Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning all. Felt like i hit the jackpot when digging for steaks in freezer for tomorrow & half a leftover turkey breast popped up and said ‘hello :banana: A couple of side dishes and i’m Home free, whee.

Errands i didn’t get done yesterday since i was on bit of a spring cleaning jag. Only one room partially done, bet at least I made a dent in that shore.

Lol.....I hear you!

And that’s exactly the reason I’m keeping Tom away from them.....they’re on a farm too........he will want one and so would I if I’m honest.......but not right now nor in the foreseeable future........:D

We would have one of those puppies home with us before we could blink!

I’m sure you don’t regret getting the puppy now though.......:)

Hi!! Nice to meet you!:) Cat mom to many here!:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

I'm almost there, too! :)

Family time is THE BEST! you deserve a nice quiet night!:)

Took a nap! How nice! Off to Chinese with Joe and Troy!
I'm so envious of my other boy- Kyle is just arriving at the Hard Rock hotel with Erin and her parents for the weekend! :cool1:And- proud mama here- I taught him well! He handled all the plans(with a little help from me!) :)

Have a great night all!!

Aw, come on, you know you want one :) woof woof

:welcome:

To our latest homie who also is a cat person
Ensusieasm

You’ll fit in just fine here!

Sorry I’m late to the party here...
Were you cleaning the cat box?

Ok, we need to come up with a nickname, anything longer than 5 letter rule lol

Happy Saturday all...…..:D

We have another beautiful sunny day here today......so, all DS laundry from his week working in Scotland will get washed, hung out and dried, ironed and put away today...….he`s so enjoying it!!

Getting back to normal and can`t believe it`s been a week since we left Orlando!! Can`t wait to get back....under 40 days now!!!

Did you guys see the UOAP lounge is staying open till the end of the year now? It`s not anything spectacular, maybe a place to cool down and charge phones if needed. We just went in to chat to the staff and see how busy it was and there were a few folks in when we went.

Some were annoyed there was no free drinks and no bathroom.....but bathrooms are only a short walk away. But, yes, you do expect them in there and so do most folks according to staff.

Have a great Saturday....………….

Disney does the same thing in epcot with DVC members, no ‘loo as you’d say :). JMHO it encourages folks not to get too comfy & overstay their visit.

Used to enjoy the fresh smell from hanging out the laundry until it was pointed out to me that the allergens that plague my family enjoy permeating the clothes. Now i buy bounce dryer sheets and fake it lol.

Good morning. I wanted to sleep in a bit today, but the cat had other plans. Not sure what I will do today. Dh is off to watch a spring practice football game. B was supposed to have a music recital today but it was cancelled. It was originally going to be the 16th, but her music teacher got the flu. She rescheduled the concert for today, but now has pneumonia. B is really worried about her. Hopefully she will be better and back to teaching soon.

Maybe I phrased it wrong. I needed to recharge it :sad1:
Good to know that it isn’t dead, dead. Dh sent me an email the other day about new iPads. I can’t really justify getting a new one until this one dies though.

Hope all have a good night sleep
.....and
Talking to Youse charade lol
Sadly, no. I kept dozing and waking through the night and then the cat decided I needed to get up. He’s now sleeping on the back of the sofa.

We still have plenty of snow covering our yard, and it looks like it will be the middle of April before “ice out” on the lake out front.

I live in “Vacationland”.

I know someone from Maine who loves snow. She’s always disappointed that we don’t get as much here. (Central VA)

Burst of warner weather for one day. Then 50’s, low 50’s starts again tomorrow. We had some rain last afternoon that ended later in the evening. Hope none today.
Sounds similar to the weather we will have this week. I think we are supposed to get some rain tomorrow.

Used to enjoy the fresh smell from hanging out the laundry until it was pointed out to me that the allergens that plague my family enjoy permeating the clothes. Now i buy bounce dryer sheets and fake it lol.
Hmmm....I never thought about that before. I’ve never actually hung clothes outside to dry. I would probably forget about them until it rained.

I should probably get up and get started on the day. I’m already thinking about lunch. There’s a new hibachi place that just opened that we might try.

Well hello neighbor! You must still have snow and frozen lakes too. Enjoy summer.
Around here Spring is on a Wednesday this year, and Summer is two weeks of poor sledding!
Nope! I’m on the west coast! Otherwise known as Lotus Land lol. About 3 hr drive north of Seattle. No frozen lakes here except in the mountains. We did get some snow late winter.

Ha, had to look up vacationland too. From a book that rants about Maine lakes, so yep, Ensusie, figured Maine, and you are North of me, and we are in the same time zone. So nice to have another East Coast homie. I live about 2 hours drive from the shore, and my City has two large rivers around it. Always have to cross the river to get to the shore. . . Snow? Um that is not in my vocabulary, at least I hope for not other almost year. Rain so far, but I have lived here most of my life, and we do get snow in April, though not recently.

Yeah, I have a DH that is also an early bird. Woke me up at 5 when he decided to get up. He is noisy, so I was up too. Kids are very good sleepers, so they did not wake up when he left, or me making tea
Yay, you have another to commiserate with about the weather, lol. I’m feeling so alone, where’s the west coast representation? Lol!
Your DH wakes up far to early :faint:

Who is cooking bacon this morning?
I’m hungry
Meeeee! But it’s probably lunch time for you with time change. 9:15 here, just finishing up my cup of coffee!
Morning all. Felt like i hit the jackpot when digging for steaks in freezer for tomorrow & half a leftover turkey breast popped up and said ‘hello :banana: A couple of side dishes and i’m Home free, whee.

Errands i didn’t get done yesterday since i was on bit of a spring cleaning jag. Only one room partially done, bet at least I made a dent in that shore.
Ugh, I need to do a spring cleaning, been putting it off.

Good morning. I wanted to sleep in a bit today, but the cat had other plans.

Good to know that it isn’t dead, dead. Dh sent me an email the other day about new iPads. I can’t really justify getting a new one until this one dies though.

Sadly, no. I kept dozing and waking through the night and then the cat decided I needed to get up. He’s now sleeping on the back of the sofa.

Hmmm....I never thought about that before. I’ve never actually hung clothes outside to dry. I would probably forget about them until it rained..
Cats always have their own plans lol! Mine did. But would wake daughter up ha! She’s the one who fed in AM the wet food. We used to feed wet food in AM, then always had bowl of dry food out all day. When cats decided it’s breakfast time one would start walking over her in bed till she got up!

I bought a new iPad last year while I was still working to get school discount from Apple. Only $50, but still... I used that as my justification and the fact that old one wouldn’t update anymore, and some apps stopped working.
I have been known to forget about bringing in laundry :laundy:but never thought about the pollen!

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day here clear blue sunny skies, high of 63. I’ll take it. Cherry blossoms are out! My Wisteria should be blooming in a few weeks. They are beautiful but when blooms start dropping the patio is a mess, and blooms get tracked into house.
The weather patterns sure are shifting. Our late winter, now driest March. Usually March here is very wet. Summers are too dry and hot. The past few years forest fires were horrendous.
Have a mani appt at noon, then I’ll run to nearby store to pick up icecream to go with brownies for dessert tonight. Brother-in-law coming for dinner. Roast, potatoes, carrots with maple glaze, salad.

Pink’s for lunch. Yum! Scored in shopping. I think I got as much as kids. Spring is on our minds, so lots of bags to the good will and church resale shop. That is tomorrow’s errand. Well, that and food run. Thinking steak on grill tonight. Hope DH gets home. Dad cook is appreciated, though it is mom quality control, prep and clean up. Side maker too. Hey, any chance not standin next to hot grill is fine with me.

No bacon frying here in vacationland this morning.......Because..... drum roll please......the town ice cream shop opened today for the season! Skipped breakfast of course. It was only 34 degrees outside but folks were lined up wanting to be first at the window.
We didn’t have to worry about our ice cream cones melting, so that’s always a plus!

The new hibachi place was good. We will be back. Came home and got some shorts out of storage in preparation for the upcoming trip. I should do something productive today, but I’m feeling lazy. The cat is sleeping. Maybe I’ll vacuum. :cat:

mac.....bacon was grilled here this morning.....the good stuff.....was lush!!

Janet....love when food comes together as easy as that! Sounds lovely......and no......definitely no to a dog, no matter how cute.......friend sent me pics today on my phone.......deleted them immediately! I’m finding my tough side......lol......
Yes, sometimes when I leave laundry I’ve brought in to iron for a couple of hours....I sometimes sneeze when unfolding it, I can feel pollen has been setting on it.......but still love hanging it out regardless........

Charade....glad the hibachi place was good.......

Sue...think your quotes have been mixed up.....my name is on one of Lynne’s quotes......I wondered when I read my doh was up at 5am......eh, yeah that’s not Tom.....lol.......

Lynne.....we had steaks tonight too......fillet for Kyle and I and Tom had a T Bone........lovely.......made some strawberry and lime ice cream.....sounds odd but it was lovely! Yes, feeling much better about family members now.....stressful time......yes the AP lounge isn’t great, but I guess it’ll have it’s visitors......wouldn’t rush back.

Ensus.......nice on the ice cream store opening up........I love seasonal places...we have a couple of fish restaurants here that open up from end of March till end of October.......love them!

Had a lovely day, nice and quiet........and got a lovely bouquet of flowers sent from my friends son and family that stayed here while we were away.......just to say thank you.......bless......they are beautiful. They had left before we got back and Kyle said he didn’t see much of them anyway.......they’re back in the UAE now.......

Our clocks go forward tonight.......losing another hour! We were in Orlando when their clocks went forward.....

Quiet night ahead........had steaks for dinner and now will find a movie to watch later.......

Think pattyw needs a shorter work week so she can vacation more

I'm working on it!! But only 13 more days until Ft. Lauderdale and our 1st cruise!!:cool1:

No need.....because I live in “Vacationland”.

Yay LOVE Maine!!:love:

I love hanging out the wash in the summer- never thought about the allergens!

Good morning. I wanted to sleep in a bit today, but the cat had other plans.

The cat rules!!:laughing:

Ugh, I need to do a spring cleaning, been putting it off.

Yep- I have so much spring cleanup, outside and inside!

Thinking steak on grill tonight

Yum!!

Quiet night ahead........had steaks for dinner and now will find a movie to watch later.......

Sounds great- enjoy!!

Quiet lazy day here!! Still cat sitting for my sister. Her cat did well with his IV fluids- needs some again tonight. Yay that Joe can do it. I'm the IV bag holder! Then we'll take my mom out to dinner. Later, a Kohl's run!! We have a 30% coupon and need some new things for our cruise!

Have a great night all!!

1eup7p.jpg

I'm working on it!! But only 13 more days until Ft. Lauderdale and our 1st cruise!!:cool1:

Yay LOVE Maine!!:love:

I love hanging out the wash in the summer- never thought about the allergens!

The cat rules!!:laughing:

Yep- I have so much spring cleanup, outside and inside!

Yum!!

Sounds great- enjoy!!

Quiet lazy day here!! Still cat sitting for my sister. Her cat did well with his IV fluids- needs some again tonight. Yay that Joe can do it. I'm the IV bag holder! Then we'll take my mom out to dinner. Later, a Kohl's run!! We have a 30% coupon and need some new things for our cruise!

Have a great night all!!

1eup7p.jpg

Ahem, you don’t just drop the mike and say you are going on a cruise! :jumping2:We need all the gory details

Pattyw cruise? What cruise! :sail: Dang! So close, we fly into Ft Lauderdale 4/23! Will be around till 29th when we drive up to Universal.

Lynne beautiful flower! I need to plant some spring flowers, crocus and daffs. I have snowdrops, just finished bloom. :daisy:

Lovely flower Lynne.......

Our daffs had come out when we got back Sunday......and last few days all the fruit trees are beginning to flower.....especially the plum trees......gorgeous looking at them all down there....and a few early spring flowers are beginning to come through......have no clue what they are, I didn’t plant them....just know they’re pretty.....

Almost bedtime here.....started watching a show we missed over the last few years....The Following with the lovely Kevin Bacon.......it’s good........not sure why we missed it before.....

And we have rain.........hope it’s off by tomorrow........

Off to change the watches, microwave and oven clock that don’t change automatically......hate losing an hour......don’t mind gaining an hour in winter though......::yes::

Yep, Schumi, we did that time change a few weeks ago. Still getting used to the sun setting an hour later. Dark morning commute still, though.

Ice cream and water ice mid afternoon made dinner late. Little one wanted to walk around mall, so off we go.

Cruise, ooh Patty. Sounds wonderful. How many nights?

Schumi never realized you have a different date to change clocks. Every time we change I have to look up the directions for our (Bosch) stove. I can never remember how to set the AM or PM.
Still loving our dishwasher! Best one ever. I thought my old one was good, it was a touch quieter, but can’t beat the cleaning power of new Bosch. Out cleans any we’ve had before!

mac.....bacon was grilled here this morning.....the good stuff

Sue...think your quotes have been mixed up.....my name is on one of Lynne’s quotes......I wondered when I read my doh was up at 5am......eh, yeah that’s not Tom.....lol.......

Had a lovely day, nice and quiet........and got a lovely bouquet of flowers sent from my friends son and family that stayed here while we were away.......just to say thank you.......bless......they are beautiful. They had left before we got back and Kyle said he didn’t see much of them anyway.......they’re back in the UAE now.......

Our clocks go forward tonight.......losing another hour! We were in Orlando when their clocks went forward.....

:coffee: You’re correct! Wonder how that happened! Must not have had enough coffee!
Is there any other kind of bacon? Always the good stuff! And always some tucked away in the freezer, in case of the Zombie apocalypse lol!
Very nice thank you I’m sure the flowers are lovely from your friends.

Countdown 3 weeks :rolleyes1 I wonder if the ocean is warm enough to swim in! I usually go in Aug and it’s plenty warm. I used to go in January too, and couldn’t pay be to get in the water, brrr. 6 days in Deerfield before Universal.

Yep, Schumi, we did that time change a few weeks ago. Still getting used to the sun setting an hour later. Dark morning commute still, though.

Ice cream and water ice mid afternoon made dinner late. Little one wanted to walk around mall, so off we go.

Cruise, ooh Patty. Sounds wonderful. How many nights?

Yep, it was our first night there it changed.....we didn’t know but the manager of StrongWater Bar told us while chatting otherwise we wouldn’t have had any idea.......:D

Schumi never realized you have a different date to change clocks. Every time we change I have to look up the directions for our (Bosch) stove. I can never remember how to set the AM or PM.
Still loving our dishwasher! Best one ever. I thought my old one was good, it was a touch quieter, but can’t beat the cleaning power of new Bosch. Out cleans any we’ve had before!

Yes, we have a few different dates......like Mother’s Days are different but both our Father’s Days are the same and our time changes are usually just a week apart.....this time 3 weeks.....

Yes, we like this new one too.....quieter than the other one we had but we do like the drawer for cutlery instead of the basket. Glad we spent the extra for this one too.

:coffee: You’re correct! Wonder how that happened! Must not have had enough coffee!
Is there any other kind of bacon? Always the good stuff! And always some tucked away in the freezer, in case of the Zombie apocalypse lol!
Very nice thank you I’m sure the flowers are lovely from your friends.

Thought I’d quoted this above???

Well, supermarket bacon is bog standard mass produced stuff......and injected with lots of water to bulk it out. When we buy our bacon it’s direct from a farm or from local producers who don’t fill it full of stuff......much tastier and better quality. And although it’s much more expensive, you tend to not need as much somehow....love it!!

I keep ours in the freezer too as we buy a lot at the one time and portion it out.......I do occasionally have the store bought stuff if we have a large breakfast gathering......but much prefer the good stuff.

Yes, flowers are beautiful.......:)

Countdown 3 weeks :rolleyes1 I wonder if the ocean is warm enough to swim in! I usually go in Aug and it’s plenty warm. I used to go in January too, and couldn’t pay be to get in the water, brrr. 6 days in Deerfield before Universal.

3 weeks!!! It`ll be here before you know it...….

It should be warm by then I`d imagine...…I hope so anyway!!!

I`m a wimp with water....even on our March trip we didn't go into the pool at night as we usually do, it was too cold for me.....78F.....yep, still too cold...….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter