Something About Nothing ... #12

last Monday of September. What? October is next week, time is surely going by fast.
aaaaccckk! yes too fast!

Nice the garden still has tomatoes Keisha. My neighbor's garden still has tomatoes on plants, as well as cucumbers. Salsa are us, as he gave us some tomatoes, and the cucumbers will be pickles.
Still have tomatoes on mine too. Used some with the enchiladas Sunday. Also buckets of basil (seriously-have 2 gallon ziplocs stuffed full right now+more in freezer). Herbs are supposed to be good for the chickens but my spoiled rotten hens like the rosemary only (not the parsley, sage, thyme or basil). And I'd have more green beans but the bratty hens have been eating the blooms off the plants they can reach. Ah well- 4 dozen eggs (and counting) in fridge. Have to order some containers so I can start freezing the eggs (crack them into ice cube like trays-good for holiday baking).

I purchased a Ravenclaw one for my daughter and a Doctor Who one for myself.
We may have those in our house as well! Along with Griffindor and Slytherin...

My service club did dinner at a Teen (homeless) shelter tonight. Great place. Taco night-8# of pinto beans for refried beans and 3# of rice for spanish rice-house and car smell like a Mexican restaurant. Told to plan for ~50-had ~25-so they have lots of extras. We rolled a bunch of extra tortillas with bean, meat and cheese and stuck in freezer so the kids could microwave a quick snack when they needed. Perhaps service hours should be mandatory prior to running for elective office...perspective.

13 days til trip. Anyone with definite plans the 9th or 10th? The only thing really definite for us is FoP at 4:30 on the 9th, and MNSSHP on the 10th-if anyone up for meet up-breakfast or lunch at Citywalk?

Ill be there those dates but are at the darkside

This is the first year since 1993 I am not doing the motherland for a week before I move to the darkside

Did Mickey twice ( stayed on site) in the last ten months before UO visits

It seems weird I'm not doing both parks this coming weekend

And staying in true Mac planning , have nothing planned, bought or packed yet and leaving Sunday morning at 2 am

With the broken foot, don't want to wear the airboot entire time

Need to buy two pairs of identical shoes at least a size apart so I have footware on both feet
Will work on that shopping Saturday

Hearing you homies talk about packing up makes this girl want to load up for vacation n o w. We're down to 5 football games left in the season...so far, so good.

Hearing you homies talk about packing up makes this girl want to load up for vacation n o w. We're down to 5 football games left in the season...so far, so good.

Trip will be here before you know it.........enjoy the games!

Been ultra hot here and loving every minute of it........we reached 96f yesterday according to concierge.......nice!

Waiting for dh to waken this morning.......then decide whether to drive to Clearwater/Dunedin for a while today or rent a cabana for the day and have a day doing nothing by the pool.........

Nice decision to have.

Have a great Tuesday, time to wake the Mr up..........:D

MonyK, I'll be at the dark side too, those dates. Moving from the mouse on the 5th, and will be at the dark side until the 13th. Meet up meal at City Walk would be nice.

Yay to Poohs. Glad to hear the football season is going good so far. School soccer is winding down, then club starts up. I have no rest. LOL

HeHe Mac, shopper Saturday. I'll probably be packing Saturday night. Yeah, and doing wash and errands that day. Good thing there's Amazon lockers. Older one forgot his bathing suit last year. Shipped in one day to locker in Orlando. Quick pick up near the dark side, and older one was happy. He's lucky there were lots of lockers near the parks, and that he liked the suit we ordered the day before we left.

It's a very gray start to the day. The car decided to use the high beams on and off. Yeah, it was that dark. Still warm though, and clouds to leave, and will still have a day in the 80's. It's 74 right now, but muggy. Maybe a shower or two will give the poor plants some rain. While we had rainy days from Jose, it's been a hot and dry patch for almost a week. At least Maria will be far out to sea. The cold front we are getting on Friday, will push her even further out than Jose. That means maybe some clouds, cooler., Fall like temps, and no rain. That's fine with me. Light jacket and pants, with shorts in the carry on.

And, the countdown continues. It's Tuesday. Chow down on the left over tacos from MonyK. Staying blonde day for me, and maybe shorter hair for little one. I doubt she'll come. Trying to get older one to cut his hair. He had shaved off his beard, but now it's mostly back. Hoping he at least gets it trimmed.

th
th

th
homies.

Time for tea. And a sweater. Darn AC. I want cool, not cold.

Morning everyone :wave2:.

Everyone is up with the chickens this morning.

Mac hang in there. We are all going to sprinkle Mummy dust over your knee and foot so it gets better fast :grouphug:

Have to order some containers so I can start freezing the eggs (crack them into ice cube like trays-good for holiday baking).

I have never frozen eggs before.

# 1 thing on my packing list is always my tin foil hat::yes::

:rotfl:.......LOL.....just stick the foil under your hat its more inconspicuous:hyper:

Keisha 3 days 17 hours 6 minutes 40 seconds

Lynne, Mac, Little Sis and Me 4 days 17 hours 6 minutes 40 seconds

Mac hang in there. We are all going to sprinkle Mummy dust over your knee and foot so it gets better fast :grouphug:

Have to order some containers so I can start freezing the eggs (crack them into ice cube like trays-good for holiday baking).

# 1 thing on my packing list is always my tin foil hat::yes::

:rotfl:.......LOL.....just stick the foil under your hat its more inconspicuous:hyper:

Ok the Dis on my end today is running slow and doing weird things like posting my message twice.

Off to get my coffee and get the day started.

Agree dis has been wonky for me too

Robo, I really need two more weeks to get ready for the vacation

Taco Tuesday....

Looks like the buzz for new avatar rides has tapered off (can i say i told you so? Lol). Didn't even both with either attraction for DH's dates in Oct or Nov. did book so Jr can give it a whirl & make up his own mind.

Tons on plate today, hope to cull the packing bins & stuff in suitcases. Need to have a separate one (one only) for trip home with Jr. on spirit 40# max, whee

Lynne - shoutout, not sure if u missed group email, r u still contemplating dinner on Saturday, 10/7?

Had a great time last night with the friends from back home. They have never done any Halloween event on the scale of HHN and see why I enjoy going. Ran into Carole and Tom as I was leaving and chatted with them for a bit. I will do my last S & S Friday night and will go late for the rest of the event. It's still so damn hot here.

Jr mentioned u the other day, remembered how you were our 'tour guide' for our 1st HHN many years ago. Have a feeling you do that often for folks lol

We are bringing cooler temps with us on Sunday.

Since 90's here I'm sorta in the zone already. Just praying the showers I'm seeing predicted are of the afternoon blow thru types

aaaaccckk! yes too fast!

Still have tomatoes on mine too. Used some with the enchiladas Sunday. Also buckets of basil (seriously-have 2 gallon ziplocs stuffed full right now+more in freezer). Herbs are supposed to be good for the chickens but my spoiled rotten hens like the rosemary only (not the parsley, sage, thyme or basil). And I'd have more green beans but the bratty hens have been eating the blooms off the plants they can reach. Ah well- 4 dozen eggs (and counting) in fridge. Have to order some containers so I can start freezing the eggs (crack them into ice cube like trays-good for holiday baking).

We may have those in our house as well! Along with Griffindor and Slytherin...

My service club did dinner at a Teen (homeless) shelter tonight. Great place. Taco night-8# of pinto beans for refried beans and 3# of rice for spanish rice-house and car smell like a Mexican restaurant. Told to plan for ~50-had ~25-so they have lots of extras. We rolled a bunch of extra tortillas with bean, meat and cheese and stuck in freezer so the kids could microwave a quick snack when they needed. Perhaps service hours should be mandatory prior to running for elective office...perspective.

13 days til trip. Anyone with definite plans the 9th or 10th? The only thing really definite for us is FoP at 4:30 on the 9th, and MNSSHP on the 10th-if anyone up for meet up-breakfast or lunch at Citywalk?

Do u scramble or poke the yolks before putting in ice trays? Going to assume one could then pop them out and put in zip bag. Tossed all my trays decades ago when ice makers came into vogue. Wonder if they still sell them? Have been looking for a new dish drainer that fits in a double sink & a sink drying Matt that isn't butt ugly for months. A vanishing breed sort of thing i guess. Have settled for a foam mat that reminds me of a bath mat at this point but not the same. I removed my dishwasher, weird quirk of enjoying the process of hand washing dishes.

Ill be there those dates but are at the darkside

This is the first year since 1993 I am not doing the motherland for a week before I move to the darkside

Did Mickey twice ( stayed on site) in the last ten months before UO visits

It seems weird I'm not doing both parks this coming weekend

And staying in true Mac planning , have nothing planned, bought or packed yet and leaving Sunday morning at 2 am

With the broken foot, don't want to wear the airboot entire time

Need to buy two pairs of identical shoes at least a size apart so I have footware on both feet
Will wire on that shopper Saturday

Has to be strange for you to be skipping WDW. Honestly, probably better for your footsies. As if the knee surgery didn't make it challenging enough!

Glad u embraced the 2 pair plan. Not sure I'd wait till Saturday & hit the weekend shoppers tho.

Trip will be here before you know it.........enjoy the games!

Been ultra hot here and loving every minute of it........we reached 96f yesterday according to concierge.......nice!

Waiting for dh to waken this morning.......then decide whether to drive to Clearwater/Dunedin for a while today or rent a cabana for the day and have a day doing nothing by the pool.........

Nice decision to have.

Have a great Tuesday, time to wake the Mr up..........:D

I vote for clearwater, aaaah. Not sure if any major damage from the storm tho. Might want to check on that.

All my hats are pre-lined with foil :).

We are down to 5 regular season games...hoping for an additional 5 playoff games. Three of the last four years, we have gotten to that 3rd playoff game...and once we made it to the 4th game...still shooting for that final one. For the longest time, our goal was to have Thanksgiving, together, as a football team...we finally did that two years ago, when we made it to that 4th playoff game...you have to make it that far to play Thanksgiving weekend...so, here's to playing football beyond thanksgiving.

Mac, I hope you can get around pretty good with your foot.

I envy all of you HHN peeps...maybe in 3 or 4 years, when there is no HS football...and I am depressed by the thought...I will be able to plan a trip to enjoy the spectacle. Now, getting my wife to go will be the trick...she'll go to Uni, she just won't be big on HHN. So, we'll see.

You guys enjoy.

Wag, hope your boys do all the finals play offs

Sending Mummy Dust to make that dream come true

I'll pencil you in for hhn for 3 years from now

Hey all! I'm kinda glad that my trip was postponed as I read all your postings about getting ready for your trip... I would have been done with mine and sad! Instead, I get to wait to hear for your return postings and get excited for my trip in 103 days!

Hope all is well.. it's been crazy hot up here.. mid/upper 80's. But it's going to change soon..

Good morning everyone :coffee:

Hearing all of your plans is making me super jealous...guess I know how you all felt last week :duck:

I'm beating the post trip blues by planning our next visit...trying to decide between CB and the new Aventura, that rooftop bar is calling my name.

Hope all who are going next week have an awesome time :flower1:

Jr mentioned u the other day, remembered how you were our 'tour guide' for our 1st HHN many years ago. Have a feeling you do that often for folks lol
Not as many as you'd think. Most of the time I strike up a conversation with someone and if they show interest we hang out. Last year I met a great family from Seattle who had never been. I hung out with them most of the night...it was lots of fun. I certainly don't mind doing it.

Tink and Chuckers would be so cool if everyone could go at the same time next year for HHN and take Mac’s VIP Tour together.

That's a possibility! Although I was planning on never making vacation plans during hurricane season again!

That's a possibility! Although I was planning on never making vacation plans during hurricane season again!
I hear you Chuckers...if only HHN didn't happen during hurricane season.

In all the years we have gone this is the first time we've had a close call. We usually go the second week so we can attend 4 nights of HHN and the only reason we went earlier this year is Trey's AP was expiring...next year we will go back later in the month or early October to meet up with everyone.

I hear you Chuckers...if only HHN didn't happen during hurricane season.

In all the years we have gone this is the first time we've had a close call. We usually go the second week so we can attend 4 nights of HHN and the only reason we went earlier this year is Trey's AP was expiring...next year we will go back later in the month or early October to meet up with everyone.

We go on vacation freeze from October through Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter