Something About Nothing ... #12

Good Sunday morning.......

And what a beautiful day!!!!

Had a lovely Mother`s Day card and a beautiful gift.....then went grocery shopping!!! Lovely.....but, lunch is an indoor picnic today, all ready made store bought stuff, but nice.....and dinner is takeout......sounds good to me!!!

Don`t want to cook on Mother`s Day...…..

Bahrain F1 Grand Prix later today too......have a great Sunday everyone....

611E25C2-141C-4F14-B177-2C9AD2F1E6DA.jpeg 4A2570E0-DBD9-4A29-8C53-70B5813044A7.jpeg

Happy Mother’s Day, Schumi. Nope, should not have to cook today, and glad the weather is beautiful. Enjoy watching the race. Yeah, even more annoying, some of our states do not clock change. Seems before the federal law was passed, states could opt out. My state did not. Grrr, I too enjoy that fall extra hour of sleep, but loosing one, not a fan.

No alarm needed on the weekends. Woke up at 4, could not go back to sleep , so made some tea, and put another load of wash in. Love this quiet house when I need not to rush, nor mom alarm sound for several more hours.

Super sized Sunday to all the homies. Happy Mother’s Day to Schumi, and all our other mums homies that are enjoying this Mother’s Day too.

Beep, wash is done, gotta go.

3 weeks!!! It`ll be here before you know it...….

It should be warm by then I`d imagine...…I hope so anyway!!!

I`m a wimp with water....even on our March trip we didn't go into the pool at night as we usually do, it was too cold for me.....78F.....yep, still too cold...….
I hear that! I won’t go into pool at night unless it’s August hot! Lol.

Thanks Lynne...….they`re lovely, just about to call my mum and wish her a Happy Mothers Day...…..oh I didn't know all States didn't do the time change.....??? Yes, love a quiet morning...….

Sue, yep, that's me......it`s got to be in the high 80`s at least before I`ll go near the pool at night...…

Picnic in the sitting room was lovely.....I like the fuss today...….:D They got all my favourite lunch items and we even have some left over…….

Will be in all day tomorrow I think......Kyle leaves for Scotland very early, then we have our electrician guy coming to replace all our outside lights and a new security one....hope he`s not here all day, but it`ll be a while anyway. So I have snacks for lunch again.....

Sun is shining and such a beautiful day...…...last day of March...…..

Good Sunday morning.......

And what a beautiful day!!!!

Had a lovely Mother`s Day card and a beautiful gift.....then went grocery shopping!!! Lovely.....but, lunch is an indoor picnic today, all ready made store bought stuff, but nice.....and dinner is takeout......sounds good to me!!!

Don`t want to cook on Mother`s Day...…..

Bahrain F1 Grand Prix later today too......have a great Sunday everyone....
Happy Mother’s Day! Indoor picnic sounds fun.

Mr just power washed patio yesterday, so think I’ll get him to help bring out the outdoor furniture so I can get it cleaned up and and set up! Nice sunny day again.
We get home from Universal the day before Mother’s Day. So going to be a different one for me. Usually I go with my daughters for an overnight (a Saturday) at a hot springs resort a 1.5 hr drive away and home for Sunday dinner. But since we just get back from a Universal, not happening. Will probably have a relaxing day, what ever the girls plan. Then Mr usually makes a BBQ dinner.

Ahem, you don’t just drop the mike and say you are going on a cruise! :jumping2:We need all the gory details

:laughing: We're excited- and a little scared- to take our first cruise!! Our Florida friends convinced us to tag along- they are seasoned cruisers, so we'll be in good hands!! We're on Royal Caribbean Allure- 7 day Western Caribbean cruise 4/14-4/21. We stop in Nassau, Mexico(two stops) and Honduras.

We're looking for any tips from cruise veterans!

And I purchased the internet package- hoping to do a live report on the Royal Caribbean board!

Pattyw cruise? What cruise! :sail: Dang! So close, we fly into Ft Lauderdale 4/23! Will be around till 29th when we drive up to Universal.

Yes- we'll be flying home from Ft. Lauderdale 4/21. So sad we'll miss you! We'll meet up soon though!

Cruise, ooh Patty. Sounds wonderful. How many nights?

7 night Western Caribbean :goodvibes

6 days in Deerfield before Universal.

Love it!:love:

Happy Mother's Day, Schumi!!:flower3:

Busy Sunday- lots of tasks and errands! Hmm.. maybe we'll do some outside spring cleanup on the yard-

Wait. where's the yard!:eek: Somewhere beneath the SNOW that fell overnight!:faint:
thumbnail_IMG_5794.jpg

Sadly, this is no April Fool's trick- it's real!!

Rainy start. Cruise sounds wonderful, Patty. That radar shows green all along the East Coast. Yay, rain for us, no snow. Hope it melts quick, too Patty. We did a quick foot tour in Nassau, was hot and nothing special to see. We walked up to the Fort, walked up the staircase, and was annoyed the little museum at the top of the fort area was a fee, and an expensive one to us, so we just took some pictures outside, view is awesome, then meandered back to the ship jumping in the stores, as they had AC, but bought nothing. Was going to take a taxi over to Atlantis, but we were hot and enjoyed lunch on the ship instead. Think Keisha has done more cruising than me. Kids really really want to cruise again. Heard that ship was nice, so I hope you have a great time.

Sue is certainly in Spring mode, porch furniture starting to be put out. None here yet, though the stores are starting to show outdoor furniture and other stuff. Yeah, and we go below freezing overnight tonight. Sigh. This is Spring.

Pattyw wow, March getting its last licks in!

My one advice on cruising is to get there a day before cruise. And pack what you’ll need for 2 days in carry on, incl nightie, bathing suit, extra or shoes, clothing, etc. Just in case your luggage doesn’t arrive with you. There’s plenty of hotels near the cruise port.

I have a friend who works for Holland America land portion. She has so many horror stories of missed flights or connections due to flight delays and people missing their cruise.
Not long ago we were sitting at the gate and flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems. I was supposed to get into FLL at 5:30 pm, after re routing us, we didn’t get in until 6:00 am. And that was me being insistent after an hour on the phone with agent Who wasn’t finding anything in coach, I told her she better be looking at first class options too.

So close, Miss by 2 days!

Rainy start. Cruise sounds wonderful, Patty. That radar shows green all along the East Coast. Yay, rain for us, no snow. Hope it melts quick, too Patty. We did a quick foot tour in Nassau, was hot and nothing special to see. We walked up to the Fort, walked up the staircase, and was annoyed the little museum at the top of the fort area was a fee, and an expensive one to us, so we just took some pictures outside, view is awesome, then meandered back to the ship jumping in the stores, as they had AC, but bought nothing. Was going to take a taxi over to Atlantis, but we were hot and enjoyed lunch on the ship instead. Think Keisha has done more cruising than me. Kids really really want to cruise again. Heard that ship was nice, so I hope you have a great time.

Sue is certainly in Spring mode, porch furniture starting to be put out. None here yet, though the stores are starting to show outdoor furniture and other stuff. Yeah, and we go below freezing overnight tonight. Sigh. This is Spring.
:flower3:

Lynne- cold temps through tomorrow but by Tuesday it's heading in the 40s to 50 so snow will HOPEFULLY be a thing of the past!!
We were thinking about doing a Nassau excursion to do a bus tour of the area including Atlantis. It's a fairly cheap excursion on an air conditioned bus!:thumbsup2 They had me interested at air conditioned!:laughing:

Sue- we'll fly into Ft. Lauderdale Friday afternoon and spend a couple of days with Kyle. The cruise leaves Sunday morning out of Miami. Yes- don't want to sweat airline issues. Hopefully the two day buffer is enough! We are going back down to Ft Lauderdale in June to help Kyle and Erin move into a different apartment. Deerfield Beach is definitely on our to do list!!:)

That looks cold Patty.......time for Spring!! Cruise stop offs sounds nice......Tom would consider doing one, but not for me......I saw Poseidon Adventure when I was a kid.......put me off ever going on a ship!!! Tom wants to cross the Atlantic one way to America and fly home......told him I’ll meet him there........lol......hope it warms up for you soon.....

Chinese was lovely......had Peking duck and the pancakes, followed by an assortment of dishes......all lovely!!!

Kyle got me a lovely couple of gifts to open this morning and then later gave me another....it’s a night away in a beautiful, supposedly haunted hotels a little away from us........it’s stunning! I never expected that.......we might keep that for the winter when it’ll really be spooky!!

Quiet night ahead again.......really need to get our social life back on track.......had friends complain they haven’t seen us for ages......well, we’ve been away!!!!

Gotta love em........

That looks cold Patty.......time for Spring!! Cruise stop offs sounds nice......Tom would consider doing one, but not for me......I saw Poseidon Adventure when I was a kid...

:laughing: Yep- saw Poseidon Adventure! I have many fears about this cruise! and I'm not a good swimmer like Shelly Winters! Does Amazon sell personal life rafts??:rotfl:

:wave2:Robo- hope you're enjoying sun and warmth today!:)

Snow is still gently falling! I'm ready to get out the Christmas decor and sing carols! :confused3 On the bright side, I've done a lot of online shopping today!:rolleyes1 Amazon, Keurig.... and more to go!

Afternoon all!
Lazy day after busy day yesterday and friday-ran all day friday on getting stuff set up for event on Saturday, then from 9-~7:30 Saturday with rest of set up, event and tear down, clean up and returning stuff to various storage units. Another Cajun Cookoff in the books. Preliminary numbers ~$15K in profit. Was cold and wet start to yesterday (swear I saw snow flurries when I peeked outside mid morning). Was in the 70's Friday with temps falling. Back to sunny and warmer days this week.

Baby chicks getting big and sassy. One jumped out of brooder this am when cover not put back in place properly-sitting drinking my coffee in recliner right in front of the tub and suddenly see feathery fuzzy little head bob on by! She's a devil to catch too! So put the sheet down so they could run around a bit-and they promptly jump up on DH and settle down for naps-they always go to person who wants them the least (like cats lol).

Happy Mother's Day to Schumi!! And another short countdown for you until you return to Orlando?

No bacon frying here in vacationland this morning.......Because..... drum roll please......the town ice cream shop opened today for the season! Skipped breakfast of course. It was only 34 degrees outside but folks were lined up wanting to be first at the window.
We didn’t have to worry about our ice cream cones melting, so that’s always a plus!
Welcome! We have a pineapple whip truck that opens for a "whipsolstice" in middle of winter (he's seasonal for the summer). First year he did it was only open for a day and long lines all day, now he opens for several days-and still long lines every day lol!

:laughing: We're excited- and a little scared- to take our first cruise!! Our Florida friends convinced us to tag along- they are seasoned cruisers, so we'll be in good hands!! We're on Royal Caribbean Allure- 7 day Western Caribbean cruise 4/14-4/21. We stop in Nassau, Mexico(two stops) and Honduras.

We're looking for any tips from cruise veterans!

And I purchased the internet package- hoping to do a live report on the Royal Caribbean board!
OOH have fun!! The Allure looks like a good ship. I'd like to try a mega ship someday. Our past cruise and upcoming one are on smaller ships. Watch the bar bill-adds up fast. I get the Cheers package on Carnival-saves us money as I do drink the specialty coffees as well. And this way as I am relaxing in adults only area I don't have to worry about what drink I want as I doze listening to the ocean...Are you stopping in Cozumel? What kind of cabin? Our first cruise was in a balcony room, and of course can't do anything else now :P We had a premium internet package last fall, but upcoming I am doing the minimum that will allow social media (and let family contact us that way if needed) and to check in for our flight home.
Our cruise isn't til June. Will be doing a quick stop at Universal for a couple days prior. cruising out of Miami though.
Have booked DH and middle kid a 2 tank dive when we are in Grand Cayman-now they just need (re)certification (re for DH and open water cert for middle kid). Already have our tour in a classic car booked for Havana.

My one advice on cruising is to get there a day before cruise. And pack what you’ll need for 2 days in carry on, incl nightie, bathing suit, extra or shoes, clothing, etc. Just in case your luggage doesn’t arrive with you. There’s plenty of hotels near the cruise port.
And if RCL allows carry on wine do it!

Hi to all the other peeps!! Hope spring stays around for all of us soon!!

Monykalyn: I like the sound of the pineapple Whipsoltice truck in the middle of winter. Is it just like Dolewhip?

Monykalyn lol! Too funny. More baby chick pics needed!

Good call in bringing onboard some wine. I haven’t done any cruising in a long time. Back then Princess allowed you to bring on alcohol. So I bought on a vodka and some juice to mix it with in individual cans. We had happy hour in our cabin while getting ready for dinner.

Pattyw going to the Caribbean I’d bring back some good rum!

So put the sheet down so they could run around a bit-and they promptly jump up on DH and settle down for naps-they always go to person who wants them the least (like cats lol).

:laughing:So true!!

OOH have fun!! The Allure looks like a good ship. I'd like to try a mega ship someday. Our past cruise and upcoming one are on smaller ships. Watch the bar bill-adds up fast. I get the Cheers package on Carnival-saves us money as I do drink the specialty coffees as well. And this way as I am relaxing in adults only area I don't have to worry about what drink I want as I doze listening to the ocean...Are you stopping in Cozumel? What kind of cabin? Our first cruise was in a balcony room, and of course can't do anything else now :P We had a premium internet package last fall, but upcoming I am doing the minimum that will allow social media (and let family contact us that way if needed) and to check in for our flight home.
Our cruise isn't til June. Will be doing a quick stop at Universal for a couple days prior. cruising out of Miami though.
Have booked DH and middle kid a 2 tank dive when we are in Grand Cayman-now they just need (re)certification (re for DH and open water cert for middle kid). Already have our tour in a classic car booked for Havana.

We bought the deluxe beverage package! :cheer2: We have an ocean view balcony room- I'm a little (a lot) scared to sit on a balcony that drops to the ocean!! Our stops are Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan Honduras, and Costa Maya. Not sure we're going to do much on excursions. Joe and I aren't great swimmers, snorkelers, or adventuresome for zip lining and such! (Can you say boring old people!) There are so many onboard activities and shows, restaurants, bars & spa I think we want to kick back and enjoy all of that and spend time with our friends- also non -adventurous old people! :laughing:
Yours is a Cuba cruise, right? Ooh- classic cars in Havana!! Joe would love that!! :)

More baby chick pics needed!

Yes!:thumbsup2

Pattyw going to the Caribbean I’d bring back some good rum!

Absolutely!! We will leave the ship to shop!!:goodvibes Joe is bringing an extra suitcase for booze!!:rolleyes1

Still snowing! Ugh! :cold: But all this cruise and Caribbean talk has warmed me up!:goodvibes

Happy Sunday and I am back in less time than normal :D... It is rainy here too today. I will take the rain over snow. It was a busy day yesterday out all day running errands and having some fun. We went shoe shopping and found Liv shoes and a purse for her prom dress.:woohoo:. Now all we have to do is have alterations and cleaning it.

Did some housework have to head off in a bit to bring Liv some food. I told her to grab something for work and she said "no I will be fine":sad2:. I knew she wouldn't. I am going to do a Taco Bell run for her. I have chili in the crock pot for later tonight.

Finally caught up on the walking dead so ready for tonight's episode, hopefully no more surprises. :teeth:

I will have Liv this week take a pic with the dress on and show it to you guys. Thanks for all the compliments on it. I told her I posted it here and told her everyone thought it was pretty. She said a lot of the girls at her school are buying more sexy types. Liv is a natural, conservative dresser. I am glad for that:thumbsup2. Her dress is perfect for her.

Schumi Happy Mother's Day:goodvibes...I didn't realize that the day was different. It sounds like you had a wonderful day and great gifts. Charlie would like that haunted hotel excursion, he loves that stuff. It sounds like a nice little get away. I am sure your seasonal fish places are amazing :cloud9:.

Patty :cool1: for another trip!! I did a cruise twice, just 4 days though. The first one was great and really enjoyed it. The second one we had bad weather and got :sick:. I think cruises are great and one day we will go when it is just the two of us. I don't think Liv would enjoy it. My biggest thing is to have some type of sea sick medicine just in case. If you have an opportunity for a window for fresh air that is great. Believe it or not if you get sea sick drink warm flat coke. It really helps. Your stops sound great. Look forward to a live report. Hope your snow goes away quick:thumbsup2

Sue getting the patio furniture ready when it was getting warm was always a good feeling. These days we don't put furniture out in back. I don't like my new neighbors so don't sit out there. We moved it to the front we have a big porch. We will clean it up in a week or two. :banana: a count down for your trip too. It sounds like it will be fun and it is a nice time to go. I am with you though I can only swim in the warm weather. Hope your mani and dinner were great last night:)

Ensusieasm I am in central CT so we kind of get a weird weather pattern here. I have been here my whole life but next year is hopefully the one we move down south to Florida. We have been to Maine several times for vacation, beautiful place but the winter is too long for me. I am a long summer girl. Our seasonal ice cream place just open and that is always a sure sign spring has sprung. Glad you joined us.:D You will see lots of kitty memes and stories.

Charade LOL we have some that like the vacuum and some that don't. The trip is coming up :woohoo:I love when I have to break out the summer clothes for vacation. I hope B's teacher gets better soon.

Robo :wave2: hope you are doing well

Mac I hope the kitties let you sleep more:goodvibes

Keishadow I love when I find a treasure like that in the freezer. It is one of my favorites. You got more than me done spring cleaning. I had such motivation this morning then fizzled out. I miss hanging my laundry no luck to put a line here plus neighbors like to build smelly fires. I hope your turkey dinner came out good.:thumbsup2

Lynne I love the pic of your daffodil. We have a park down the street that has a daffodil festival and plants hundreds of them in the park. It is so pretty. We use to go to the festival and march when Liv was in middle school. Now it is too expensive to spend a day there. Oh I love a cup of tea in the morning. I hope you got some things done before the mom alarm:goodvibes

Monykalyn Congrats on the fundraiser. It sounds like a delicious one. Oh I love hearing the chick antics, they sound so cute. I am glad they are bringing happiness into your home. Your Universal and cruise trip sounds awesome!

:wave2: to anybody I missed. I hope everyone has a great night:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter