Something About Nothing ... #12

This has been an interesting day. I went to the doctor’s office and found out that the nurse practitioner that I have been seeing for the past few years is no longer working there. The receptionist said that she called and left me a message, but I never got it. When I got home and checked the phone there was no dial tone. I called the phone company and got that fixed. When I checked the voicemail there were 33 messages dating back to July 9. Apparently our home phone was out, but since we almost never use it to make outgoing calls we never noticed it. Most of the missed calls were telemarketers. We decided that if we went over 2 months not knowing that our phone wasn’t working, then we probably didn’t really need it. We cancelled the landline today. (I waned to do this years ago, but dh wanted to keep the landline.)I spent a good portion of this afternoon calling various places and updating our contact information.

Our land line is now a VOLP, so unless our internet goes out, phone should not. But I agree with ya Charade, almost all the calls we get on that number is spam. We generally now give out our cell numbers, though I get spam on my cell sometimes too. But those I can easily block. I blocked so many on my home phone, it is too full to accept more. So at least those we don’t hear anymore.

Time for food. Was lucky, older one did take me out for breakfast. So full from that, lunch was just noshing. But now, hungry. So off to make dinner.

Happy trip tomorrow Bobbie!

You all will have a fun time and hope the weather is great there

I bet you will be in bed early tonight and up before dawn

Charade guess it was time to give up the land line

We had a phone in our new house only because we thought it was a necessity

After one year of paying for the line charges, we cancelled it
We use our cells only

To use a landline phone in my area, you pay $15 + taxes each month and XX amount for each minute you use the phone
It was a quarter per minute then doubled in that first year here

33 messages!
That’s a lot

Hey all! Just waiting on middle kid to get home from ball game -hoping the band director lets them go after 1/2time as Dh wants to head to Fayetteville tonite-University of Arkansas family weekend this weekend. We are going to broil at the football game tomorrow...
Check engine light came on on way home again-per a google search hoping it is just a dirty part. If not and it is an expensive thing will probably have to cancel HHN. I actually bought trip insurance - I have never done that before-so hope I don't need it!!

Charade, Mac-we got rid of our landline years ago, and just got rid of directv, switched to a cable that is cheaper and gets us faster internet too. Saves ~$60/month. With all the streaming services almost don't need cable either, but subscriptions to each thing is more than just having cable-for now.
And we have that fabulous Maserati again
Woohoo!!! I am just hoping for a reliable car lol! Did get a coupon code for free upgrade-but not to that level!

Only 4 days for us...maybe I need to start packing soon and find the time to get my haircut and pedicure.
Yeah...I really need a haircut but I have zero time. And maybe it is better to wait til after HHN to cover the grey anway?:rotfl:

The new floor looks great. I never realized how bad the old carpet looked until I looked at my before and after pictures. I can’t wait until we can redo the whole house.
Nice! Pics?

We are leaving tomorrow morning about 7 am and will come back Sunday about 1 pm. I have a Residence Inn with 2 BR put aside. The teens have one bedroom and the living room while we have the other bedroom . There are two bathrooms. The hotel is a hot tub and pool so we go and chill after the park. We all have the dining plan so I don't have to supply any food at the park or hotel. I just bring snacks for the trip. I am looking forward to it but worried about the kitties outside. I will put down lots of food in the morning. I have to pack today and make sure I have everything because every time we go one of the teens need something.
Oh that sounds like fun!! Even though we live under an hour away from Silver Dollar City I have gotten a condo for a couple nights every once in a while. Kinda staycation.

marathon search for the best chicken wings
Well my Hubs club puts on a chicken wing contest every November-the longest running chicken wing contest for charity in the country (far as they can tell). They trademarked the name "Wingapalooza". Raised almost $90k for children's charities last year. You should come visit!!!

Boy fell asleep on couch-long week. He's got most of his stuff together but he needs to finish.

Hoping to sleep in a bit tomorrow. Oldest wants us up to go to Farmer's market tomorrow.

This is the room before we moved all her stuff back in. I wish we had thought to replace the baseboards.

ofr3bq.jpg

Does everyone here sleep in on Saturday?

I’m here.......:D

Been awake for an hour........

Talking about HHN last night.........although it was so busy, we did enjoy it a lot........

There’s a guy dressed as Freddie Mercury from Queen in the Vamp 85 area......got a picture with him and he spoke exactly the way Freddie used to talk.......he was fabulous!

But, we were so glad we had Express Pass........25 minutes wait is probably my limit.......and that was the longest we waited.......so worth it for us.

Getting ready to go have breakfast down in the lounge, which is working well I have to say........then we’ll take 5 seconds max to decide what to do today.........

Have a good one..........:wave2:

Nope, wash had to be done, third load in washer, now ready to do some errands.

Yay, sun is out. Bobbie, safe travel and awesome fun with the park today.

Ah, maybe a coffee run too. Later homies.

Good morning.

I usually try to sleep in on Saturdays. I woke up around 9:30 this morning, but I was awake twice durning the night. I feel like I could could go back to sleep, but I promised B we would do some shopping today. Next week is spirit week at her school, so we are going to see what we can find for her to wear.

MonyK - Hope the car issue is minor and you dont have to cancel HHN.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

94634A92-BDDA-4A30-B2EB-F1DB237A9075.jpeg

7280BBF1-8A74-43CB-8067-F38BBE5E7F43.jpeg

EBBF16D5-EC4E-4AD1-8E15-C2F791161C81.jpeg

Hot summer temps returned here again yesterday.

Have a big mug of coffee in hand........and sun is shining.

Monyk hope you don’t need to cancel your HHN trip :hug:

Charade nice floor and cute cat.

Schumi great to hear your first night impression of Houses and Scare Zones.

Bobbie68 have a great trip with the kiddos this weekend.

15 sleeps Mac until you see Schumi’s man Mikey.

76C3B198-52EE-4562-B6B2-FAE1ECAE7D63.jpeg

Good morning!

Mac- Saturday and Sunday are sleep in days for us!
Monyk- Hope the car is an easy fix so your trip is on !
Bobbie- Hope you're on a coaster right now!
Charade- Nice floor! Caspian looks approving!
Schumi- Sounds like you're having a great time!
Lynne-enjoy the nice weather- yep- wash for me too today!

:wave: to Keisha, Robo, Ckmiles, Tgrgrl, Tink, and everyone else getting started today!

Morning all :surfweb:Slowly waking up. Sitting in hotel in Bentonville. Hotel has breakfast but think we are meeting oldest for breakfast, then Fayetteville farmers market and family stuff at campus.

First night at HHN sounded kinda Wild per FB and Twitter. Glad Schumi had fun. Bet crowds are crazy this year. Been tracking house wait times-crazy last night!

Per code reader on the truck-cylinder 2 misfire -likely spark plugs - dug out paperwork and last spark plug change 90k miles ago so due. CHEAP FIX! Yeah! Will find out for sure Monday am, getting oil change anyway.

Time to hunt down some coffee:thumbsup2

Ooh, Monykalyn, hope you do not have to cancel, and car issue is minor. So far, sounds like good news for the car.

Meeting up to do some shopping, and pay some bills. Happy it is the weekend. Refreshing 67 out, but hit 80 before the day is done. Dsis said feels like a Fall day. I said not really, just so nice, low humidity and some sun, not the muggy and wet days we have had for so many days now. Even nicer day tomorrow. But then, the tropical storm will not die enough, 1 to 3 inches of rain by Tuesday afternoon. So back to rainy days to start the work week.

Per code reader on the truck-cylinder 2 misfire -likely spark plugs - dug out paperwork and last spark plug change 90k miles ago so due. CHEAP FIX! Yeah! Will find out for sure Monday am, getting oil change anyway.

Yay! Great news.

Ooh, Monykalyn, hope you do not have to cancel, and car issue is minor. So far, sounds like good news for the car.

Meeting up to do some shopping, and pay some bills. Happy it is the weekend. Refreshing 67 out, but hit 80 before the day is done. Dsis said feels like a Fall day. I said not really, just so nice, low humidity and some sun, not the muggy and wet days we have had for so many days now. Even nicer day tomorrow. But then, the tropical storm will not die enough, 1 to 3 inches of rain by Tuesday afternoon. So back to rainy days to start the work week.

Kind of gloomy here today. We have been told to expect the worst rains tomorrow and Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter