Something About Nothing ... #12

Good evening. It looks like Tuesdays will be busy days for the rest of the month. I work until 3:00, get B from school, and then take her to music lessons. Tonight I got dinner for her while she was at music (no tacos, but it was Mexican) and then drove her downtown for her theater rehearsal. Thankfully her dad will bring her home. I got supper for myself (Chinese) and then came home and started more laundry. Next week her dance classes start back up.

Schumi - Happy anniversary. We celebrated our first anniversary at Disney and Universal. I would love to do it again, but it happens during the school year.

Lynne - I think it is hotter where you are then it is here. I would love to get a break from the humidity.

Ckmiles - Maybe it’s because I’ve lived in the south almost all my life, but I just can’t imagine not having a/c in the schools.

Tgrgrl - I’m so glad you were able to get Marshmellow to surgery.

Quiet night tonight, but B and dh should be home soon.

Me too !

We went to Taco Bell for dinner

They have better chalupas than I can make

I gave you a like not for saying you want to eat healthy but that you did the Tuesday run to the border today

images
, why yes it is! And the back to school, and commuting before sunrise, is here. The sun on the horizon is a huge ball of yellow. Another day with the heat index showing a temp of 105. On my commute last night, car said temp was 100. Yep, AC was on. Ended up with not heated, steak sandwiches. No one wanted the steak hot. Did toss some tater tots in the oven. They get almost as crunchy, but easier than messing with hot oil. And some fresh tomatoes from a friend. Little one was eating them as we left the friend, nothing like home grown and picked earlier in the day. Seems this steamy weather has been good for local produce workers. Last of the summer crops.

So with that, the AC is indeed already making it cool inside. Tea is ready, so later homies.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, and make those kids go to bed earlier. Little one looked like she was sleep walking when I came home yesterday. Yep, back to school routine, with early rising, does not go well with a night owl kid. ::yes::

:rockband:

Love the pictures Robo..........they are beautiful!!!

Thank you. Halloween is a fond memory when I was little with my mom.

Lol......yep, must be 8 now till we leave for our overnight.......vacation begins that day!

It will be here before you know.

In the 20's countdown now, so October is now less than 4 weeks away.

Lynne celebrate....... we are in the 20’s for sure.

Have a great one, and great pictures Robo! Enjoy seeing your decorations.

Thanks Lynne. I look forward to seeing all the decorations at HHN.

Marshmellow is having surgery as I type this!! Whew!! I feel like we have turned to a new chapter in the “Kitten Saga of Summer 2018.”

So glad to hear you were able to get her to surgery. Hope she is recovering well.... her kittens are beautiful.....looks like they all have white socks.

We went to Taco Bell for dinner

Mac I gave to admit I have a weakness for Taco Bell too.

So with that, the AC is indeed already making it cool inside. Tea is ready, so later homies.

Lynne hope the tea was tasty this morning.

Keisha take it easy. Hope your feet are getting better.

04C9E905-76FF-4127-BF25-FFCD72535F87.gif

Happy Anniversary SchumiCarole & Tom!!

Lynne- hope you & fam get back into the fall school/work routines quickly! My kids’ school is 9 am-3:30 pm which I love but just found out my oldest has to be at school at 8 am two days a week for chorus & orchestra. We live 20 minutes from school so no going back & forth before regular school start time. I guess my youngest & I will be eating breakfast out somewhere before school a couple of days a week!

Now I am thinking about food.......

I want Taco Bell. I ate too much yesterday & am trying to do a intermittent fasting day today but coffee just isn’t cutting it!! Maybe I will go clean a couple of litter boxes....that usually kills my appetite. Bleh!!!

Waving good morning to macraven, Robo56, pattyw, charade67 & everyone else joining today!

Tgrgrl, not a bad time for school. Our senior high starts at 7:35 am, and opens at 7am for those who get there a little earlier. Ends at 2:40pm. My kids had to walk, but now, little one gets a ride both ways. Mostly from a friend or her DB. Once in awhile, I can do.

For those celebrating, Happy New Year, as the new year's coming soon.

:wave2: To Robo, Charade, Tink, Tgrgrl, Patty, and all the homies.

My day has started out fairly well.One of our clients gave me some Ghirardelli chocolate. I’m going to have some after I finish my lunch.

Patty - I often say that if we ever connect into a large sum of money the first thing I will do is hire a personal chef. I hate cooking.

Tgrgrl - We have the same school hours as you. B’s school also offers and optional zero period that starts one hour before regular school time. She took the zero period for 2 years. I was so glad when that was over.

Schumi - Happy anniversary!

Hello to everyone else. Gotta get back to work. I’m sending out bills today.

Thank you ladies for the anniversary wishes.........I’m a very lucky lady married to a wonderful man........too much schmalz?? :laughing:

Charade I adore cooking........I cook all of our meals from scratch, only exception is takeout.......we don’t have ready made frozen convenience meals........but I have the time and do love cooking.......baking I enjoy but it’s a hit and miss.....but I do bake a lot too. Cooking I love.

Had a fabulous day out.

Drove almost two hours to meet friends we hadn’t seen for years for lunch and spend the afternoon with them.....it was her birthday too so we had a lovely exchange of gifts too!!

Lunch was lovely, and catching up was wonderful, it was like we only saw them yesterday instead of ten years ago. We chatted and laughed the whole day away........

Then tonight spent a couple of hours baking as Kyle and his colleagues are doing a charity event tomorrow.....so loads of things baked and thankfully all turned out perfectly........hoping they make a lot of money for a lovely little local charity.

Time to sit down with a glass of wine (another ::yes::)

Afternoon Sans:yay:... I have been MIA for awhile. This weekend got away from me with chores and the teens. Also my computer is in a room with no A/C and it is hard to stay in for long. Anyway I haven't caught up on everything but a few.

We were suppose to go to Six Flags NJ this weekend for Liv's B-Day. It is going to rain so I am postponing to next weekend. ( I hope no rain) I had to switch gears and plan her birthday party for this weekend. She will be 17 on Monday:scared1:.

I also have to go to my nieces's bridal shower on Saturday. Busy Busy!! Liv is doing better this week with school. She is settling in and liking her classes better. She has friends in just about all of them .We are having issues with one teacher but we are working on resolving it!

Schumi Happy Anniversary!! Hope it is a great one and many more!!

Tgrgrl - glad to hear one baby got a home. It was great to hear you got M for spaying. It is so crucial to have these babies fixed so we can help keep the homeless pet population down.:thumbsup2

Robo- love the pics of your decorations!! It makes me excited for Hallooween!

Charade Enjoy those Ghirardelli chocolates!

Keisha I forgot the vaseline one day and can see the difference. Thanks again for reminding about you! I am going to do my best to keep it lubed:)

Mac- I watched Fear for about two seasons. I really didn't like the way the show was going so we stopped! We still watch Walking Dead. I had hoped it would get better with Morgan joining but I hear not. I don't like the characters they have killed off. I am not sure what will happen to the show.

Lynne -I like the early start time. Our high school opens at 7 and classes start at 7:30. She gets out at 2:00. I drive her back and forth right now don't like her walking alone.

Monykalyn - I am so sorry about your pup! I know how you feel. We have been through it so many times and it never gets easy when our pet family members get sick. Thinking of all of you!
Off to meet a friend for dinner at 99. I hope everyone has a great night!!!

Hello to all Sans family who I missed!:D

Was about to send a search party out to find youse!!

Glad we are hearing from you
I am a mom and frequently looking for my homies here

Wow she will soon be 17
I hope the birthday party and celebration is super and she has a ball

Right
Always best to reschedule six flags so you don’t have to deal with a rain out
Too many outdoor rides go down when it rains
I had season passes over the years to St. Louis mid America and great America (gurnee) and year before last to 6 flags in Atlanta

Atlanta one did not wow me but the other two really did

Thanks for updating us on Liv with her classes
Happy news she has friends in most of them

The homies that have been missing here are Keisha and agavegirl

Wendy sending you a shout out and hope you are recovering nicely from
the back surgery

Have kept you in my prayers

Keisha
Get your butt back over here !

Bring a note from mom if you are playing hooky much longer

Jk

Hmm, Bobbie, have to check the weather again. 6 Flags is around an hour ride from us. Most of our storms will be on Friday, with 70 as high on Saturday, as cool weather system coming to kick this tropical low outta here. And I hear ya, little one turned 17 a week ago. Senior year has commenced, and I know it will go fast. The fact little one has been driving for almost a year now also sometimes shocks me. That and my first born, will be 21 in two months. Now I really feel old. LOL

75566547_Alt01

Peeking in to say "HI!!" to my peeps!!!

Hello to the new members, I am an older member from back in the day :D

Glad to see many familiar "faces" still hanging around!

Hey!!!!

Just popped on before bedtime..........so glad to see you post again........hope you’re doing ok........don’t be a stranger.......:wave2:

Off to bed here now...........

7 sleeps..........:cheer2:

75566547_Alt01

Peeking in to say "HI!!" to my peeps!!!

Hello to the new members, I am an older member from back in the day :D

Glad to see many familiar "faces" still hanging around!

And tlinus brings us minonions !

For those that don’t know her, she is a homie that started with us in the beginning

Believe she was on my original thread in the community board when it was the “Test” thread
Which evenually turned into this San thread

Welcome home Tracie!

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter