Something About Nothing ... #12

Love the humpday reminders.
Our windy days were Sunday and Monday. Tore some of the plastic off coop- thankfully we've got a couple nice days (60's) coming up so I can repair it. Think the storm also fried one of our satellite receivers. Getting closer to just pulling plug on that...
Long day for me today-hubs leaves town for convention until Saturday afternoon, my home is hour commute and DS has soccer practice tonight. Swim for middle (thankful for carpool) and meet for her Friday.

I wonder how I did I it with school (16 credit hours semester) homework, labs and working 30 hours/week in my twenties. Then I look at my schedule now and think retirement can't come soon enough lol!
Happy Wednesday -may your coffee be hot (or tea) and your hair behave!

th
:rotfl:

Yep, sounds like a long day MonyK. Soccer game Friday night for little one. Sigh. Spring soccer is starting to heat up. Blankets are ready. I don't care, I will stay warm, ever so unfashionable is fine with me when it feels even colder on those soccer fields. Sorry to hear of receiver and coop getting weather damages. We have cable, and so far it's been generally good. Kids are happy, they always fought over bandwidth when we did not. Pretty soon, the mom taxi will be making limited runs. Little one goes for her license in 6 weeks. And they wonder why I have gray hair. ::yes::

More tea is needed. Cool inside now too.

th

Mac's tea cup:
th
and this is Schumi's
th
. :)

:rockband:

Went to see Jumanji with Kevin Hart and Jack Black........it was funny!! Won’t win an Oscar, but for a movie just to amuse you for a while it’s worth seeing.

I have to admit to hating the original, but I cannot watch Robin Williams, didn’t ever find him funny......although my husband doesn’t understand that as he thinks Mork and Mindy is untouchable for its time.......but I just never got him......so hated most things he was in.......maybe with the exception of Mrs Doubtfire.

But I’m glad we went.......there were 3 other people in the cinema and no one near us......we sat right at the back.....it was perfect.......no potato chip packet rustlers or slurpers or any of the other things that can happen.......I am very intolerant at the cinema. I’d watch it again.......

Anyway, off out tonight with friend........and I’m starving.......fancy steak tonight........we have a lot of fabulous seafood restaurant near us but one we love closes from end of November till March every year.....cannot wait till they open again, they have the freshest and best seafood around. She just sent me a txt to say can we go a bit earlier as she is starving too........she is so slim I have no idea where she puts it’s all!!!

Glad you had a good time at the cinema, I'm with you on the annoying people, I had someone narrating the last horror movie i watched at the cinema with "don't go in there", "Oh, somethings going to jump out," "run away." I had to turn around and tell them politely to shush. 3 people is a good number.

Thanks for the hump day camel pictures, Lynne. Always cheers me up to see. :)

You're a fellow early bird too Mac :)

Glad you had a good time at the cinema, I'm with you on the annoying people, I had someone narrating the last horror movie i watched at the cinema with "don't go in there", "Oh, somethings going to jump out," "run away." I had to turn around and tell them politely to shush. 3 people is a good number.

Thanks for the hump day camel pictures, Lynne. Always cheers me up to see. :)

You're a fellow early bird too Mac :)

Lol......we only recently started going back to the cinema......Tom barred me after the last time we went.......well, we had a fabulous time when Titanic came out.....yep, 1997, not one person in the cinema made a sound at that............went once a few weeks after and it was horrendous.......slurpers, whisperers, movie spoiler whisperers, rustlers, wrigglers, txters, chewing gum chompers, crisp packet openers, candy wrapper openers........you get the idea.......:rolleyes1 so Tom barred me.......lol.......the afternoon seems a fair compromise as it’s so quiet.......I kinda wanted to see Insidious......but Tom thought me jumping out my skin every few minutes might annoy others......so a comedy it was..........

Hope you’re week is going well Rachel........

I kinda want to see Jumanji, but I'll probably wait for it on cable. I enjoyed the original. I loved Robin Williams.. he was one of the few comedians who could be family friendly or adult humor with out having to think about it. George Carlin was another one. Robin William's mind went a mile a minute.. he always had something funny to say.

The last movie I saw was The Greatest Showman and I thought it was fantastic.

We've been dealing with serious ice problems here... black ice all over the place for the past two days. I am very close to falling on my butt several times today and yesterday. I think I pulled a muscle in my leg after one slide/almost fall. I need to live in a better climate. I wish I had enough money and time to be a snowbird.

Me too Chuckers. Thought I'd go for a walk at lunch. Good thing I left hat and gloves in the car. Had to get them from the car after only 1/2 mile. But, the clouds have become somewhat less one big blanket, so we have sun. Glorious brightness, until the next cloud goes in front of it.

Hmmm, now have to decide what movie to watch this week-end. I do like musicals, so Showman might be one I like, and I always enjoy a fluffy, funny, movie, so may go see the Jungle one instead. Hmm. I guess I am lucky, have not seen too much bad behavior. We usually like to go on Sunday morning, first show. It tends to not be that crowded. We also go first show on Saturday too, also most of the time, not as crowded. We like the AMC near us, they have reserved seats. Makes it so much nicer, and nice seats too. I wish our closest Regal would finally update their seats.

It's feeling like a very long day. Told older one, to ride with me to get gas tonight. I'll complain it's too cold, he has to pump. May have to buy coffee or a snack as reward.

th
I need more tea. HeHe,
th

Little one goes for her license in 6 weeks. And they wonder why I have gray hair. ::yes::
I have enough grey to cover-it is why my hair stylist changed how she did my highlights LOL! And it is why I still haven't taken the middle for her permit yet!

The last movie I saw was The Greatest Showman and I thought it was fantastic.
Going to see this on Monday with a group (one of those fancy places with recliners and chair side service for food and drink-and the food is actually really good!! Probably not what I'd have chosen if it was just me, but I'm sure I will enjoy it - the reviews have been great.

Lunch over-back to work!

Very sad news from yesterday. The mass shooting in Benton, Kentucky hit very close to our hearts. Our daughter, grandchildren and great grandchildren live in Benton. Our daughter is a Respiratory Therapist at the small community hospital in Benton.

All ours babies are safe and unharmed, thank you God, but sadly two children have died and many injured.

Prayers being sent for those families who have lost two children and for those families that have children who are injured.

Benton is a small community and everyone is devastated.

Last edited:
It was very sad news to hear Robo. Scary in a town your family is in. Very thankful no one in your family was harmed. Though I am sure the sadness and shock will be with all of Benton for some time. Prayers to all those families grieving at the loss of such young lives, and to those still trying to heal from shots they took.

Hugs Robo.

Very sad news from yesterday. The mass shooting in Benton, Kentucky hit very close to our hearts. Our daughter, grandchildren and great grandchildren live in Benton. Out daughter is a Respiratory Therapist at the small community hospital in Benton.

All ours babies are safe and unharmed, thank you God, but sadly two children have died and many injured.

Prayers being sent for those families who have lost two children and for those families that have children who are injured.

It always seems so much worse when it happens where you have family or friends. How awful.

I’m sure your family are all extremely upset by all this. Such a shocking event. I am so glad your family is safe, although they must be going through a lot.

Sending hugs Robo

Hey all. Last two houses we toured had mold in basement. Yesterday's was really bad, was wheezing all night & still feel like i have cotton in lungs. going to buy medical masks. Cannot believe listing agents would not think to mention that 'pesky' problem. Grrr.

Mac there are "hacks" to see just about anything you want but probably not allowed to mention here (and you'd need really good ad blocker) without dish.
Or just a Netflix sub lol!

Oh yes that man is delicious! Met him at comic con last year and got photo too! Very nice person.

The blood orange martini was quite good-made meal prep much more tolerable.
Middle swim kid shaved another second off her 100 meter free-maybe by senior year she will be varsity...
Watching Thor...really not much else on.

Congrats to da middle kid!

Mine just updated my magical stick hehe so much easier to navigate & find things now. Do believe my family uses my Netflix account more than I do, have yet to polish off stranger things. Need a good binge :)

Quite the buzz re Stranger things being a HHN house, would love to see what they do with it.

Happy Sunday to all :goodvibes

Watching the game ....think Lynne is going to be happy tonight.

I'm in a food coma now after enjoying a nice dinner prepared by my wonderful daughter who was trying out her new smoker and made smoked ribs, chicken breasts, brisket, corn on the cob and sweet potatoes. We also had apple strudel for dessert :faint: It was so nice to come home from work to a feast fit for a queen ...love my girl :love:

It was 70 here today after being 14 on Wednesday with snow still not melted yet...Danielle built a mini snowman on the steps to greet me after work...crazy weather.

Speaking of the remote...I can't find mine since I turned on the tv this afternoon it has mysteriously vanished. Hope it turns up soon or I'll be stuck watching fox forever.

Hope everyone has a nice night :flower1:

Nom nom, talk about a treat! my smoker is older than jr. Used it often but just not a fan of babysitting it to make sure charcoal doesn't peter out. I'm told there are electric ones out there now...

th
th

Ah, our grass is not green, and no need to mow until almost May if not later. Beautiful sun and almost hot now. Close to 60 before the Northern wind says, drop that temperature to below 40. But for now, those dark clouds are moving fast, and in between, loving the brightness and warmth.

I was so happy to see green (well mostly brownish tinged as dormant) grass earlier this week. It's snowing pretty good here now.
Those Northern winds have blown our way. Quite a brisk morning for me too BagO and Schumi. Had to zip up that coat a little tighter. Still a heavy, black and gray cloud cover, so no sight of the sun on the horizon, just a little lighter color of paler gray.

th
th
Yep, it is Wednesday, and the camel reminder is here. Hump Day homies! The middle of the work week for some.

Hey Keisha, hope all is well and mom doing better.

Mac, cats need their breakfast. Good Morning.

Charade, Robo and Tink, hope the coffee is hot.

Hope you enjoy the movie Schumi. Have not seen either movie. I agree, sometimes other movie goers make enjoying the movie hard. I am deciding if I want to see the new Jumanji movie or not. Always either to see movies at home.

Seems it was a bad hair day ride for BagO. Hope your day gets less windy.

Time for tea. Hot tea.

Later homies.

I liked Mr Williams in many things (voicing Alladin was amazing!) but in small doses otherwise. Never liked Jumanji either, thought it very mean-spirited/a downer for a movie aimed at kids. So many positive reviews for the new one. How can you go wrong with The Rock? :cloud9: That earlier movie he teamed with Kevin Hart was a hoot.

Went to see Jumanji with Kevin Hart and Jack Black........it was funny!! Won’t win an Oscar, but for a movie just to amuse you for a while it’s worth seeing.

I have to admit to hating the original, but I cannot watch Robin Williams, didn’t ever find him funny......although my husband doesn’t understand that as he thinks Mork and Mindy is untouchable for its time.......but I just never got him......so hated most things he was in.......maybe with the exception of Mrs Doubtfire.

But I’m glad we went.......there were 3 other people in the cinema and no one near us......we sat right at the back.....it was perfect.......no potato chip packet rustlers or slurpers or any of the other things that can happen.......I am very intolerant at the cinema. I’d watch it again.......

Anyway, off out tonight with friend........and I’m starving.......fancy steak tonight........we have a lot of fabulous seafood restaurant near us but one we love closes from end of November till March every year.....cannot wait till they open again, they have the freshest and best seafood around. She just sent me a txt to say can we go a bit earlier as she is starving too........she is so slim I have no idea where she puts it’s all!!!

Now I'm hungry for steak. Today is leftover teriyaki chicken i made yesterday

Very sad news from yesterday. The mass shooting in Benton, Kentucky hit very close to our hearts. Our daughter, grandchildren and great grandchildren live in Benton. Out daughter is a Respiratory Therapist at the small community hospital in Benton.

Very sad, worse when it hits so close to home. I'm sure it will take time for the community to heal.

Hey all. Last two houses we toured had mold in basement. Yesterday's was really bad, was wheezing all night & still feel like i have cotton in lungs. going to buy medical masks. Cannot believe listing agents would not think to mention that 'pesky' problem. Grrr.

Congrats to da middle kid!

Mine just updated my magical stick hehe so much easier to navigate & find things now. Do believe my family uses my Netflix account more than I do, have yet to polish off stranger things. Need a good binge :)

Quite the buzz re Stranger things being a HHN house, would love to see what they do with it.

Nom nom, talk about a treat! my smoker is older than jr. Used it often but just not a fan of babysitting it to make sure charcoal doesn't peter out. I'm told there are electric ones out there now...

I was so happy to see green (well mostly brownish tinged as dormant) grass earlier this week. It's snowing pretty good here now.

I liked Mr Williams in many things (voicing Alladin was amazing!) but in small doses otherwise. Never liked Jumanji either, thought it very mean-spirited/a downer for a movie aimed at kids. So many positive reviews for the new one. How can you go wrong with The Rock? :cloud9: That earlier movie he teamed with Kevin Hart was a hoot.

Now I'm hungry for steak. Today is leftover teriyaki chicken i made yesterday

Very sad, worse when it hits so close to home. I'm sure it will take time for the community to heal.

Wow those houses sound real doozies........would never imagine something could be that bad on a short visit! Yep, masks sounds like a plan!!

Loved Central Intelligence with Hart and the Rock........it was funny!!! I didn’t think I liked The Rock until I saw the first movie he was in.......Kevin Hart I find so funny generally.........new Jumanji is definitely worth a watch......although another friend thought it unfunny.......but she’s known for not really having a good sense of humour........I’ve seen a group of us in tears laughing so hard at something........and she’s a bit bewildered as to why we’re all laughing.......she’s a real hoot! Nice girl, but not funny........she’s the first to admit it herself though......::yes::

Didn’t have steak after all.......they had a chicken Piccata special on so I had that instead........very lemony which I love!

Hello everyone. I figured it was time for me to come out of lurk mode. B started Barnum rehearsals so we have been very busy. Right now she is learning how to juggle. They are being taught by a professional clown. I am at rehearsal right now. Usually I drop her off and com back when it is over, but tonight she needs to leave early to get to tap class. It just wasn’t worth driving all the way home and then back again.
We have had some really nice spring like weather for a few days, but tonight it has gotten cold again. B’s school district has already scheduled a make up day for the snow. They will be going on a day in February that was originally going to be a parent/teacher conference day.

I want to see Jumanji, but am debating on waiting for it to come to our second run theater or waiting for the video to be released so we can just watch it at home. It seems like whenever I go to the theater I end up sitting in front of the seat kickers.

I really enjoyed The Greatest Showman. I love a good musical. The prevoius musical I saw was La La Land and I was very disappointed.

My husband’s cousin’s family owns a lake cottage near Benton. He is really shaken up by the shooting. Glad to hear that Robo’s family is safe.

I still have an hour and 15 minutes to kill. I wish I had brought a book with me.

Sorry to hear that @Robo56. Horrible when something like that hits so close to home. Hope everyone is not too shaken!

Morning Mac!

My husband and I went to see star wars in a cinema with sofas! It was great. It was busy but it was only adults. They served bacon baps, beer, wine and cocktails.

Good Morning!

BagO, that cinema sounds lovely. Most of our movie theaters now have bars in them. Not many have a sofa. Sounded like a nice night out.

Ha, DH came home late last night. He started watching the news with his eyes closed, next thing you know, it was midnight, and I said, lets go to bed. Yep, our alarm went off at 4:30. I was moving faster than him. That's okay, he's once again 5 years older than me. My nephew's wife shares his birthday. Both get to blow out candles today.

Ah, a beautiful swatch of medium dark pink is wrapped around the horizon. The sun is slowly rising. Still a good cloud cover, but loving the pink skies.

th
th

With that, I need tea.

Have an awesome day. It's 25 with a wind chill of 14 to start the day, so it's going to be a good one for me. Drink up, and toss back some happy memories.

th
::yes:: :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter