• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Yay for Sunshine! :) Have you seen Wicked? It's really good. I liked the book a lot better tho.

Yep, I've already seen Wicked 3 times in NYC and once in London.....but my DH has never seen it. Not quite sure what he'll make of it. One of my all time favourite films ever and yep, I love the show.

Just back in from my Wednesday night out with friend........always nice to pass a few hours eating a nice meal and chatting........no wine as I was driving tonight........may have some now though........:D

I am all over the facility as to investigation and implementations to their protocols/employee education but absolutely stunned this sort of thing can happen in a facility that is said to be #1 in the state and among the best in the country
Oh that is scary! So glad she is OK! Working in Nursing homes and memory care units-in spite of signs/family member education/staff education etc-if your mom is able to carry on a conversation she may-and pure guessing here-may have convinced an unsuspecting visitor to let her out or "hold the door' for her. Some of our patients are quite clever in trying to get out-staff obviously knows the high elopement risk people-but I can see a few of our residents doing this under the right set of circumstances. NOT trying to excuse or downplay the danger or what happened to your mom at all(!)-I just see the how a human institution could have faults...and I know our staff would feel absolutely awful if this happened on their watch. Staff that care for these folks really care on a personal level as well. It is why burnout can be so high. Hopefully this is resolved to your satisfaction that it won't happen again and policies are in place.

Wednesday-off today so made the "all day spaghetti sauce" aka bolognese-makes a huge pot so dinner is served tomorrow too -especially as it turned out only me and the boy are here for dinner. But the tomato sauce was made from the tomatoes I picked this am, the onions and carrots came from the garden as well, I use a combo of ground venison (from the deer my DD got) and local ground beef. Did some grocery shopping-local store had huge sale on cereal (which we are going through like crazy this summer)-$50 worth of cereal-paid $20 after all the discounts/coupons.

Now enjoying a blood orange Italian soda (also found on sale) with splash of vanilla vodka-so good...

Lil Roo story of the day-DH started mowing in area he was scratching for bugs by retaining wall-I was watching at top of deck-startled Lil Roo so bad I called him to come to mama and he nearly flew up the stairs-cuddled him for a while - think he would have taken a longer nap but it was hot on deck even in shade.

Aww, your chickens and roo sound like my neighbor ones MonyK. One in particular loves to be held and cuddled. Jumps right into her arms when called. They are old now, no more eggs, but they still entertain and are treated as pets.

Time for chocolate covered pretzels and a glass of blush wine. Kids are being nasty, as both seem tired. It was not a hot day, but I think the kids they watch were in fine form as it was parent visit day. Pasta and pizza for dinner. And a salad for little one.

Have a good night all.

th
Good Morning homies. Started the day off with a headache. So,
th
. Yeah, it's going to be one of those days. Another gray start, and more rain, with severe thunderstorms once again coming to visit. My sunglasses need sun. LOL Drugs and tea with poundcake. Yep, another lovely breakfast.

th
- drink up, throw back a memory and a drink. Enjoy your Thursday homies.

And the the countdown:

67 days, 2 months, 5 days, 9 weeks and 4 days, 1,608 hours, 96,480 minutes, 5,788,800 seconds.

th

Yep, I've already seen Wicked 3 times in NYC and once in London.....but my DH has never seen it. Not quite sure what he'll make of it. One of my all time favourite films ever and yep, I love the show.

What is this film you speak of??? Wicked was never a movie here in the states....

Good morning :flower1:

Janet :hug: I know how hard it is dealing with a parent who has Alzheimer's...hang in there.

Lynne...hope your head feels better :goodvibes

Monyk...that's so cute about little roo, I love your chicken tales.

Carole...one day I hope to visit NY and see Wicked. It was here in Atlanta last year I think but we didn't get a chance to go.

Another hot day here, I think I'll go get a few things planted before it hits 90 :sunny:

Only 47 days to go :cool1:

What is this film you speak of??? Wicked was never a movie here in the states....

Not sure if you are just playing, but in case you are not: Wicked is a play...based on The Wizard of Oz, with a twist (or two). Our sons' school did a production this spring.

Not sure if you are just playing, but in case you are not: Wicked is a play...based on The Wizard of Oz, with a twist (or two). Our sons' school did a production this spring.

I know all about Wicked :) I've read the book and seen the show. Schumi said it was her favorite films... and maybe there is a filmed version across the ocean that I don't know about?

I know all about Wicked :) I've read the book and seen the show. Schumi said it was her favorite films... and maybe there is a filmed version across the ocean that I don't know about?
I figured as much...there is a rumored movie version for Christmas 2019...not sure of details.

There was a film starring Mila Kunis as the wicked witch a few years back but I think it was just on tv.

Tink - no idea, sorry to hear you have that on your plate too.Hey all, close enough to smell the weekend :scratchinmight be the cow manure.

MonyK - nope, it was an employee who shut off the alarm.:rolleyes1she said it went on so long she thought it was malfunctioning. Never bothered to initiate a head count of residents with the warning sensors or tell a supervisor.

The home prides themselves on being over-staffed by double as to patient care medicare requirements. One of the reasons it gets such stellar ratings & commands such hefty fees from residents. Rarely, do they have stafff openings as they pay more than standard rate to employees & offer excellent benefits. I'm willing to bet they will move heaven & earth to not repeat this huge ding to their reputation.

I had my MIL in same facility with no issues. did my time volunteering in a different facility my mom retired from 25 years ago, that is first I've ever heard of a resident eloping. Not sure how that plays out in other areas of the country, but we have such a huge elderly population in western PA, it's big business & they run tight ships.

Almost forgot today is middle DS's BD, glad he texted me to remind. Going out to dinner for the mom/son thing. Always interesting to see where my boys pick. I'm guessing italian or chinese.

There was a film starring Mila Kunis as the wicked witch a few years back but I think it was just on tv.

That was the origin story of the Wizard in Oz. It was in the theaters.. in and out as fast as the tornado that carried Dorothy away. :)

I figured as much...there is a rumored movie version for Christmas 2019...not sure of details.

Yes, many names have been attached to the project.. I believe Lea Michele was once tapped to play Elphaba.

:bday::bday: to Janet's middle born. Out to dinner is always a great way to celebrate. :cake:

Wicked did the theater route here several years ago. Never saw it. I vaguely remember the one with Mila. It's a very long running play in NYC. Have no desire to see the new film either.

Wow, Keisha, that is scary that no one investigated why alarm was sounding for so long. I would hope all would be versed on what to do next time alarm seems to go off accidentally. Hope your Mom is doing better. We also have a large senior population. Lots of facilities around as well. My DM is at one, and she's doing well. 90 and still kicking. A funny, my DM has not been one to bother if she was not fit. She went to a fitness class for the first time in as long as I can remember, and she told me, she didn't release she was so out of shape. o_O Yeah, I need to get my butt in gear too.

Headache still there, and no AC is not helping. Thanks for the well wishes Tink.

Iced tea is up for lunch. Food. Turkey and cheese sandwich. Boring, but at least it's food. May look for ice cream or water ice soon as well. Lunchtime - later homies.

:rockband::rockband::rockband::rockband:

nope, it was an employee who shut off the alarm.:rolleyes1she said it went on so long she thought it was malfunctioning. Never bothered to initiate a head count of residents with the warning sensors or tell a supervisor.
oooh boy heads will roll! no excuse!

@Lynne G LOL at the 2x4! Rainy here (need it pretty bad), but the home I am at today the AC keeps going out-well a component they did not replace (when they replace everything else last year) keeps breaking down.

ugh, work...

We don't really need more rain MonyK. They are saying 2 or so more inches. Flooding now a concern. Good thing though, the rain and sun this spring and summer have been just right for plants. Bumper crop of Jersey peaches. Enjoy locally grown fruit and vegetables. My neighbor has also shared his tomatoes. Fort Knox on his vegetable garden too, as we have rabbits, squirrels and crows that also like the garden bounty. And yeah, apparently the broken part in the AC needs to be ordered, so no AC tomorrow either. Sigh, the lack of any air movement is not helping the overly warm air. I think it's cooler outside. Sigh. Is it time to leave yet? Another sigh.

Tink - no idea, sorry to hear you have that on your plate too.Hey all, close enough to smell the weekend :scratchinmight be the cow manure.
Sad to say that my mom passed away in 2009 after a long battle with that terrible disease so she's at rest now.

Maybe I should have been clearer........obviously I meant Wicked was based on one of my favourite films ever. I assumed that was a given.

Maybe I should have been clearer........obviously I meant based on one of my favourite films ever. I assumed that was a given.

Probably a given for someone else.. many times I need to be hit with a 2x4 to get the point. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter