slo’s FRIDAY 4/28 poll - Youth Sports

Youth Sports - What child do you support? (M.C.)

• My Sons)

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • My Daughters(s)

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • My Grandson(s)

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My Granddaughter(s)

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • My Niece(s)

• My Nephew(s)

• My Friend’s Child/Kids

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • A child I know, but the parents are not my friend (you could be a teacher, past coach or etc)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I have no kids that I watch play a youth sport

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you have any young athletes that you support in youth sports?
If yes….who are they?
Also, if you could post what sport they play, that would be great.
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I have my DD19 (college softball), my neighbor’s DD17 (HS softball), a friend’s DD17 (HS softball), friend‘s 12yr old daughters (travel softball) and that’s all for now. I have no nieces or nephews so my friend’s kids are the next best thing 🙂👍🏻
1B66F8D6-C2E5-4460-AAA7-72311F768D05.png

DGD does trampoline. Recently just stopped karate.
DGS plays basketball and goes Little Ninjas which is a parkour class for little ones
DGD does like many sports, DGS will do soccer when the season starts (indoor summer).

My kids were in a lot!! Glad I can pick and choose what I go to now.

My athletes have aged out. DS25 wrestled when he was young and played football all through school. DD21 played softball from preschool through graduation but wasn't interested in playing at the college level.

My only kid still in school used to swim competitively but decided against going out for the HS team because she's more into arts/music and varsity sports get in the way of band and theatre. She does still shoot (archery and BB/pellet) through 4H, but that's a short season and a lot of self-directed practice so not nearly as demanding as a team sport.

Both of my daughters played sports growing up -my youngest was much more into theater and other activities so she stopped when she was 12. My older daughter continued through High School, playing softball and basketball competitively on various regional travel teams but gave it up after that. Now she coaches in the local youth leagues.

My boys are in their 20's so no youth sports for me any more. When they were young though, they each played sports year round so we always had something going.

My 29 year old still plays soccer which I try to get to each week, does that count?

None now. My son and nieces/nephews are all in their 20’s and 30’s, and no grands yet. DS played soccer and baseball. Occasionally attended various games/competitions of nieces/nephews (those that lived close by): soccer, baseball, hockey, lacrosse, figure skating.

I have 2 nieces who are still in youth sports (both are graduating seniors this year) and I have been to see both this year. After this year, I’m not sure we will have anyone. My kids participated, but have aged out now.

My youngest is playing lacrosse for his senior year - tomorrow is his (second) senior night. He'd never played before this season because he was always too busy with soccer, but decided to give it a go and now he's a starter on the team, so he learned fast.

Once he's off to college, we might go to a game or two of our neighbor's daughter, who'll be a freshman in HS next year playing soccer. We have gone to see our nephew in swim meets when they're nearby (they live in PA, but occasionally travel to OH for meets) and went to see our niece in the marching band last fall.

2 boys...
Grades 2-12 soccer
Grades 9-12 tennis
1 year of college soccer

We are now 9 years post the eldest graduating and you know what - while we enjoyed it during the time it was happening, I'm not at all ashamed to say I have no interest in watching other peoples kids play! We schlepped all over hell & creation for more years than I care to count and I'm more than okay moving on from that part of being a parent.

My older son played baseball, basketball, soccer and volleyball, but he's 28 now. My younger son played one season of baseball, took a line drive to the eye and he refused to play again. He played soccer for years but last year was his last one. He's 13 and is good enough to play for the school (our school district is very large and sports are very competitive just to even try out), but he has made some new "friends" that have made it clear to him that sports are for a certain type of person that they aren't. He's always wanted to try track but again, these "friends" talked him out of it this year. He ended up regretting it, so hopefully next year he'll do it. I miss going to the games and cheering the kids on!

Our grandsons depending on season, soccer, basketball, baseball, and football. Sometime two at once. Most times, their dad is a coach. We don't see that many games. Some locations are too tough for DH to manage. I go bored to tears, don't understand most of the rules, but I clap for anyone. DH enjoys watching.

Our granddaughter do soccer year round but they live 150 miles away, so rarely see a game of theirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter