Something About Nothing ... #12

I read something in our paper today about chickens

The town is wanting to allow residents
to have chickens in their yard as pets

Present ordinance is homeowners need to have 3 acres of land before they can
own chickens and have
a housed structure for them

It is proposed, any resident can raise chickens with a small lot as long as they have a shelter

And .... they are not allowed to use them for food since they are pets
Our also has a no rooster as they are the pests usually. Also have a limit on how many you can have. I am ok with limits and rules as it helps keep people from getting a chicken on a whim and then abandoning them. Having a structure to properly house them takes an investment -think we spend ~$800-900 all in on our new coop, plus the fence for the side yard, plus the fence around the garden (to keep the monsters out when they freerange). We already had fenced in our 3/4 acre lot.

So nice outside-all the animals were glad to go out in the sun and warmer air.
stopped and got doughnuts on way back from dropping swim kid off.
House cleaned, outside lights finally down. Cars washed (were grey from salt/slush dirt). New battery in mine and oil change (apparently it was due-DH did all that when he took mine to be washed).

also it is whip solstice here! Means our local pineapple whip place opens for a couple days in dead of winter -usually only open in late spring through summer.
NPR did a story a few years ago. The owner Zach is a really nice guy. Saw him yesterday when I stopped to get my fix. He is always so humble and in awe that people will line up even in January to get the stuff!
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...and-made-pineapple-a-local-flavor-of-missouri

Meatloaf, mash potato and peas n carrots for dinner tonite. Picked up a bag of blood oranges too, so good. May squeeze a couple and make Blood orange martini too.

Ready for spring after the taste we have today!!

I’m definitely not really a PoTC movie fan..........but too long and don’t think I’m a Johnny Depp fan........it was ok, but got bored and went through and did some baking.........came back through to sitting room and it was still on!!

Jus finished, so now to find something else to watch.........not going to bed just after 10 tonight again......tonight has to be our coldest night so far........snow predicted tomorrow.......so, won’t be going out anywhere........

Found a movie with the delicious Jason Isaacs in......will give that a try..........

Fruity talk, Mac! LoL

Late dinner, so pizza for us.

Then, who knows. May watch a movie. Think we have Wonder Woman, so maybe that, as never got around to seeing it in the movie theater.

I’m back to watching law and order reruns

Your movie sounds better than what I have on

Since we cancelled DISH I am still learning the numbers (Channels) for what we have now

I know I can get movies but haven’t explored that section yet

The remote that came with this new company is so different from what I have used the past million years
Lol

Is tomorrow going to be warmer for you Lynne ?

Mac there are "hacks" to see just about anything you want but probably not allowed to mention here (and you'd need really good ad blocker) without dish.
Or just a Netflix sub lol!
Found a movie with the delicious Jason Isaacs in...
Oh yes that man is delicious! Met him at comic con last year and got photo too! Very nice person.

The blood orange martini was quite good-made meal prep much more tolerable.
Middle swim kid shaved another second off her 100 meter free-maybe by senior year she will be varsity...
Watching Thor...really not much else on.

Maybe not warmer Mac, but just as nice. 50 again.

Quiet night. All are screen watching, well older one also playing on it with his friends.

Sigh, and Congress better get its act together pronto. Last time I lost 7 days of pay, now both of us may not get a paycheck this week. Eek.

True Lynne but at least you aren’t required to keep going to work without pay
We all like vacations but not when it’s unpaid time off

But over the years it’s always settled at the last minute
Hope it does

I’ll take 50 + degree weather tomorrow if that’s what it is

Haven’t seen the evening local
weather yet but thought it was to be 60’s

Mac there are "hacks" to see just about anything you want but probably not allowed to mention here (and you'd need really good ad blocker) without dish.
Or just a Netflix sub lol!

Oh yes that man is delicious! Met him at comic con last year and got photo too! Very nice person.

The blood orange martini was quite good-made meal prep much more tolerable.
Middle swim kid shaved another second off her 100 meter free-maybe by senior year she will be varsity...
Watching Thor...really not much else on.

Oh how lovely you got to meet him! Everyone seems to have only good things to say about him in real life.......although the movie we ended up watching with him in it wasn’t so good........but odd......couldn’t watch the ending as it was a bit boring......DH recorded the end so will catch it today.......but he watches awful movies just to see how it ends out of curiosity.......me, if it’s awful, I don’t care!

Love a French berry martini.........especially from Strong Water Tavern in Sapphire Falls........:D

Sunday and the sun is shining already........hope it stays that way and we don’t get more snow.

Exciting bit of ironing ahead..........breakfast first though........::yes::

Sunday it is. Sun is shining, and bird poop on my car. No. Not spring yet, but all are enjoying an above normal January temperature. I will always take a nice weekend. Normal patttern is usually the nice is work week, crappy weather on the weekend.

Thankfully afternoon games. Hopefully that means team is bright and bushy tailed.

Then the football game to watch tonight. After, the news will continue to be nonstop for days. Nonstop for weeks if they win, a few less days if they lose. If you do not think we are a sports and party town, game is 6:40pm, parking lots open for tail gaiting at 1pm, but news is saying cars already lined up to enter. Town loud and wearing green and white.

With that, I need more tea. Kids are not up, and DH left hours ago. Love a quiet house, and control of the family room TV.

Happy Sunday afternoon Sans family:wave2:

Sun is shinning and it’s 74. Glad to see it’s warmimg up a little for everyone.

Everyone enjoyed the birthday brunch. The birthday girl really liked her gifts of chocolates and jewelry. It was so nice to set around the table and laugh with friends. It reminded me that no matter what’s going on in ones life, laughter is truely a healing balm for sure.

Hubbys coconut palm

42DC7AE4-53EA-410C-8D17-3A46F4F8BCF6.jpeg

B8A795FA-709E-4D22-8CF7-DB5FBDFD027D.jpeg

Sitting out on patio enjoying the weather.

Football games starting at 3 pm.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Weather must be better for everyone and all outside enjoying it

Dead as a doorknob here
Lol

Hope all had a fun day
Mine was busy and kept me off the dis today

Happy Sunday to all :goodvibes

Watching the game ....think Lynne is going to be happy tonight.

I'm in a food coma now after enjoying a nice dinner prepared by my wonderful daughter who was trying out her new smoker and made smoked ribs, chicken breasts, brisket, corn on the cob and sweet potatoes. We also had apple strudel for dessert :faint: It was so nice to come home from work to a feast fit for a queen ...love my girl :love:

It was 70 here today after being 14 on Wednesday with snow still not melted yet...Danielle built a mini snowman on the steps to greet me after work...crazy weather.

Speaking of the remote...I can't find mine since I turned on the tv this afternoon it has mysteriously vanished. Hope it turns up soon or I'll be stuck watching fox forever.

Hope everyone has a nice night :flower1:

Yum, brisket. Lucky Tink.

Well, little one’s games were colder than I thought. 50, but cloudy and windy. Unfashionable skull hat on.

Yep, fireworks shot off and honking. Though oddly when NE win too. Happy town, and news will be 90 percent about the games.

Now, hope the Congress gets the budget signed tonight. Crossing fingers and toes. Will hear as I commute tomorrow.

B8EE1994-38C6-44F7-AB84-BB5C883B2025.png

Nighty Night homies.

Oh, and enjoyed seeing new palm Robo. Does that mean we get some coconuts?

Beautiful pictures Robo.........glad the day went well.......love coconuts.......

Lynne......I forget how to work our main TV remote......not sure I could even find it if I needed it.......surprisingly I`m not a big tv person......but if you knew how many TV`s we had in our home you wouldn't believe it!!!!

Vicki......how lovely!!! You have a good girl there........food sounds lush!!!!

mac.........:wave2:

Less cold today.......much less cold! No ice around and even a little bit of sunshine.......

Trying to work out how the delivery people got this suite through our doors........we need rid of it and we can`t quite work out how they did it.......it`s huge...........so, quick call to a firm who will do it for you.........easy route is sometimes better!!!

Physio appointment this afternoon and that's about it.......almost lunchtime.........pasta in spicy tomato sauce with shrimp........

Have a great Monday..........

Monday it is. No agreement yet, but hopefully today.

Quiet and dark out. Still very cloudy, so no sunrise to see. Rain, with heavier rounds tomorrow. Hey, at least it will still be in the 50's. Then we return to the freezing temps again. Kinda crazy weather. Freezing and below, then a few days above freezing, then low temps again. Never a streak of each, which is okay with me. Thankfully, not prolonged cold so far.

Ah yes Schumi, always nice to have others remove heavy items, when you are done with them. Lunch sounds lush, and most likely better than mine. I am thinking soup. While still only cool out, I am running feeling cold lately.

With that, I need tea. Lots of tea. Thirsty for some reason. HeHe, maybe because I am still wearing my jacket inside. Hey, it feels cool inside to me.

th
th

:cool2: :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter