Snakes at Blizzard Beach!!!!!

I am so sorry I read this post!
There can't be snakes in Disney,
There can't be snakes in Disney!
Poof, it's out of my mind..off to read another thread, snakeless I hope!
Franne

Dh did see an alligator in one of the water traps at the Magnolia Golf course. The man in the pro shop warned them, so they were on the lookout. Dh hit his ball rather close to the water, but not in it. He was on his way to take his shot, but thought to check the water first...when there it was...an alligator just staring at him. He thought the alligator would enjoy the golf ball more than he would, so he just left it. lol

Diana

When my DD was 11 and DS 7 they were walking to our cabin in Fort Wilderness and saw a snake. DS wanted to pick it up but was stopped by DD. We were told that it was a pygmy rattlesnake and the bite poison. It didn't shake us other than to stress to DS WHO STILL PICKS UP SNAKES that he needed to be more aware of the type BEFORE trying to pick them up.

Ted and Holly, we live up the road from you and I have seen a few snakes since we moved here in Dec. 03.

One was wriggling through my garage, son chased him out but then several weeks later was back in the garage.

Also had one on the patio when I went to move my plants before the last hurricane.

I live here and see snakes and gators all the time, but it never occured to me that I might see a snake at a water park!! My DH and I go to TL all the time in the summer and I love chillin' out and relaxing in the lazy river. Of course, I will still go there - I can't imagine summer without TL - but I'm not sure how relaxed I'll be anymore in the lazy river!!!!!

We live in Fl and have seen more snakes at Disney than at home. We've seen them at the water parks. Most recent siting was June '04 at lazy river at BB. If at the water parks and I leave a beach bag sitting outside, I always make sure it's zippered. We saw a black racer this last time. He wasn't in the water, but near the edge. YUCK! As for gators, when it floods from the rains, they get displaced. Florida law doesn't allow for removal of gators less than 4 feet long.

Originally posted by Franne
I am so sorry I read this post!
There can't be snakes in Disney!
Poof, it's out of my mind..off to read another thread, snakeless I hope!
Franne

I'm with you Franne!! I'm TERRIFIED of snakes. I got chills just reading this thread. Almost makes me want to cancel my vacation and go somewhere snake-free! Almost.....

There was a snake outside my office building about 2 weeks ago. I didn't see it, thank God, but my co-worker warned me. I still look for it each time I leave the building.

I don't mind snake where I live (Indiana) but that is largely because there are no poisonous snakes here. Now Florida is a different story!!! That picture of the Cottonmouth that was near the Lazy River petrified me. They are EXTREMELY poisonous.

Good thing we never have time to go to the water parks!!

Yep, nuthin like laying on an inner tube floating lazily along, practically naked, and seeing a 3 foot snake slithering alongside you.

There can't be snakes in Disney, There can't be snakes in Disney, There can't be snakes in Disney

Snakes in Disney is just an urban legend. It ain't true. Please say it ain't true.;) :eek: :earseek:

Sorry, folks, there's snakes all over Disney. A beauty was slithering across the sidewalk at BCV the last time we were there.

I could be wrong, but I would think you'd be pretty safe in the parks themselves if you really don't want to encounter a snake. Except maybe Tom Sawyer Island.

In 1995 I did the College Program and was a deep water life guard...I hate to tell you all but there are snake around all the parks. I was guarding the lazy river one day and looked down the end of my stand and there was a snake curled up sleeping in the sun. Now when I started there I'm sure it was much worse than now. I started one month after BB opened so the snakes still thought of that as home. Don't worry we catch them and move them. You're safe.

I think to fix this "problem", instead of moving them, Disney should start selling snakeskin pin bags, snakeskin Mickey handbags etc.

I can't believe anyone would honestly believe that one water park would have snakes and the other would not???

Yes, we've encountered the black racer snakes (harmless) while in the lazy rivers at BOTH BB and TL. I just quietly brought it to the attention of a nearby CM each time so there wouldn't be mass panic.

The CM's do their best but other creatures get as hot as we do and sometimes it's really hard to keep them away from that lovely cool water. One little guy just kept coming back each time the CM took him away.

On the other hand, one snake seemed to be trying to get out of the lazy river (maybe all those inner tubes and people were scaring him) and he was having a hard time getting a grip on the sides to crawl out.

Now the thread on the spiders just killed me.....yikes!

Rhonna

I am with you, snakes don't bother me a bit use to have a couple as pets, but spiders ICK

I have reservations about it, more then once people have heard me yell SUE(DW) come kill the spider.

I have gotten better I don't want to teach my DD my irrational fear but spiders are still ICK

Dave

Saw a pretty good sized snake in World Showcase a few weeks ago. And also saw a gator in the Beach Club Villas lagoon. I guess the gator's not news to anyone though.

We were at TL on Saturday and I must admit that when we were on the lazy river at first I kept my eyes opened looking for snakes because of a post like this in the past. However, in the end, I was just able to relax and take my chances, heck I had to fly to get to/from Florida, it's best not to worry about all the things that could happen. We had the greatest time!

Bobbi:D

Y'all are freaking me out! I am nursing a big ole' snake phobia here. I wasn't that excited about doing the water parks anyway, so this is a good excuse for me to go get a massage instead!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter