Something About Nothing ... #12

Good Morning Homies!! Hey out there!!!! Happy Tuesday :D

Darn this working thing getting in the way of my play time :guilty:

Another Gray Day in the Mid-Atlantic Region, slightly warmer today, but still YUCK.

Daughter's campus was flooded yesterday, closed down at noon :scared: She is fine, her car is fine, but warned her not to mess with flooding! It can be fine one minute then super dangerous the next.

This will be a 5 day work week for many

We need to create more holidays so there are more 3 day weekends

Too bad I’m retired and can’t takw advantage of the shorter work week

Just saying....

So tlinus fill me in again on your darkside park dates

My brain at this time of the morning is more like a Seive
I think it would be fun to
See you at the drkside

And Schumi How many more sleep for you?&

Mac, I will be in the Magic Kingdom on the 25th, don't know where yet the 26th, The 27th is going to be a pool day as we have the HUGE Microsoft Party at both Universal Parks on the 27th at night. The 28th is Uni/HHN. We may lay low on Saturday the 29th, maybe go to CityWalk for an early dinner as our flight is at 7:14AM on Sunday. That's not going to be fun.....at all.....

Schumi!!! PACKING DAY!!!! Get to it, lady :-)

Let me jump back to work, I need plenty of $$ to play with on vacation!!

Tlinus I will be at Epcot on the 26 th
Will you still be at the motherland that date ?

I dont move to the darkside until the 30th but looks like you will be home then

For your next Orlando trip, have your people call my people so we can arrange to be there at the same time in the parks

Yoga classes?

I guess that means you are thin and trim

Thanks for the heads up so I will suck my big gut in whenever I do meet youse

(It helps me look not as fat when I do that)
Lol

Ha! Thin and Trim are two words that I would not use to describe me at. all. But we can still pretend.....

Hey Peeps! Hope everyone NE of me stays safe during & after Florence. We’ve been through 6 hurricanes and by miracles, have been spared with just minimal damage.

I am always super sad on 9/11 & have shed a few tears already today. I was very moved to hear President Trump memorialize in particular my work colleague, Andrew Garcia, at the Flight 93 service today. Can’t believe 17 years already.

On a happier note, another one of the kittens was adopted yesterday by a friend of a friend so now we only have 1 more kitten to find a home for. I am hoping my husband gives in & says we can keep her though. Marshmellow is doing great & happily keeping our lanai lizard-free. She has NO interest on going back out into the world so I guess we now have 3 cats ( possible 1 more) & a dog, all female. Poor hubs is severely outnumbered!!

Safe travels to Schumi!! If there is an official meet up of the group at UA or anywhere in Orlando coming up, please ping me!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!!

Last edited:

Hey Peeps! Hope everyone NE of me stays safe during & after Florence. We’ve been through 6 hurricanes and by miracles, have been spared with just minimal damage.

I am always super sad on 9/11 & have shed a few tears already today. I was very moved to hear President Trump memorialize my work colleague, Andrew Garcia, at the Flight 93 service today. Can’t believe 17 years already.

On a happier note, another one of the kittens was adopted yesterday by a friend of a friend so now we only have 1 more kitten to find a home for. I am hoping my husband gives in & says we can keep her though. Marshmellow is doing great & happily keeping our lanai lizard-free. She has NO interest on going back out into the world so I guess we now have 3 cats ( possible 1 more) & a dog, all female. Poor hubs is severely outnumbered!!

Safe travels to Schumi!! If there is an official meet up of the group at UA or anywhere in Orlando coming up, please ping me!

Very sorry about your friend lost on 9/11:hug:

Yay on the kittens! Come on DH! Give in! :cat:

I just PM'd everyone about meeting up! It's so close!! :cheer2:

Quick fly by-have to get cracking on work!
Hi to all!!
gorgeous day again today-actually bit cool this am-supposed to be back in low 80's rest of week. Have a chicken molting (cuddle chicken)-she looks so uncomfortable and it is her first molt. At least it is above freezing (when the others like to shed all their feathers!).
She is fine, her car is fine, but warned her not to mess with flooding! It can be fine one minute then super dangerous the next.
Thank goodness she is ok. and no messing with flooding. Flash flooding over the weekend took the life of one of our county deputies, responding to a 911 call. Our neighbors are a county deputy and a state trooper, so it has hit them hard.

my work colleague, Andrew Garcia, at the Flight 93 service today. Can’t believe 17 years already.
:grouphug:. 17 years -seems both like just happened and so long ago. 2 of my kids weren't around then, and the oldest doesn't have memories of that day. Us adults will never forget...

Stay safe and hope the storms pass by without damage to those in Flo's path!

Tgrgrl……...many hugs. I know no one will ever forget that day.

What a day!!!

All packed though...…….:D

Thanks for the well wishes on travelling...…..setting off early am on the train!!! Quite excited about getting to and from airport by train for a change...…..will be different.

Think we are going to avoid Florence...…...we can fly around it if need be.

One more time, safe travels to Schumi and to all those in the hurricane’s path.

Tgrgrl, so sorry to hear you loss of a friend during 9/11. I remember watching the news with my 2 week old baby in my arms, tears running down my face at the loss of so many. May we never forget.

On a happy note, overcast and some rain, but a bit warmer. Stuffed from all the good food. Now, it is a what for dinner mode time.

May all have a restful night.

Hey all, still drizzling here. lots of roads washed away here, basements flooded. DS thought his issue was solved, nope. He & DH are going to start to eliminate all the likely suspects starting with cutting off the downspouts from main drain & reroute into yard. It’s illegal in most area boroughs to have it hooked up like that anyway as it overtaxes the older systems.

Praying Florence’s rain on sunday takes a hard left, lynne & tracie, notice I didn’t say right.

I LOVE hearing about your gorgeous weather...…...it sounds so nice...….in air conditioned comfort of course ::yes::...…..my head is in the sand about anything else weather wise...……:rolleyes1

Yes, Tom just asked again if I wanted anything to open before we left......I told him no, I don`t need anything. I`ll get a new laptop I think in America....and some bits and bobs...…..and two very nice dinners of course!!!

Don’t forget the leggings lol

Good evening. Busy day today. Just wanted to stop in and say hi before going to bed.

It looks like we may be getting a visit from Florence this weekend. We decided to buy some extra supplies just in case. Here is what the water aisle at our Kroger looked like tonight.

2rztcox.jpg

Wow, hang in there, looks like most of NC will have hands full with flooding

I’m one step ahead in life today
Did my run to the border to the Bell already

Will go back at noon for the regular menu

Overslept and cats got me up after 6

Once they were fed, they took a nap

Hope all are staying safe where Florence is involved

Our temps qill be upper 80’s and return to the 90’s on Thursday

Charade hope you are safe where you are with this storm coming in

And for all others too
Including you too damo!

Probably 20 years since i set foot in a Taco Bell lol but enjoy

Yoga classes?

I guess that means you are thin and trim

Thanks for the heads up so I will suck my big gut in whenever I do meet youse

(It helps me look not as fat when I do that)
Lol

In my book, sucking in one’s stomach (or the attempt thereof) constitutes exercise :)

Ha! Thin and Trim are two words that I would not use to describe me at. all. But we can still pretend.....

I know squat (see what i did there? Ha) re yoga but was surprised that GDs gymnastics training this year included you sessions. They introduces ballet too haha you should hear the girls whine about that. All about control, stamina and lengthening those muscles i’m guessing

I am always super sad on 9/11 & have shed a few tears already today. I was very moved to hear President Trump memorialize in particular my work colleague, Andrew Garcia, at the Flight 93 service today. Can’t believe 17 years already.

Aw, sad to hear re your associate. A somber day here yet tinged with what may sound like inappropriate thankfulness sorry, that the plane went down just past us in relatively unpopulated area! A few minutes difference and it could’ve been an even huger loss of life

Good evening. Well, we have no clue what Florence is going to do. One minute they tell us to expect the worst, then they tell us it won't be so bad. I'm mostly worried about the possibility of flooding. We are supposed to have someone coming Thursday to install the new flooring in B's little room.

Well hello homies. It is taco Tuesday
Once again no tacos, but we did eat Mexican food today.

It was Liv's actual birthday yesterday
Happy belated birthday.

We're lucky- our cats don't wake us up in the morning to eat! They aren't allowed in the bedroom- they patiently wait right in front of the door!
Can they come over and have a chat with Caspian? He will scratch the door and meow until one of us comes out.

I'm so sorry to hear you lost a friend on 9/11. However I am pleased that you found a good home for another kitten.

I'm in the process of trying to empty B's room. It didn't seem like much stuff until I started moving all of it. If you don't hear from me send out a search party.

Good Evening! Its a muggy one here- but its kinds of cool so I have the windows open, but I feel sticky. yuk.

I remember my Grandma talking about where she was when JFK was shot. I remember thinking I would if there will ever be something in my lifetime that will mark my location forever in my memory. Then 9/11 happened. Like others have said sometimes it feels like it was only yesterday, but it feels like its been forever that I have to take my shoes off at the airport. I hardly remember flying before that. (not a complaint, just an observation)

Keisha- I like yoga because it really feels like Im not working that hard, I dont get sweaty and I dont have to be coordinated like in a Zumba class!

Happy birthday Schumi !!

Since your journey starts tomorrow with the train ride, wanted to get the early birthday wishes out to you now

Don’t think you do much checking the thread while you have travel days

:bday:

:cake:

:rainbow:

Have a great vacation!

I remember my Grandma talking about where she was when JFK was shot. I remember thinking I would if there will ever be something in my lifetime that will mark my location forever in my memory. Then 9/11 happened.
I will always remember where I was on 9/11, and also the day the Challenger exploded.

Me too charade
I was at school and parents were coming to take their kids home

It was an unbelievable, upsetting day

9/11 and our world changed

Happy birthday Schumi !!

Since your journey starts tomorrow with the train ride, wanted to get the early birthday wishes out to you now

Don’t think you do much checking the thread while you have travel days

:bday:

:cake:

:rainbow:

Have a great vacation!

Thank you mac for the early birthday and vacation wishes..........

It’ll be strange flying in on my actual birthday.........but fun all the same!!!

Quick drive by..........

Up and raring to go.........

May not get to check dis until we arrive at RP or next day........but will check in.......you know me.......:D

Catch youse on the other side.........

Janet........I will be on the lookout for those :thumbsup2

:wave2:

Your friends will
Celebrate your birthday early since you will traveling

We can't wait to send you birthday greetings

Homies care for all our homies

Well I'm awake now so I hope I can catch the birthday girl before she leaves

:bday::bday::bday:

To you Carole :cake: hope you have a wonderful trip.

images
- is it Wednesday yet? Why yes it is. Yes, you homies keeping track (hello Kiesha), it the middle of most's work week, and after this hump of a day, the week-end becomes so much closer. So,

upload_2018-9-12_6-37-42.jpeg yep, travel to is a great way to spend your birthday. Happy Birthday Schumi. Safe travel, quick train trip, and uneventful flight. Then lots of fun to follow.

Well, that was a WWF, or KMWF, or IWDITC commute. Warm, Wet, and Foggy, Kinda Warm, Wet and Foggy, and I Was Driving In The Clouds. Visibility was just under a mile in the pre-dawn ride. Good thing traffic was light. Guess the rain that fell at around 4:30 this morning only helped the fog. So foggy, and dark. By now, almost a lighter horizon, but nary any yellow or other color than gray.

So, all stay safe during this what is predicted to be a historic storm. Most we may get is some rain, and higher than normal high tides, and rip tides. Bobbie, for now, they are saying the week-end may be dry, though as of now, cannot rule out a shower or two. My phone says sun and clouds on Saturday, and full sun on Sunday. By tomorrow, that should be a little clearer. I hope the weather is good, as last week was quite a wash out, so a nice week-end would be nice for all of us.

With that, oh tea is needed, the stairwell had a not so nice ewww smell, and the AC is still cranking, so sweater is already on, means off to get hot water, and tea. Later homies. Thinking of you all, wishing all well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter