Something About Nothing ... #12

Happy TGIF everyone!! Just arrived in Orlando this morning!! We had to move the rest of the small stuff out of Troy's apartment and turn in the keys today. The lease ends before the end of the month. So, we did work all day today and have a day and a half of fun!! We're here until Sunday. Staying at the JW Marriott- heading over to UO tomorrow!!

Charade- Yay that Caspian was just playing hide and seek!!

Oops
I missed the memo that it was today for you being in Orlando

Now that he is all moved out of the apartment, it is pattyw play time at the parks

Have fun !

That thunder and lightning gave lots of rain to the Southern part of our city, but nary a drop where were were. Won't escape the rain today, tomorrow and Sunday. Overcast and muggy start, at 75 early this morning. Rain expected to make the late afternoon a rain filled one, with spotty thunderstorms. Then a damp and dreary week-end, with the temp on Sunday almost 30 degrees cooler than the past few days. Yesterday, 96, today, 85, tomorrow, 75, and Sunday, expected to only be 68. Eek, wet and pant weather. Not a nice week-end in store. Oh well, we will have some glorious ones by October, so hopping Bobbie and her kid gang can enjoy 6 Flags before they close for the season. I don't think they do any Halloween stuff like Hershey and Dorney Parks, but I agree, it's a nice park to walk around in.
Sounds like our weekend, has been raining on/off for a couple hours already. Think chickies are tucked into nice dry coop. Thinking son's soccer game will be cancelled tomorrow. Have a couple giant mushrooms growing in yard...TS Gordon remnants is about to hit a major rain storm coming other way right over us...Is it Florence hitting you Lynne?

10:23, purchase made. Sigh, she's lucky I'm still functioning at that hour of a week night.
Ahh you are a good sport!

even after this short work week, even if a crappy one at that.
crappy week? yep. Crappy weekend weather? yep.

much prefer to wing it and see..........
mmm some of the best stuff comes from that, sounds delicious!! . Problem is when the kids are STILL talking about the roast a week later and you "winged it" it can be a problem LOL!

He finally came strolling into the bedroom like he had been there all along. I still don’t know where he was hiding all morning.
LOL! Glad he is ok. I swear animals just like to give extra grey hairs...

Dinner was honey sesame chicken (crockpot), rice (rice cooker) steamed broccoli (microwave). So dinner was easy and and the wine is enjoyed a bit more. Thought I would be later getting home today-had to do my quarterly visit to an AL-but didn't realize being all on computer I'd get done in literally 1/2 the time., and hour drive each way. My hours charged to this place went from 7.5-8 to 4.5. Ah well, nice to be home early.

Anyone watching the Purge series?

Have fun Patty!!!

Hey all, trying to catch up, it’s been a week from heck. To be expected being the first one of PT for foot and various other things they are finding amiss. Bit worried re being in fighting form by the 28th. DH sez his Rx is to take two shots (my choice of booze) and keep on trucking in the parks. May take him up on that advice since medically necessary lol.

Looking forward to quiet weekend, i hope lol.

Carole - I missed your big day! Hope you and the lord of the manor have many more wonderful years together.:)

Ee
Who else got their magic bands already?

I will
Keep mine in my sock
Drawer

In case I panic and can’t remember where I put them
Push me
In the direction to find theM

Lol you could always tell me, you know i take entrusted secrets it to the grave. Unfortunately, i’d Also have to remember haha

I have all mine linked in a chain that i keep threatening to use for a xmas garland.

Mac, I have all colors in the old style bands and now in the new ones too. This time I chose pink and purple. The boys got green and orange for Trey and red and yellow for Austin. I may have enough to decorate a mini tree for Christmas.

I put a quarter pork loin in the crockpot and added what I thought was onion soup on top...not...someone had put a packet of cheesy mix tuna helper in the onion soup box:headache: ....I found another box of onion soup and added it too...should be interesting :rolleyes1

I detest the larger size of the new ones. Too big for my dainty wrist. Ok, stop snickering ladies, my wrists are still petite lol

Thank you ladies for the anniversary wishes.........I’m a very lucky lady married to a wonderful man........too much schmalz?? :laughing:

Charade I adore cooking........I cook all of our meals from scratch, only exception is takeout.......we don’t have ready made frozen convenience meals........but I have the time and do love cooking.......baking I enjoy but it’s a hit and miss.....but I do bake a lot too. Cooking I love.

Had a fabulous day out.

Drove almost two hours to meet friends we hadn’t seen for years for lunch and spend the afternoon with them.....it was her birthday too so we had a lovely exchange of gifts too!!

Lunch was lovely, and catching up was wonderful, it was like we only saw them yesterday instead of ten years ago. We chatted and laughed the whole day away........

Then tonight spent a couple of hours baking as Kyle and his colleagues are doing a charity event tomorrow.....so loads of things baked and thankfully all turned out perfectly........hoping they make a lot of money for a lovely little local charity.

Time to sit down with a glass of wine (another ::yes::)

I am as dim as they come, didn’t connect the dots duh. Glad you had a nice get-together to celebrate.

Hi Homies! I am not even going to pretend to keep up or even read the over 13 pages since I last even looked at the thread.

I have been recovering from spinal surgery and today, I had a six week checkup. It went very well. But....

I had to cancel my October Orlando trip.
I had to take off work (I do not get sick time) and made no money for two months.
I go back tomorrow for ONE WHOLE HOUR to assess my additional needs to actually work.
US Orlando has been rescheduled for 2019 but until I get that "your spine is totally fused" notice....nothing is for sure.
Today, I got the "wow, your recovery is weeks ahead of schedule" notice. My X-rays are textbook and my pain not really an issue.
But of course, all you nurse people know...NO Bending, Lifting or Twisting until further notice.

Has to be frustrating. Kudos on going thru the process with a positive attitude. Wishing you the best.

So. Oldest Bean is now 23. Living her best life in South Philly with her :love:

Middle Bean just entered her Sophomore Year at Pitt.

Little bean is DEFINITELY not little anymore. 5'8, 185lbs of pure muscle and is now a Junior in High School.

I blinked. they are grown up adults-like people now :rotfl:

That being said, I need to figure out how to upload pics from a "then and now" type arrangement.

Headed back to O Town the 24th through the 30th. Anyone there??

Chimed in on HHN thread. Hope u get to see SThings

Thanks again for thinking of our family. It's going to be weird for awhile-I look for him when I get home as he always got petted when I came in door. Then a check of his food/water. Swear I heard his sigh as I opened dishwasher door yesterday - he liked to lay right in front of it as that is where the vent is for a/c, nice cool tile-he'd sigh and get up when I had to open the door.
There was a quote on FB page from a friend about pets-"Maybe the reason I love animals so much, is because the only time they have ever broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge".
Now this is a story!! Wow!

Love your story of your beloved 99-and what a cool name. I am so sorry the pictures made you cry but appreciate the empathy:hug: Our family spent some time yesterday sending pictures back and forth that we'd taken of him. We all started by saying "I don't have many" and then as we searched-realized we had tons. My son didn't have any with him as he is new to his phone. That is how it started with the picture sharing-finding some so he could have with him.

Where do you usually stay? We've stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour the past 2 trips with kids (our favorite resort!). Staying at Marriott Harbour Lake in a couple weeks as they were only one with Thursday check in date I wanted.

So done with work. Miss having my days off during week. Thought I was getting one next week, but need to cover one last visit of a home I am dropping in October-tried to get out of september visit. Oh well-the $$ will be nice when check comes in October!

Husband had to go to other side of state this am for work. Left right before I got up-walk into kitchen and see his wallet sitting on table:scared1:. Luckily he hadn't gone too far and I drove to meet him part way. I have a pocket on my phone I keep my DL and emergency CC in-I always have my phone and keys and I have left purse behind before.
Lunch break waaayyy over.

Oh, i really feel for you. Truly the most difficult part of pet ownership. Try to remember the good times and stay busy.

Charade hope the cheesecakes are a big success for your party........always love a good party!!!

Mac......yep......when I bake I make enough for everyone........::yes::

MonyK........yes, trying to recreate that “perfect” dish can be trying.......lol......I usually manage it though......it’s when friends ask for recipes and some like specifics.......I add a bit of this and bit more of that......they don’t like it!! But suits my way of cooking.......never had a disaster yet.......apart from when I almost mixed up bbq seasoning I very rarely use, with hot cayenne pepper!!!

Honey sesame chicken sounds lush!!! And glad you had a shorter working week! Always good........

Thanks Janet.........I know you’ve had a very busy week and a half!!! And yes, hopefully Lord and Lady Schumi will have many many more years of happiness.........:D Enjoy that quiet weekend.........

Quiet weekend in the Schumi household too..........will be checking last minute details for trip, and making sure clothes are all washed and up to date........and still fit!!! Down side of putting on a bit of weight again!! Oops.....will get back to being healthier in October.......:rolleyes1

One of our friends offered to take us to the train station Wednesday as we are trying it out for the first time......nice offer but this guy is always late!!! Not just a few moments......but has been known to be 2 hours late on occasion.......and his wife is the same........so after I stopped laughing I said no thanks.....we have a cab booked! Even he conceded it might be a good idea........lol.......he is adorable though!!

Kyle is out tonight so just the two of us.......not sure what we’ll eat........I do know it’s round to a friends for breakfast this morning.........she called Wednesday to ask us over with a few other couples........it’s usually our home folks gather, so will be nice to go and someone else has done all the work..........I don’t really eat eggs, but she makes the best eggs benedict I have ever tasted!!! Not going till 9.30 though.......I’ll be starving by then!!!

Have a great Saturday :wave2:

Early morning agai for me in cat herding to the kitchen before the sun is out

Still on morning feeding time with the cats

How two little critters can be so hungry all the time is unbelievable

For those that don’t remember
BlueR had teeth pulled back in the late spring

She has zero teeth on the bottom jaw
Some teeth on the top is all she has

She gums the can food and inhales what she can’t chew
Small portions 4 times a day

She is like me
She loves food time!

So much for my lazy sleep in Saturday morning

Watching weather channel and figure some of our homies will be hit with monsoon rain this weekend

Hope you all stay safe

Schumi hope no rain when you fly into Orlando
So far you look safe

Pittsburgh looks like peeps needs a boat today there

Hopefully it will be better later today

Have a safe weekend homies!

Morning all!

I got to be a big girl and stay up late, did’t turn off the tube until after 2 am this morn after chipping away at backlog on DVR. Find myself getting shook away @ 7 am by DH thinking i slept in and missed taking my DS to work. Tomorrow is another day lol

Charade hope the cheesecakes are a big success for your party........always love a good party!!!

Mac......yep......when I bake I make enough for everyone........::yes::

MonyK........yes, trying to recreate that “perfect” dish can be trying.......lol......I usually manage it though......it’s when friends ask for recipes and some like specifics.......I add a bit of this and bit more of that......they don’t like it!! But suits my way of cooking.......never had a disaster yet.......apart from when I almost mixed up bbq seasoning I very rarely use, with hot cayenne pepper!!!

Honey sesame chicken sounds lush!!! And glad you had a shorter working week! Always good........

Thanks Janet.........I know you’ve had a very busy week and a half!!! And yes, hopefully Lord and Lady Schumi will have many many more years of happiness.........:D Enjoy that quiet weekend.........

Quiet weekend in the Schumi household too..........will be checking last minute details for trip, and making sure clothes are all washed and up to date........and still fit!!! Down side of putting on a bit of weight again!! Oops.....will get back to being healthier in October.......:rolleyes1

One of our friends offered to take us to the train station Wednesday as we are trying it out for the first time......nice offer but this guy is always late!!! Not just a few moments......but has been known to be 2 hours late on occasion.......and his wife is the same........so after I stopped laughing I said no thanks.....we have a cab booked! Even he conceded it might be a good idea........lol.......he is adorable though!!

Kyle is out tonight so just the two of us.......not sure what we’ll eat........I do know it’s round to a friends for breakfast this morning.........she called Wednesday to ask us over with a few other couples........it’s usually our home folks gather, so will be nice to go and someone else has done all the work..........I don’t really eat eggs, but she makes the best eggs benedict I have ever tasted!!! Not going till 9.30 though.......I’ll be starving by then!!!

Have a great Saturday :wave2:

Maybe monyk will share that recipie. I tried one along that line a while ago but it got too watery, all the cornstarch in the world couldn’t save the sauce.

Can’t beat an amazing eggs Benedict! Too bad the majority are dried out messes. I’ve been hankering for Turkey Devonshire, bit of local speciality. I’ve never attempted to make it but so decadent few restuarants offer it any longer.

Choo choo express! Conjures up Agatha Christie :)

Early morning agai for me in cat herding to the kitchen before the sun is out

Still on morning feeding time with the cats

How two little critters can be so hungry all the time is unbelievable

For those that don’t remember
BlueR had teeth pulled back in the late spring

She has zero teeth on the bottom jaw
Some teeth on the top is all she has

She gums the can food and inhales what she can’t chew
Small portions 4 times a day

She is like me
She loves food time!

So much for my lazy sleep in Saturday morning

Watching weather channel and figure some of our homies will be hit with monsoon rain this weekend

Hope you all stay safe

Schumi hope no rain when you fly into Orlando
So far you look safe

Pittsburgh looks like peeps needs a boat today there

Hopefully it will be better later today

Have a safe weekend homies!

Nothing like a pet doing a tap dance on your head in the am lol

Stroke, stroke. Naw, the first band is just coming in, a break at noon with steady rain later today.

Upped the toke to 5.5 inches expected. I am seriously hoping bulk of it blows thru before monday am!

All about football here :) The much anticipated PITT PSU game should be interesting this evening. No idea if Cleveland will be clear for Steelers game tomorrow.

So, who do u root for now? Have you adopted a new home-town team?

Good morning everyone. I’m up earlier than I want to be on a Saturday. B and I are headed back to Roanoke to redo one of her dance photos. I hate the hour drive, but at least we can get a good lunch before coming home. Roanoke has many more restaurant choices than my town. I suspect we might get BBQ. B”s favorite BBQ place in our town closed yesterday. She was very upset about this.

Macraven - I ended up with 30 cheesecakes. Well, 29 since I ate one this morning. Umm.....had to check that they tasted okay before giving them to other people. I would be happy to share with the homies if we weren’t all so far apart.

Keisha - Hope you are feeling better when it’s time to hit the parks.

Schumi - Hoping for good weather for you.

This board is invading my dreams again. Last night I dreamed that I was in a large room with a bunch of people. I was trying to get ready to go to Universal, but people in the room kept coming and going and leaving the door open while I was trying to get dressed. I woke up before I ever made it to the park.

Woot, musta needed the sleep. Told older one, massive headache, will lay down for a bit before dinner. That was 4:30 pm yesterday. Woke up at 9pm when older one complained had to make his own dinner. Heard DH come in around 11, he handed me the phone, little one was partying at her friend’s and wanted to sleep over. DH complained, but after I said you have to pick her up, little one got to sleep over. Woke up around 3 am, then after hearing a quite noisy downpour, went back to sleep until 8 am. Feel much better, and made cheesy pepper eggs for breakfast. Awws, DH went and got me iced coffee. So nice, though I see he must have had a doughnut, but hey, beggars cannot be choosers. And coffee was just the way I like it. Guess once in awhile, he remembers, or got lucky, LOL

Keisha, hope you are not floating away. Yep, we might feel the outer bands of the hurricane by the end of this coming week. Hope your PT goes well and you will be hoofing around the parks at the end of the month.

MonyK, you can come cook anytime. I have a crockpot, but it sits in the cabinet until winter, when I want to make hot meals.

Letting older one sleep. DH already went out again.

Thank goodness it is Saturday. We should all eat at Schumi’s or MonyK’s then have dessert at Charade’s.

Mac, that is why I had dogs. We had them trained that they did not get up until we did.

Hehe, DH asked how little one got to friend’s. Um, they all drive now. :scared1: No, really, but I do think little one is a better driver than most of her friends. :D

Superbly Super Saturday to all the homies. Hope Patty is having fun at the Dark Side today. Safe travels and fun trip. Nice kid is now settling in.

:umbrella:

Morning all!

I got to be a big girl and stay up late, did’t turn off the tube until after 2 am this morn after chipping away at backlog on DVR. Find myself getting shook away @ 7 am by DH thinking i slept in and missed taking my DS to work. Tomorrow is another day lol

Maybe monyk will share that recipie. I tried one along that line a while ago but it got too watery, all the cornstarch in the world couldn’t save the sauce.

Can’t beat an amazing eggs Benedict! Too bad the majority are dried out messes. I’ve been hankering for Turkey Devonshire, bit of local speciality. I’ve never attempted to make it but so decadent few restuarants offer it any longer.

Choo choo express! Conjures up Agatha Christie :)

Nothing like a pet doing a tap dance on your head in the am lol

Stroke, stroke. Naw, the first band is just coming in, a break at noon with steady rain later today.

Upped the toke to 5.5 inches expected. I am seriously hoping bulk of it blows thru before monday am!

All about football here :) The much anticipated PITT PSU game should be interesting this evening. No idea if Cleveland will be clear for Steelers game tomorrow.

So, who do u root for now? Have you adopted a new home-town team?

The rain cancelled last night's HS football game. Frank (as President of the Junior Class) has to work the snack stand every home game. all of the food they ordered to sell, pretty much wated. They are going to try again for tonight at 7.

Boo....can't stand when DH wakes me up on the only day I get to have a sleep in morning. Try again tomorrow!

PITT vs PSU - I don't know what to do......I mean I have always been a PSU girl. But now Court goes to PITT (and they looked GOOD last week).

Have a great Saturday Homies!! We are dodging the raindrops and just doing all the chores today.

15 days until Orlando :yay:

The rain cancelled last night's HS football game. Frank (as President of the Junior Class) has to work the snack stand every home game. all of the food they ordered to sell, pretty much wated. They are going to try again for tonight at 7.

Boo....can't stand when DH wakes me up on the only day I get to have a sleep in morning. Try again tomorrow!

PITT vs PSU - I don't know what to do......I mean I have always been a PSU girl. But now Court goes to PITT (and they looked GOOD last week).

Have a great Saturday Homies!! We are dodging the raindrops and just doing all the chores today.

15 days until Orlando :yay:

My older 2 DS have game tix but stressing it might be cancelled now.

I’ve taken classes and paid tuition to both schools with the boys but when it comes to college football...PITT will always be “it” :). I’m old enough to remember walking up cardiac hill to the old stadium.

Did Court get in on the lottery for any of the games?

They eked the HS games in last night, my DS’ team took a real beat down, probably wish it had been rained out lol.

My older 2 DS have game tix but stressing it might be cancelled now.

I’ve taken classes and paid tuition to both schools with the boys but when it comes to college football...PITT will always be “it” :). I’m old enough to remember walking up cardiac hill to the old stadium.

Did Court get in on the lottery for any of the games?

They eked the HS games in last night, my DS’ team took a real beat down, probably wish it had been rained out lol.

Bummer about the loss....get back to it next week!

Court REALLY wanted to go to this game, but none of her friends are really into football. I told her she needs new friends LOL!!

There is a game watch party somewhere on campus tonight (she is in her second year at Greensburg Campus - next year on Main!!)

Glad the cheesecakes were a success Charade.....and hope your party goes well!!!

mac....I was up early too today......for no real reason other than I was awake...…..could have slept later as we weren't leaving till 9am......but, 6am.....I could have fed your kitties if it hadn't been for time difference and distance......lol.....maybe not then......the thought was there...….:D

Lynne sounds like a quiet day for you.....enjoy it!!!

Keisha hope the weather isn't as bad as forecast and it does indeed sweep past you quickly...…..never heard of Turkey Devonshire???? I`m off to google.....I have had a few sauces in my time that cornflour couldn't save!!!

I love trains...….and yes it evokes memories of Murder on the Orient Express......although our trains bear no resemblance whatsoever to the grandeur of that!!!

I`ve always had a hankering to go on the Trans Siberian Express...…..then Tom pointed out how cold it was over there...….yep, I`m out!!! Have never done the Orient Express...….:scratchin

Enjoy your weekend...…...keep dry!!!!

Did enjoy breakfast...….she knows how to do a fancy spread.....felt as if we were back in Sapphire falls...…..

Did have I egg Benedict.....she did everyone 2 but I shared mine.....loads of smoked salmon and bacon and a couple of pancakes there too...…..and as always....an adult beverage...…..nothing wrong with Mimosas for breakfast...……:D Yep, tom was driving today...…….

Planning to finally watch Trick R Treat tonight...….hope it`s good...…….

Have a great Saturday...……...

Schumi I will leave the front door unlocked for you tonight so you can let yourself in and feed the kitties tomorrow morning

Just let me sleep in to 6:30 and then I’ll get up and make you tea

Charade you come over also and bring cheesecake
Glad it turned out to your liking

Schumi, you and I can have breakfast Sunday morning then

Keisha .... well did you get the boy to work today??
How’s the foot?

Tlinus, can’t believe frank the tank is that old
Just can’t be...
And the girls grew up also
Stop the clock!

Lynne the sleep was the best thing for you!
Your headache last night must have been a doozy
Good you are feeling better today

To all the other homies
:wave:

Good afternoon Sans family:goodvibes... lots of talk of yummy food is giving me some cravings:thumbsup2....I am just popping for a minute I have to get ready to go to my niece's bridal shower.

Mac It's amazing what cats can do with little or no teeth. I have two cats with no teeth and one with a couple. My two with no teeth just swallow their hard food.:scared1: The other one seems to get by too. They are so much healthier and happier without the teeth. It is so awesome they have a wonderful caretaker for them.

I hope all who are traveling over this next week have great weather and stay safe. We need to start doing an anti-hurricane dance. :scratchin

Have a great day my friends:goodvibes

bobbie68, I expect one of my cats will end up with more teeth extracted in the future.
she has some jawbone disease and nothing we can do to stop it.
she has now turned 3 years old and other kitty turned 5 a week ago.

the surgeon vet told us cats can still "gum" hard food and can live a decent life.

I have been watching tv and the weather.
I don't leave until sept 26 and haven't seen any weather issues up for my flight days yet.

I feel so bad for those that have plans to fly or drive next week as not everyone can rearrange vacation time from work

Is this party day for Liv or is it tomorrow?
I hope you have a good turn out to the party!

Our high today is to reach 92 but tonight will drop to 69 or is predicted.

Weather not an issue for me as if it is hot outside, the ac cools us off.
If temps drop, heat pump.....

Hi Mac the party is tomorrow. Thanks:goodvibes:goodvibes She has invited about 4 friends plus we have some family. I wish more were able to make it she really enjoys her birthday and celebrating it. I know it is hard to get a date where everyone she wants can come. However, the people who can't make it do send her a card so that is appreciated. I already told the privates :laughing: they have to be up early to help clean and get ready.

I am not familiar with jawbone diseases in cats. It sounds so awful!

I feel so sorry for your kitty.:sad1: love how us pet parents take good care of our pets. Yes the vet told us that to about the gumming of the food. However, I think mine just is impatient. I am so glad I had the two with Stomatitis have all their teeth out. The infections have been down so much! The other guy we adopted had periodontal disease at age 7. His breath was awful but is much better. My youngest about 10 months has stinky breath o_Oand red gums. She will be looked at next. I agree with your vet surgeon about having a good life. Mine are amazingly happy and playful. I know it can be expensive but they are our fur babies and we take care of them.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Poor kitties with teeth issues. My boxer lost some teeth, as she was rock eater. Yeah I know, why rocks. She never told me why. Oh well, she was a very good eater until the end.

Out shopping. What ya do on a rainy day. Eek, Keisha, on the radar was a big blob of dark green and yellow. Us, thankful that the heavy downpours are mostly now north of us, just light rain so far. Man, radar shows storms stretching from the coast out as far as midwest. Huge swath of bad weather. We have coastal storm watches and local flooding watches to last the whole weekend.

Hope all are doing well.

Bobbie.....hope the party is a big success and Liv has a lovely time...….it is hard to get everyone together......I`m sure it`ll be lovely...….

mac...….you`re on!!!!! You know I`m a morning person......so will happily feed them...…...bacon for breakfast?? :D

Lynne...….Glad you`re not too bad weather wise...….yep, shopping will work to pass one of those days away!!!

Got Trick R Treat lined up for an hour or so...….wine is opened and snacks will be laid out...…..kinda like a real movie/date night...……:cloud9: Just hope the movie is good......but will be nice to see things we recognize on HHN...……

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone is on normal tv right now...….hard to not watch, but we had a binge watch when we came home in July...….Alan Rickman is a fabulous actor!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter