Sister Wives

Aspyn made the show for me. It was like she was talking for the viewers. Seems like she clearly sees the dynamic of her parents/mothers.

I was pissed at Christine's disingenuous nonsense about being open and patient with her children's anger and sadness regarding the move. I think it depends on which child it is.

Aspyn, who is married and leaving Las Vegas at some point as well, F.I.N.E. fine. Christine is soft and sympathetic a la if I could live beside you for the rest of my life I would.

Gwendolyn after saying she thought one of the parcels of land is ugly (That's anger/sadness Christine! And at the least an opinion) is told "That's fine you don't have to live here for very long". Spoken with such irritation, and venom, like she's a teenager herself.

This move is beyond bizarre. Christine buying came out of nowhere.

I loved Kody's explanation of each family's needs to the architect. Why? So I can get a family tree again. Sometimes I get Christine and Janelle's children confused.

--------

On a more superficial level - Christine has lost some weight, eh? :thumbsup2

Last edited:

What the beliefs are for those who practice polygamy and the Brosn family's beliefs Im sure are very different. I watch Escaping Polygamy and get the horrible side of it, but was hoping a real family could show the good side. I dont get that from Sister Wives. Other than the wives being married to Kody, I never learned one thing about the FLDS, what they stand for, what their beliefs are and why they choose to live their lifestyle knowing its against the "norm".[/QUOTE

To put it in a nutshell, they follow the teachings of John Smith,(a prophet) who allegedly got a message from God to take on multiple wives, be fruitful and live forever in the Kingdom of God (heaven) with their extended families, and also while on earth. There was much controversy in the Church, and as other church leaders took over, they denounced this practice, (due to other messages from God) so the church was split into two different beliefs. There also seems to be lots of controversy over John Smith and what he himself did or did not practice and some of the debate about polygamy seems to be based on some letter that was written (a bit confusing as well). They will often use historical accounts, whereby other holy figures had multiple wives, and use these as examples of God's approval. This is what I gleaned...feel free to google for more info.

Oh, sure, I agree. I don't have anything against it legally, as long as they don't get extra privileges on their taxes or whatever. I just know technically it's illegal.
I think the legal issue has to do with them claiming to have other wives. If he was just a man having affairs, that would be okay. Not really sure on this point about the law, would have to do some research. I personally don't care what they choose to do regarding lifestyle...we have so many diverse lifestyles out there, we just don't always hear about it.

I think the legal issue has to do with them claiming to have other wives. If he was just a man having affairs, that would be okay. Not really sure on this point about the law, would have to do some research. I personally don't care what they choose to do regarding lifestyle...we have so many diverse lifestyles out there, we just don't always hear about it.

I dont care how they live either. If a man wants to be with multiple woman, thats none of my business. Its the children (still none of my business) I care about. The Browns are the exception because they have income from the show. Most of these families can not afford basic necessities. These men father so many kids and cant take care of them. Religion/beliefs go out the window when your children are hungry or not allowed to get a proper education/social skills to succeed in life. These parents are making extreme choices for their kids.

To put it in a nutshell, they follow the teachings of John Smith,(a prophet) who allegedly got a message from God to take on multiple wives, be fruitful and live forever in the Kingdom of God (heaven) with their extended families, and also while on earth. There was much controversy in the Church, and as other church leaders took over, they denounced this practice, (due to other messages from God) so the church was split into two different beliefs. There also seems to be lots of controversy over John Smith and what he himself did or did not practice and some of the debate about polygamy seems to be based on some letter that was written (a bit confusing as well). They will often use historical accounts, whereby other holy figures had multiple wives, and use these as examples of God's approval. This is what I gleaned...feel free to google for more info.

I think you mean Joseph Smith. He had 40 wives. I’d say more but I don’t want to potentially offend anybody.

Last edited:
128CCB3E-8E7F-4948-A772-F5DD81FB6388.jpeg
They moved from Las Vegas. Robyn’s house sold. The other 3 have been sitting empty on the market with price reductions for almost 6 months now. Knowing the Vegas market they had some very creative financing just to get into these homes to begin with. They overspent and over bought.

View attachment 391208
They moved from Las Vegas. Robyn’s house sold. The other 3 have been sitting empty on the market with price reductions for almost 6 months now. Knowing the Vegas market they had some very creative financing just to get into these homes to begin with. They overspent and over bought.
Where do you get all your updated info neverlandsky? I just watch the show, so I'm behind. Thanks for updating us all. So, six months empty, that must be a drain. And having to pay for rentals and another mortgage for Christine. I don't know how they're paying all those bills.

This thread has inspired me to go back to the beginning. I've watched from the start but it's been awhile. I'm completely blown away by how different the family is from season 1 to now. They honestly seemed like a huge, loving family. All the wives seemed happy and to genuinely care for and like one another. Kody and Meri had chemistry and seemed pretty happy. I did think it was interesting that Meri is the one who started things with bringing Robin into the family, but then she experienced a lot of jealousy. Christine even said she wanted nothing more than for them all to live together, when Robin was being courted. Now she says that's the last thing she wants. Now they just seem like neighbors who hang out from time to time.

On another note, Meri seemed to gain quite a bit of weight between season 1 and season 2. Perhaps the stress of a 4th wife and coming out as polygamists. I had forgotten that.

Personally, I'm super bummed the show is ending. I've been a pretty loyal follower, and I watch very little reality tv. I find the whole concept so interesting.

This thread has inspired me to go back to the beginning. I've watched from the start but it's been awhile. I'm completely blown away by how different the family is from season 1 to now. They honestly seemed like a huge, loving family. All the wives seemed happy and to genuinely care for and like one another. Kody and Meri had chemistry and seemed pretty happy. I did think it was interesting that Meri is the one who started things with bringing Robin into the family, but then she experienced a lot of jealousy. Christine even said she wanted nothing more than for them all to live together, when Robin was being courted. Now she says that's the last thing she wants. Now they just seem like neighbors who hang out from time to time.

On another note, Meri seemed to gain quite a bit of weight between season 1 and season 2. Perhaps the stress of a 4th wife and coming out as polygamists. I had forgotten that.

Personally, I'm super bummed the show is ending. I've been a pretty loyal follower, and I watch very little reality tv. I find the whole concept so interesting.

wife swap is returning to tv this week so there's something to fill the void.

Wouldn't you love to see an honest discussion of why the changing feelings on living together? They all say they are advocates for the lifestyle, but I keep seeing various ones seemingly turn away from parts of it over time (living together, helping with each other's kids, etc.) Christine sure couldn't have been clearer on her feelings about all living under one roof. Complete with periods and exclamation points. ;)

I enjoyed Robyn's honest commentary about Kody's desire to keep moving the family around, and how in doing so he might be robbing the kids of their connection to the very home he wants them to keep coming back to.

Wouldn't you love to see an honest discussion of why the changing feelings on living together? They all say they are advocates for the lifestyle, but I keep seeing various ones seemingly turn away from parts of it over time (living together, helping with each other's kids, etc.) Christine sure couldn't have been clearer on her feelings about all living under one roof. Complete with periods and exclamation points. ;)

I enjoyed Robyn's honest commentary about Kody's desire to keep moving the family around, and how in doing so he might be robbing the kids of their connection to the very home he wants them to keep coming back to.
First you changed your avatar and it keeps confusing me. :rotfl2:

I liked what Robyn said too. He won’t ever get it though, guys like that never do. If anything he’s pushing his kids away by constantly moving them. The whole thing is selfish as hell IMO.

Didn’t Kody’s brother die in a motorcycle accident? I was horrified by the kids tossing getting a motorcycle out there like a joke. I can understand why Gabriel got upset when Kody told Gwendolyn she’d get one because she was being so mature about the whole thing. That was a purposeful, pointed dig no matter how innocent Kody tried to make it.

I felt bad for Meri with Mariah and her girlfriend doing a 180 on the moving plans. That would have hurt my feelings too.

First you changed your avatar and it keeps confusing me. :rotfl2:

I liked what Robyn said too. He won’t ever get it though, guys like that never do. If anything he’s pushing his kids away by constantly moving them. The whole thing is selfish as hell IMO.

Didn’t Kody’s brother die in a motorcycle accident? I was horrified by the kids tossing getting a motorcycle out there like a joke. I can understand why Gabriel got upset when Kody told Gwendolyn she’d get one because she was being so mature about the whole thing. That was a purposeful, pointed dig no matter how innocent Kody tried to make it.

I felt bad for Meri with Mariah and her girlfriend doing a 180 on the moving plans. That would have hurt my feelings too.
My new avatar has me confused sometimes too! ;)

The whole move really is selfish as hell. I find myself wanting to smack him upside the head.

I had forgotten about Kody's brother but I think you're right. Not cool to mess with that topic. But yeah, I think it was a dig. At a time when he needs to be building bridges with those kids. Gabriel has a legitimate gripe IMO.

I felt bad for Meri too. And I haven't been a big Meri lover any time recently. But that had to hurt. And Kody basically saying "I told you so" didn't help. I thought it was telling how she was cradling that dog like a baby through the whole scene.

It boggles my mind that Kody thinks he can convince his wives to move into much smaller apartment-like quarters in one, big house. If they feel they all need mansions as temporary housing, attached apartments are not gonna fly!

i think vegas was a wake-up, maturing experience for christine. you gotta figure-she's the only one of the 4 wives who prior to the move never had the experience of living somewhat on her own w/ her kids/running her own household. meri had the newlywed 'just the 2 of us' head of household experience, janelle took off for 3 years from the family and lived as a single parent, and robyn was a divorced single parent in her own household. christine only ever experienced being in an all in one household as a wife so it had to be illuminating and i would guess to an extent freeing to get her own home to do with as she pleased.

in my opinion she has changed the most over the course of the show (she was a people pleaser-read kody-who just went with the flow in the beginning, now she is much more self assured and opinionated).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter