Something About Nothing ... #12

Hi Homies! I am not even going to pretend to keep up or even read the over 13 pages since I last even looked at the thread.

I have been recovering from spinal surgery and today, I had a six week checkup. It went very well. But....

I had to cancel my October Orlando trip.
I had to take off work (I do not get sick time) and made no money for two months.
I go back tomorrow for ONE WHOLE HOUR to assess my additional needs to actually work.
US Orlando has been rescheduled for 2019 but until I get that "your spine is totally fused" notice....nothing is for sure.
Today, I got the "wow, your recovery is weeks ahead of schedule" notice. My X-rays are textbook and my pain not really an issue.
But of course, all you nurse people know...NO Bending, Lifting or Twisting until further notice.

Gentle :grouphug: to you Wendy

So glad you dropped in !

Hope you heal more each day

Let’s hope the doctor clears you for a trip next year

My mom had back surgery back in the olden days
But surgery has improved since the dark ages of 50 years ago

So I know it was a scary surgery for youse Wendy

It does have a long recovery time before you are physically able to ride the coasters and hopefully a year from
now will be lifted from
restrictions

As each week and month goes by, you will get physically stronger

One year from now if you and I ran a race, you would beat me by a mile

Lots of hugs and mummy dust to ya Wendy. So glad you gave us an update. Always sending prayers you are doing better, and not in pain. Backs are nothing to take lightly. Healing takes time, and is never to be rushed. Next year is a great goal, and I hope by the end of this year, you are in a much better place. And I will be there next October, so I too expect you to be fully mobile then.

Pizza for dinner, now chilling

Hi I am :car: for a few minutes. Had a nice dinner with my friend and the family. The teens came back and are doing homework. I finally get some computer time with a little cooler air in my room.

Mac - thanks for the welcome back it felt nice. I miss talking with everyone when I get side tracked and busy. I have only been to six flags NY, NJ, Maryland and MA. There are a few others I would like to try. I have heard the one in Illinois is great! I am hoping people will come Sunday because I made it last minute. She loves celebrating her birthday with people. She says it is a day that makes her feel special.

Lynne I have been watching this report go up and down for three days. It is so frustrating. The rain is suppose to linger till after noon then still has a possibility of showers during the day. We drive down 3 hours in the morning and stay for the day. We usually stay over not to far then drive home on Sunday. Liv really is uncomfortable in the rain at the parks so we tend to avoid them if possible. I would hate to drive all that way and spend the money on the hotel for only a few hours. That's cool only living an hour away. I love that park compared to ours.

Agavegirl nice to see you post and recovering well. Sorry about postponing the trip

Tlinus - hi and nice to have you back.

I am off to do things then bed. I am not a good sleeper so try different things to get some.

Have a great night!

Will be waiting until you come back and tell us about the kiddos

They grow up too fast

So. Oldest Bean is now 23. Living her best life in South Philly with her :love:

Middle Bean just entered her Sophomore Year at Pitt.

Little bean is DEFINITELY not little anymore. 5'8, 185lbs of pure muscle and is now a Junior in High School.

I blinked. they are grown up adults-like people now :rotfl:

That being said, I need to figure out how to upload pics from a "then and now" type arrangement.

Headed back to O Town the 24th through the 30th. Anyone there??

And tlinus brings us minonions !

For those that don’t know her, she is a homie that started with us in the beginning

Believe she was on my original thread in the community board when it was the “Test” thread
Which evenually turned into this San thread

Welcome home Tracie!

:grouphug:

I WAS THERE!!!! Its so nice to be home again :love:

Tlinus, so funny, I worked in South Philly for 15 years, and my little one really hopes to be accepted at Pitt, as she graduates this coming June.

IMG_7115 (1).JPG Checking out the new feather babies-IMG_7123.JPG My favorite-told the kids to line up for a pic and dog comes bounding over for a photo bomb-kids and dog look so young!
IMG_7121.JPG Squeaky bone toy he got for Christmas several years ago. He slept with it in his bed just like a little kid
IMG_7119.JPG In his happy place-he loved snow and winter!
We lost him yesterday at 1:52. Peaceful with pet hospice. Been a rough past day and son is not handling well. It will take some time and adjustment to not have him around. Got our puppy Feb 2006, found out I was pregnant with son 6 months later, so he has only known having the dog around. Kids teachers have been incredible with them both. Had to let both older daughters and summer daughter know over phone, they expected it but still hard.

Thank you to all who have expressed sympathy and support.:grouphug: It really does help to know others are there with you.

Wedding Anniversary day!!! 26 years on Wednesday.........now we think we may be going out for a meal as friends have asked what we’re doing.........didn’t plan to do anything........we just celebrate both in Orlando usually......
Happy Anniversary! And thank you for your trip reports-I have been reading the new one past couple days, your upbeat descriptions have been a great and welcome distraction!

Marshmellow is having surgery as I type this!!
Glad to hear she is home and recovering.

Maybe I will go clean a couple of litter boxes....that usually kills my appetite. Bleh!!!
New diet trend!

She will be 17 on Monday:scared1:.
Wow! goes so fast-Happy almost birthday to her!

Believe she was on my original thread in the community board when it was the “Test” thread
Which evenually turned into this San thread
OOH charter member! how neat!:wave2: Thank you Mac for making this such a welcoming place!
Today, I got the "wow, your recovery is weeks ahead of schedule" notice. My X-rays are textbook and my pain not really an issue.
Ok I am going with the positive here and hope your recovery continues to speed along and pain remains controlled/nonissue!!

Had our Wine tasting event/fundraiser last night. Was a good distraction-and went fabulously well. Amazed at this group of women...

Watching Inside Out...think the boy is going to fall asleep on me soon. Needs the sleep. I do too!

MonyK, so sorry to hear of dog’s passing. So hard to loose a loved pet. Sending hugs to all.

Getting late for me too, night all.

So sorry to hear of your dog's death. It will be 3 years at thanksgiving I lost my 19 1/2 yr old cat. I still think about her. Her name was 99, one of the ugliest cats I have ever seen, but I still loved her.

Monyk, at a time like this wish you lived closer to where I am so I could go to your house and give you a big hug
Hugs are so needed at this time

It is so hard to lose part of your family and know you all are grieving since this day has come

Thank you for sharing all the pictures of your beautiful pet

So sorry to hear of your dog's death. It will be 3 years at thanksgiving I lost my 19 1/2 yr old cat. I still think about her. Her name was 99, one of the ugliest cats I have ever seen, but I still loved her.

What a special name for your kitty

An adorable name!

That’s fantastic she had such a long life
Probably she did due to your love and care for her

I’m glad you joined us here!
Pull up a chair and stick around
We love adding more homies to our family here

We are just a chat group that shares what is on our mind and hearts

So. Oldest Bean is now 23. Living her best life in South Philly with her :love:

Middle Bean just entered her Sophomore Year at Pitt.

Little bean is DEFINITELY not little anymore. 5'8, 185lbs of pure muscle and is now a Junior in High School.

I blinked. they are grown up adults-like people now :rotfl:

That being said, I need to figure out how to upload pics from a "then and now" type arrangement.

Headed back to O Town the 24th through the 30th. Anyone there??

Frank the tank ?
Impossible!

He’s still the baby ........

And the girls grew up too....

How can that be since we all are still 35 years old

Super you’ll be in Orlando when many of us will be
I’ll be there 9/26 to 10/12

We need to have a big meet up
which will include all our newbies here and invisible friends that read along in the thread

I know we have some shy homies that prefer to read and not post

But they are included also whenever there is a meet up in Orlando

Hi Homies! I am not even going to pretend to keep up or even read the over 13 pages since I last even looked at the thread.

I have been recovering from spinal surgery and today, I had a six week checkup. It went very well. But....

I had to cancel my October Orlando trip.
I had to take off work (I do not get sick time) and made no money for two months.
I go back tomorrow for ONE WHOLE HOUR to assess my additional needs to actually work.
US Orlando has been rescheduled for 2019 but until I get that "your spine is totally fused" notice....nothing is for sure.
But of course, all you nurse people know...NO Bending, Lifting or Twisting until further notice.

Oh Wendy........bless you!!

I can imagine how it’s been for you since your surgery........and I’m so sorry you had to cancel your trip.......hoping you can focus on next years trip now........

And sounds like work will be possible with some help........good to hear.

I suppose no housework is a real bonus for a while!!! Sending you many good wishes Wendy........so glad you popped in to update us, we did wonder how you were doing..........:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter