Something About Nothing ... #12

Charade- my reply to you got cut. But my Californian friend was in her mall at same time as me. Her mall also has a Uniqlo so we were texting back and forth and both got minions tee! She’s joining my dd and I at Universal! Getting ready!

Daughter & I had nice day and got some things. She had to return bra she bought last week. Ripped! VS had 30% off do I ended up getting one too.
Bought some skincare stuff at The Ordinary shop and we went to Chipotle for lunch.

How does this work? Ummm....
my cat has her own room already, so do I qualify? I like balconies overlooking the sea too!

:welcome:

Of course you qualify glad you want to check in:D. Oh I do agree with you any view of the ocean is beautiful:cloud9:. I have more cats than I have rooms:rotfl:... I hope you enjoy posting with us!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the dress and Liv. Yes it looked like an older simpler style to me too. It is Satin, (that was big when I went to prom :scared1:) We got so lucky at the consignment shop for $40.00.

I have to run Liv to work quickly then run an errand. Will pop back on after!:thumbsup2

Oh, yellow labs are the best! And they look like little butterballs as pups. We had 2 of them at different times. Our first was a male. A few months after he died at 14, I passed by a student in the parking lot on my way to my car. He was walking his lab. Of course I had to stop and pet the dog! I told him I missed mine. He utters the fatal words- a family friend breeds them and they are looking for a home for a 2 yr old female. Ohno! I gave him my number to pass along. Didn’t hear anything for a couple of months so forgot about it. Then I get the call. Are you still interested? Um sure I’ll come over to take a look. They are on a farm, maybe 30 min drive. I took one look and that was it! Lol. I’m such a sucker.

Lol.....I hear you!

And that’s exactly the reason I’m keeping Tom away from them.....they’re on a farm too........he will want one and so would I if I’m honest.......but not right now nor in the foreseeable future........:D

We would have one of those puppies home with us before we could blink!

I’m sure you don’t regret getting the puppy now though.......:)

my cat has her own room already, so do I qualify? I like balconies overlooking the sea too!

Welcome along........nice to see you here.......

Of course you qualify glad you want to check in:D. Oh I do agree with you any view of the ocean is beautiful:cloud9:. I have more cats than I have rooms:rotfl:... I hope you enjoy posting with us!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the dress and Liv. Yes it looked like an older simpler style to me too. It is Satin, (that was big when I went to prom :scared1:) We got so lucky at the consignment shop for $40.00.

I have to run Liv to work quickly then run an errand. Will pop back on after!:thumbsup2

I still love satin........I have two lovely proper evening dresses for “posh” nights out and charity ball type events.....they are satin and I love them........although haven’t actually gone to the last three balls as we’ve been in Florida and missed them......lol......but Liv’s dress is so pretty.......she’ll look beautiful......

My hair dryer died on me this morning........luckily I had almost finished drying mine.......I have a million pairs of straighteners but one hair dryer!! Nipped out to nearest store and picked one up......it’s purple.....well, plum colour. Of course. I like Babyliss so got another one of those.

Our boy is back home and happy to see him........not that he was gone for long of course.......we enjoyed our takeout pizza.....

Lazy night tonight......been quite a week......

my cat has her own room already, so do I qualify?

Hi!! Nice to meet you!:) Cat mom to many here!:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

I have more cats than I have rooms:rotfl:... I hope you enjoy posting with us!

I'm almost there, too! :)

Our boy is back home and happy to see him........not that he was gone for long of course.......we enjoyed our takeout pizza.....

Lazy night tonight......been quite a week......

Family time is THE BEST! you deserve a nice quiet night!:)

Took a nap! How nice! Off to Chinese with Joe and Troy!
I'm so envious of my other boy- Kyle is just arriving at the Hard Rock hotel with Erin and her parents for the weekend! :cool1:And- proud mama here- I taught him well! He handled all the plans(with a little help from me!) :)

Have a great night all!!

:crazy2: Oh know, iPad died and all my post was wiped out, ugh. I think I can retrieve on phone, maybe. If not I apologize in advance if I get it all messed up lol.
Oh no. Time to go Apple shopping. My iPad is a little over 5 years old. I wonder how much longer it will last.

Yesterday I was in Uniqlo and bought a Minions tee!
I have never heard of that store. Perhaps a regional thing?

Welcome! Just jump in and start posting. I am mom to one very ornery cat.

My hair dryer died on me this morning....
I can’t remember when I last used a hair dryer. My hair has become curly as I get older, so I just wash it, put in some mousse, scrunch it, and go.

DH’s family drama is getting more and more interesting. I may have mentioned that several months ago he was contacted by a young woman (I’ll call her Katie) who matched with him as a possible cousin. She had been adopted and was looking for information on her birth parents. I suspected that she might be a niece instead of a cousin. Well, it turns out that the guy who recently contacted dh (I’ll call him Sam)and thinks he and dh are half brothers is Katie’s biological father. During the time between Katie contacting dh and Sam contacting dh Sam’s other kids had matched with Katie and contacted her. So if you are keeping up with this - Sam’s father quite possibly fathered a child (my dh) who was placed for adoption in South Carolina. Sam also fathered a child (Katie) who was placed for adoption in Nebraska. Dh and Katie have connected through facebook. Katie is now living the the Los Angeles area. We might do a meet up when we are there this summer if she is agreeable to it. DH hasn’t asked Sam yet if he wants to do further DNA testing to see if they really are brothers. I’m really curious to see how this all plays out.

6 degrees of separation Charade. Wow, what an interesting story of your DH possible family relatives.

Relaxing day, then shopping with both kids. Yeah, and I got the least amount, 1. Great sales and older one even found some he would wear. I make them come with me, as stuff needs to be tried on, and yes, I will wear it.

Steak and baked taters, with green beans. Did dessert first, as on way home, donut shop stop.

Welcome to Ensusie, I love cats but have a family member with a severe allergic reaction to cat sander. So, dogs are okay, and love dogs too. Big dogs. Labs are our favorite.

8B9A0936-0052-4592-BF62-BCF2766099C8.jpeg

Yes it has. The weekend is coming soon.

So have a fun filled, wild

Friday night.

9D81AC98-5F26-4D8A-882E-DC09FC3906BC.jpeg

Yep. :D

Oh nooooos
Maybe I phrased it wrong. I needed to recharge it :sad1:

Welcome!

We need a photo of Liv with dress on! Yes you sure did luck out!

Lol.....I hear you!

And that’s exactly the reason I’m keeping Tom away from them.....they’re on a farm too........he will want one and so would I if I’m honest.......but not right now nor in the foreseeable future........:D

We would have one of those puppies home with us before we could blink!

I’m sure you don’t regret getting the puppy now though.......:)
Def no regrets. They are the best. We’ve downsized though. Now have a Yorkie-poo Cross. He’s a sweet boy. And my rescue black cocker spaniel. Cause I am a sucker lol. A friend worked in an emergency after hours vet clinic and this dog was brought in, for emergency. Stomach obstruction. Told vet to put her down cause they didn’t want to pay a bill for the surgery. Pup was only 5 mos old. Vet had him sign dog over to her and did the surgery. Then after pup was recovered they were looking for a home. Friend comes over with Sophie and says, Sophie needs a home. I’m sure I have sucker flashing in neon lights across my forehead.

Oh no. Time to go Apple shopping. My iPad is a little over 5 years old. I wonder how much longer it will last.

I have never heard of that store. Perhaps a regional thing?

Welcome! Just jump in and start posting. I am mom to one very ornery cat.

I can’t remember when I last used a hair dryer. My hair has become curly as I get older, so I just wash it, put in some mousse, scrunch it, and go.

DH’s family drama is getting more and more interesting. I may have mentioned that several months ago he was contacted by a young woman (I’ll call her Katie) who matched with him as a possible cousin. She had been adopted and was looking for information on her birth parents. I suspected that she might be a niece instead of a cousin. Well, it turns out that the guy who recently contacted dh (I’ll call him Sam)and thinks he and dh are half brothers is Katie’s biological father. During the time between Katie contacting dh and Sam contacting dh Sam’s other kids had matched with Katie and contacted her. So if you are keeping up with this - Sam’s father quite possibly fathered a child (my dh) who was placed for adoption in South Carolina. Sam also fathered a child (Katie) who was placed for adoption in Nebraska. Dh and Katie have connected through facebook. Katie is now living the the Los Angeles area. We might do a meet up when we are there this summer if she is agreeable to it. DH hasn’t asked Sam yet if he wants to do further DNA testing to see if they really are brothers. I’m really curious to see how this all plays out.
My bad! I meant to say iPad died because I didn’t recharge it, lol. Oops.
Uniqlo is an Asian clothing store but is in the US and recently Canada. There’s one in Disney Springs! I know my friend has one in her mall in California. And I have one here. Not sure of all locations.
They have Disney designs, and Minions. Starwars, when we went to DL during May the 4th we picked up A Starwars tee. Lol! They are good quality cotton. While there I saw some sleeveless tee dresses I may go back to try on. Good for casual running around, and maybe Universal.

Wow, the plot thickens!

I’m behind in making comments to all the homies posts last few days

I’ll be a better homie this weekend

Do want
To say I hope a Schumi’s mum
and brother in law are coming le and have a complete speedy recovery

Hope Bobbie still loves cats after tending to hers and her friends cats for her

Hope you have the Genie litter container
We have 3 in our house so no one has to wear a clothes pin on their nose

Think pattyw needs a shorter work week so she can vacation more

Need to find Sue post on what she has to recharge

It sucks big time
That Idon’t l dont what the heck she is talking about

I need
To read back

Once I get my iMac fixed I can be here more often

Writing or moderating threads by use of an iPhone is not easy for me

Hope all have a good night sleep
.....and
Talking to Youse charade lol

Thank you for all your welcoming words!
Well....let’s see.....something about nothing....
We still have plenty of snow covering our yard, and it looks like it will be the middle of April before “ice out” on the lake out front. Ice out is the day the ice on a lake melts to open water. This is something that is fairly sudden. The loons return to the lake on the very same day the ice goes out. They have spent the winter nearby in the Atlantic. Two vacations at Disney World this winter have given me a total of 23 days away from this ice and snow. But now I’m where I want to be. Waiting for the ice to melt. No more vacations for me ‘till December. No need.....because I live in “Vacationland”.

I’m behind in making comments to all the homies posts last few days

I’ll be a better homie this weekend

Do want
To say I hope a Schumi’s mum
and brother in law are comfortable and have a complete speedy recovery

Hope Bobbie still loves cats after tending to hers and her friends cats for her

Hope you have the Gemie litter container
We have 3 in our house so no one has to wear a clothes pin on their nose

Think pattyw needs a shorter work week so she can vacation more

Need to find Sue post on what she has to recharge

It sucks big time
That Idon’t l dont what the heck she is talking about

I need
To read back

Once I j get my iMac fixed I can be here more often

Writing or moderating threads by use of an iPhone is not easy for me

Hope all have a good night sleep
.....and
Talking to Youse charade lol
It was my iPad!

Thank you for all your welcoming words!
Well....let’s see.....something about nothing....
We still have plenty of snow covering our yard, and it looks like it will be the middle of April before “ice out” on the lake out front. Ice out is the day the ice on a lake melts to open water. This is something that is fairly sudden. The loons return to the lake on the very same day the ice goes out. They have spent the winter nearby in the Atlantic. Two vacations at Disney World this winter have given me a total of 23 days away from this ice and snow. But now I’m where I want to be. Waiting for the ice to melt. No more vacations for me ‘till December. No need.....because I live in “Vacationland”.
Where is vacationland!

I wondered, since I’m not familiar with all the US plates. I’m in Canada.
Well hello neighbor! You must still have snow and frozen lakes too. Enjoy summer.
Around here Spring is on a Wednesday this year, and Summer is two weeks of poor sledding!

Happy Saturday all...…..:D

We have another beautiful sunny day here today......so, all DS laundry from his week working in Scotland will get washed, hung out and dried, ironed and put away today...….he`s so enjoying it!!

Getting back to normal and can`t believe it`s been a week since we left Orlando!! Can`t wait to get back....under 40 days now!!!

Did you guys see the UOAP lounge is staying open till the end of the year now? It`s not anything spectacular, maybe a place to cool down and charge phones if needed. We just went in to chat to the staff and see how busy it was and there were a few folks in when we went.

Some were annoyed there was no free drinks and no bathroom.....but bathrooms are only a short walk away. But, yes, you do expect them in there and so do most folks according to staff.

Have a great Saturday....………….

Last edited:
Ha, had to look up vacationland too. From a book that rants about Maine lakes, so yep, Ensusie, figured Maine, and you are North of me, and we are in the same time zone. So nice to have another East Coast homie. I live about 2 hours drive from the shore, and my City has two large rivers around it. Always have to cross the river to get to the shore. . . Snow? Um that is not in my vocabulary, at least I hope for not other almost year. Rain so far, but I have lived here most of my life, and we do get snow in April, though not recently.

Good Morning Schumi. You seem happier today. Glad DS is doing well, and your mum and BIL are doing better. Continuing well wishes to them. And yeah, the AP lounge. I was quite annoyed to pay for that coke. The chips, while free, were okay, at least better than the ones in the AMX lounge. Glad to see it open, though as you, only a few people in there. At least the AMX one has a bathroom at its entrance, and while smaller, has free small bottles of water. But what I will say, is AP lounge was brighter and bigger and had more outlets. But yeah, just a basic place, when hot or cold, to drop by. It was nice of them to stay open the rest of the year. And I was more annoyed at no free drinks, than no bathrooms. I rarely use the AMX one.

Yeah, I have a DH that is also an early bird. Woke me up at 5 when he decided to get up. He is noisy, so I was up too. Kids are very good sleepers, so they did not wake up when he left, or me making tea.

Nicer day, with chance of rain. Burst of warner weather for one day. Then 50’s, low 50’s starts again tomorrow. We had some rain last afternoon that ended later in the evening. Hope none today. Day of errands. On my second load of wash, so actually nice to be up early, so get a jump on doing wash.

From a nice and quiet house, with a tea cup in my hand, and the large, family room remote, have a Super Saturday, all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter