Votes: 13 12.3%
  • I don’t celebrate Easter

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Other - and there will be others - please post your answer

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I know there’s already been some threads about Easter, but I can’t let Easter weekend come and go without doing an Easter poll.

With Easter Sunday being in a few days, I’m wondering today…..

What are your plans for this Easter weekend? (include today as part of the weekend)
(multiple choice)

*However you celebrate - I hope you all have a Happy and Blessed Easter ✝️🐰🌷

For Me…….I will be going a church service this afternoon (I’ll leave work long enough to go to church and then return back to work). Easter Sunday I will be Lectoring/reading at the 9:30am Mass and then my DH and I will go straight to brunch. We’ll be there with both sets of parents - they like Easter brunch. Then my DH will go home and just have a relaxing rest of the day.

IMG_1622.png

Last edited:

Good morning all.

Marie, Natalie and I will be going to Easter service at church tomorrow. Her boys are with the dad tomorrow. And then Natalie and her boys over on Sunday for brunch and whatever. Vince and his gang are on a cruise in the Caribbean somewhere.

Thanks for another great week of polls, Sandy. My best to you, Kevin, Katie, all your parents and family for a wonderful Easter Sesson. And to all the folks here on the boards.

1711714960661.png

I swear I posted this on here, but I don't see it. Apologies if it is a repeat.

DH is working all weekend, so I had planned a ham dinner for around 3 on Sunday. However, older son is spending Easter with his girlfriend and family in Des Moines and now younger son has been invited to brunch at his girlfriend's family's. So...I will be home with a book and the cats and trying to figure out if I like this stage of life or not, ha!

I will still make the dinner so there are leftovers for the week, but...sure will be different than years past.

I will go to the stations this evening, and sing in the choir so Easter Sunday will be a big day. Dinner at someone else's home.

I know there’s already been some threads about Easter, but I can’t let Easter weekend come and go without doing an Easter poll.

With Easter Sunday being in a few days, I’m wondering today…..

What are your plans for this Easter weekend? (include today as part of the weekend)
(multiple choice)

*However you celebrate - I hope you all have a Happy and Blessed Easter ✝️🐰🌷

For Me…….I will be going to Mass this afternoon (I’ll leave work long enough to go to Mass and then return back to work). Easter Sunday I will be Lectoring/reading at the 9:30am Mass and then my DH and I will go straight to brunch. We’ll be there with both sets of parents - they like Easter brunch. Then my DH will go home and just have a relaxing rest of the day.

View attachment 846277
Never knew of a church that had Mass on Good Friday? When I went to a catholic church it used to be service with reading of the passion, veneration of the cross, and communion that was from a previous service.

We'll be getting together at my parents' house on Saturday for egg coloring, lunch and dinner. We're 2 hours away or so (by car), so we'll go there in the morning and leave after dinner. My brother also will drive in with his family. My sister lives in town. My older son is coming in as well from college - he's about a 2 hour drive away (the other direction from us) so he can make it.

Easter Sunday, the plan right now is Mass in the morning, then I have to drive my younger son and his roommate back to school, as his spring break was this week, but classes are back in session Monday.

:goodvibesI checked a lot of the boxes on this one! Easter is the most solemn and happy celebration of our faith - it's a pretty big deal. Today we're feasting at our house, which feels a little weird for Good Friday, but that's just the way everyone's schedules worked out. We're having 8 guests for an early dinner and will head over to church for evening services right after.

:cake:Tomorrow is my birthday, so we're getting together with friends for that too but will likely go to a restaurant.

Sunday will start with a raucous and joyful morning service with another feast at mid-day. We'll be hosted by friends. Overall, it's going to be a simply LOVELY few days. Hallelujah - He is risen indeed!! :worship:

Today and tomorrow will just be regular days for us. I'm retired and Hubby works from home so he will be working on and off. I'm leaving Mon. for WDW so will go out at some point today and put gas in the car, buy car snacks and cash from the ATM. Meanwhile I'm doing all the laundry. Sunday will pretty much be a regular day as well, we do have a ham to cook and at some point on Sunday I'll be packing. Not sure what my son and his SO and the grand daughter are doing, she isn't old enough yet to really do the whole Easter basket thing.

I'll start cooking tonight for Sunday.

I have to lector for the Easter Vigil Mass... I love reading the story of creation!

I'm making dinner for my family and I'll be taking food to my parents and my MIL on Sunday. MIL is homebound and my Mom is recovering from surgery, so she's opted to stay home, so I'm cooking for us and them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter