.

I check in at the end of August next year at POFQ and I don’t have the availability to turn down the maid service.

I noticed that too. I have been trying to move up both FOP and SDD from later in the day. If they become available, I was wondering if they would show up on the other change tab if you keep refreshing though. If I scroll down the Change Experience list they are at the bottom.

If you use Change Experience it won't show you any other times for that ride (I've tried).

I remember reading something months ago about someone having a similar issue with a special rate package booked through a TA.

I couldn’t decline housekeeping on a trip that was booked on a group rate discount with a TA, but this trip is just an AP discount booked with Dreams.

it’s not a big deal. I usually go to the front desk anyway.

If you use Change Experience it won't show you any other times for that ride (I've tried).
Oh my, you are right. I just tried to modify another FP with a lot of availability and says none available. This definitely makes refreshing more cumbersome.

Another change is when making your first 3 FP's. If you have selected a Tier 1 FP and are now adding additional FP's, you will be able to see if there are other Tier 1 FP's available but not the times and you can not select them to change to. Instead you would have to go out and modify the Tier 1 FP.

It can make it more difficult to search for new times if there currently are not any other times available. There is no way to refresh the times without backing out and clicking Continue again. Before you could just keep refreshing even if there were no times available until something showed up.
I couldn't. If there was no FP times for a FP, there was nothing to click on it to see times. On the app that is. Do you use iOS or Andriod? They are different, slightly.
I've been modifying for a trip all day and it seems the same, when checking for new times at least. Click on the people, Continue. If no times show up, click the back arrow and continue again. Names of choices changed but steps really haven't. You do have to back out further to change attractions

I haven't updated the iPad so I can still use it the old way

Another change is when making your first 3 FP's. If you have selected a Tier 1 FP and are now adding additional FP's, you will be able to see if there are other Tier 1 FP's available but not the times and you can not select them to change to. Instead you would have to go out and modify the Tier 1 FP.
I like that

I couldn't. If there was no FP times for a FP, there was nothing to click on it to see times. On the app that is. Do you use iOS or Andriod? They are different, slightly.
I've been modifying for a trip all day and it seems the same, when checking for new times at least. Click on the people, Continue. If no times show up, click the back arrow and continue again. Names of choices changed but steps really haven't. You do have to back out further to change attractions

I haven't updated the iPad so I can still use it the old way
I don't know about iPhone but previously it would just show as no times available but you could still see all the other FP's and the time bar was still across the top. You could still click on one of those times to refresh. If you were to have clicked into one specific ride and there were no times you couldn't refresh but that's not where you would be refreshing from.

Hmmmm... I do not
Here's the screen shot of me booking FP at HS.
I've booked 1 for the day thus far, ToT.
It says simply that I've already made a FP from that group, not showing there are any available
0C6FCD36-6403-42A5-9521-3EBAB631D565.png

Hmmmm... I do not
Here's the screen shot of me booking FP at HS.
I've booked 1 for the day thus far, ToT.
It says simply that I've already made a FP from that group, not showing there are any available
0C6FCD36-6403-42A5-9521-3EBAB631D565.png
If it isn't available it doesn't show up (notice SDD not being there).

I don't know about iPhone but previously it would just show as no times available but you could still see all the other FP's and the time bar was still across the top. You could still click on one of those times to refresh. If you were to have clicked into one specific ride and there were no times you couldn't refresh but that's not where you would be refreshing from.
It's exactly the same now. Except the times are circles, not rectangles
Oops, nope. It's still rectangles on changing attractions. Circles for changing times. Anyway. They work the same for the way I use it. I'm either changing times or changing attractions. Not deciding between the 2 at once.

It's exactly the same now. Except the times are circles, not rectangles
Not when modifying a FP. Previously if you were modifying the time for a FP and no times showed up for that FP you could still see the bar to refresh. Now it looks like this if there are no times available (no way to refresh).

Screenshot_20191115-145409_Disney World.jpg

If it isn't available it doesn't show up (notice SDD not being there).
Before they didn't even show up on the list period. It said, You've already made a selection from this. And was empty from options. Maybe your phone's interface is that different? I'll have to get DH to let me see his phone. He hasn't updated either. He doesn't use iOS

Not when modifying a FP. Previously if you were modifying the time for a FP and no times showed up for that FP you could still see the bar to refresh. Now it looks like this if there are no times available (no way to refresh).

View attachment 452849
Yeah, don't you have the arrow to back out? Click that, then Continue. Refreshes.
No different than clicking boxes of times

Before they didn't even show up on the list period. It said, You've already made a selection from this. And was empty from options. Maybe your phone's interface is that different? I'll have to get DH to let me see his phone. He hasn't updated either. He doesn't use iOS

Yeah, don't you have the arrow to back out? Click that, then Continue. Refreshes.
No different than clicking boxes of times
That's just using your browser to back out and then click continue (yes I can do that) but that adds an extra step. Previously you could just keep hitting a time over and over.

And previously it would say that you had already selected an experience but you could click on that notice and it would show you rides and times from that tier that you could then select.

No, not 100% of the time. Some, for a reason no one can identify, do not receive a text with a room number. That's for US guests. Obviously International is a different animal all together. So for this purpose, I'm referring to US guests only
When we were there is September, (we live in the US) I got a text to go to the front desk instead of the “welcome, your room is ready”
I have never had that happen before so I asked why. The girl said it was because we have too many active magic bands.

We have AP’s and that was our 3rd trip this year. We will be back in 2 weeks to right before the passes expire and hope we don’t have to go to the front desk again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter