• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Slinky Dog Coaster

Slinky Dog Dash Coaster Spotted Entering Disney’s Hollywood Studios
http://blogmickey.com/2017/08/photo...r-spotted-entering-disneys-hollywood-studios/
slinky-dog-coaster.jpg

Certainly a photo they wanted out there, considering they arrived covered as evidenced in other photos. Sure looks like a staff photographer there to get a good photo as well. Time to get the hype machine going full force.

The vehicle unveil is 100% what Wednesday's announcement will be. Although seems unlikely they'll have it running by Wednesday (is the coaster control tech installed yet on the track/platform?). Certainly a small possibility though.

I'm not expecting it to open soon, but why the announcement I wonder then? Why the mysterious "announcement" boxes that some have gotten?
The big announcement already happened at D23 that the land would open by Summer 2018.

Would it be out of the ordinary if they opened up the coaster before the rest of the land (since DHS is down a ride after GMR closing?). They have to be feeling some sort of pressure having a theme park (that costs the same to get into as the other three) that has four whole rides and a few shows.

Maybe this is just an announcement to hype up the land? But that feels too early too.

Guess just wait til tomorrow, but was curious what people thought the announcement would be about specifically.
The announcement is likely to be a vehicle unveil. I don't expect to see the coaster open before the land, but could see the land opening being brought forward (maybe to Spring 2018?) The fact theming elements are going in is strange at this stage IMO.

These coaster cars are so cute- We are ridiculously excited for Toy Story Land and Slinky Dog Dash! The track looks much longer than a 90 second ride, I was hoping for closer to 2 min, but I have to defer to those with more knowledge and experience. We are not a big thrill family, well my husband is, but the rest of us are not, but we really enjoy the coasters as Disney. Looks like this one will fit right in! Has anyone compared it to Gadget's Go Coaster in Toon Town, DLR? My kiddos like Gadget's better than Barnstormer, and I thought the themeing out there was fun.

These coaster cars are so cute- We are ridiculously excited for Toy Story Land and Slinky Dog Dash! The track looks much longer than a 90 second ride, I was hoping for closer to 2 min, but I have to defer to those with more knowledge and experience. We are not a big thrill family, well my husband is, but the rest of us are not, but we really enjoy the coasters as Disney. Looks like this one will fit right in! Has anyone compared it to Gadget's Go Coaster in Toon Town, DLR? My kiddos like Gadget's better than Barnstormer, and I thought the themeing out there was fun.

I haven't seen it explicitly compared to that - but it is very similar to Barnstormer so I suspect this will be longer and slightly more intense than that as well. This has two launches so right there it is "more" than either of those

The vehicle unveil is 100% what Wednesday's announcement will be. Although seems unlikely they'll have it running by Wednesday (is the coaster control tech installed yet on the track/platform?). Certainly a small possibility though.
I don't see them running it Wednesday.

Remember that this coaster has two launches, so even though it will slow down as it reaches the launch, it should be moving pretty fast through most of it.

An actual dog would be awesome but then we would get a blackfish style doc.
Now with more lies and propaganda to slander our enemy. I'm not a sea world person but it was so obvious watching blackfish how fake it was. In all seriousness Where would we find a dog that big?

Also I thought the train would be longer. Looks kind of short just two cars

Now with more lies and propaganda to slander our enemy. I'm not a sea world person but it was so obvious watching blackfish how fake it was. In all seriousness Where would we find a dog that big?

Also I thought the train would be longer. Looks kind of short just two cars

I think that is only part of it - if you look in the CGI of the ride Disney had put out it looks like there are 4 middle sections, not just one
IMG_5609.JPG

What were you expecting/hoping for? Like an actual dog or something?

Something beyond a basic outdoor coaster with props scattered around would be preferable. I would have preferred a detailed and immersive dark ride, at least themed to a Pixar IP that's not Toy Story. I simply find Toy Story land to look boring, an off-the-shelf carnival ride with a simple looking coaster isn't what I go to Disney for, I can get that at Six Flags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter