Silly irritations

My personal irritation....having to eat ice cream 🍨 with a metal spoon. the spoon gets too cold, and touches my teeth and it hurts. Plus the sound. I have a camping spoon (neoprene or something?) that is perfect for ice cream.

DH would say 'the way DW eats ice cream'. :rotfl2: I don't empty the spoon, I just kind of take off the top layer of the ice cream, leaving a smooth oval of ice cream on the spoon. Takes two-three times to empty the spoon. I started doing it because of the metal spoons years ago, and now it's a habit.

My worldly irritation? People who don't clean up after their pets. Nothing worse than running after the grandkids through the grass at the park and running into a pile of dog poo. :crazy2::headache: (not a silly one, I know. I try to not get irritate by silly things, saving my irritation for the bigger ones.)

One way aisles in grocery stores. I will make many changes in life for The Rona, but one way aisles make my blood boil.
I hate this too. I am recovering from foot surgery and am only allowed to walk a limited number of steps a day. I go tot he grocery store and have to loop around an ailse to get the one item I need and suddenly, I don;t have enough steps left to go to the bathroom that night!

But if you have nothing nice to say or can’t offer constructive advice, just scroll on. Right? They are trying and they deserve credit for that imo

I'm one of those who feels a pet is a lifetime commitment. If you can't say with honesty you will keep that pet for the rest of it's life, then don't get it. Pets do have emotions, and being passed around can do them major harm.

I'm one of those who feels a pet is a lifetime commitment. If you can't say with honesty you will keep that pet for the rest of it's life, then don't get it. Pets do have emotions, and being passed around can do them major harm.
And you have no idea what the circumstances are surrounding the re-homing.

Pets do have emotions, and being passed around can do them major harm.

That is so true. My mom rescued a Jack Russel/Corgi mix last summer. He was left at a groomers business, tied to the door. He is SOOO clingy to my mom. He is nearly impossible to socialize and he takes a long time to warm up to people when they come. We feel that is because of his history. He has a good home now and he isn't going anywhere but he def has emotional issues.

And you have no idea what the circumstances are surrounding the re-homing.
More often than not people say why they are rehoming the pet. I've rarely come across someone who just says "I'm looking to rehome such and such" and that's it. Even when little details aren't provided they'll often give more information when someone asks why. And if you're taking on a pet that used to belong to someone and no longer will be belonging to someone you'd probably want to know why that pet isn't would you?

no idea but the name nana makes my skin crawl lol

The Italians, Greeks, those with family from the British Isles all use variations of Nana, Nonna, Nan, etc. Do the French, German, Polish, Jewish terms make your skin crawl, too?

I saw an HGTV personality talking about her grandchild calling her BG, for Best Grandma ever. Is that allowed or offensive?

So there is no allowance for an unknown or unexpected situation that may arise after the pet has been brought home that makes it risky to keep the animal?

no idea but the name nana makes my skin crawl lol
:laughing:Hilarious that you said that - just beating me to it. My DH's daughters have had their kids call me Nana, which is unfortunate but understandable since they already have two Grandmas. I've never mentioned it to anybody IRL but "skin crawl" is exactly the feeling it evokes. :crazy2:

:laughing:Hilarious that you said that - just beating me to it. My DH's daughters have had their kids call me Nana, which is unfortunate but understandable since they already have two Grandmas. I've never mentioned it to anybody IRL but "skin crawl" is exactly the feeling it evokes. :crazy2:

On our yearly trip to northern Michigan a couple of weeks ago with my son, wife and our adorable 3 and 1 year old grand kids, whom we really don't see too often; I did make it clear that I'm good ole Gramma Kitty. The reason for that spelling is because all three of my sons have always called me Momma. :love:

I feel left out I just called my grandparents grandma and grandpa. While I don't have any memories really of my dad's parents who passed away when I was really really young they were always referred to as "Grandma Jean" for example with my mom's mother is simply called Grandma. My husband's grandparents don't/didn't have nicknames either BUT his dad does have a nickname (pawpaw) from his step-daughter's children.

My silly irritation is reading the phrase (or variation of) "we did what we were asked to do, we flattened the curve, now they have moved the goalposts"

I really only read it on the Dis, but have read that phrase over and over and over!! UGH!!

I'll be happy when we only talk about goalposts in reference to a football game!!

I've never cared for "Nana" either!

I always find it interesting when I hear what you have described above. I had my two grandmothers and my great grandmother. I called them all Grammy! There was never any confusion. If I was talking about one of them and needed to differentiate between them, I would use their last name; Grammy Smith, Grammy Brown, etc My kids were the same, had two grandmothers and one great grandmother and also called them all Grammy.

I've never cared for "Nana" either!

I always find it interesting when I hear what you have described above. I had my two grandmothers and my great grandmother. I called them all Grammy! There was never any confusion. If I was talking about one of them and needed to differentiate between them, I would use their last name; Grammy Smith, Grammy Brown, etc My kids were the same, had two grandmothers and one great grandmother and also called them all Grammy.
The kids all call DH Grandpa-firstname, and they refer to their other two grandfathers the same way. Honestly, as much as Nana rankles, I'm not sure I'd love being called Grandma either, and I especially wouldn't have 16 years ago at age 36 when the first two grandkids were born. :laughing: It's all good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter