Something About Nothing............ #14

Yeah, never want to be a landlord after stories from a friend couple that finally sold all their places they rented out.

Oh Charade, hope no costly fix. We replaced the water heater when we replaced the heater. Not a cheap winter last year. Hope water company comes out tomorrow

Glad BD dinner was good, Keisha, Happy Birthday to him. Yeah, my adult kids get attitudes too, I’d be showing them the door if they did not leave. The strawberries I got cheap were sweeter than I was expecting. Score. Nice this time of year to get fresh fruit at good prices, and tasting good.

Fading fast, so will leave 💡on for all the homies, so no tripping.

Thanks Lynne, I’ve banged up my legs enough coming in the middle of the night, last night I fell off early, I guess I just missed Mac stopping by.......

Well, I’m still awake. My cat is going nuts right now because there is a small moth somewhere in the house. I saw it up near the ceiling in the kitchen, but it flew away and I have no idea where it went. Caspian is still trying to find it.

I hope he settles down soon so I can t some sleep.

Lynne I still get up early and I retired 2 yrs ago. Old habits die hard!

MRose I love a good thin crust pizza! And garlic knots. My guilty pleasure when I go to an Italian restaurant in Florida. They all serve garlic knots! Unheard of here where we live. You are no fair:guilty: pizza AND Reubens.

keisha that Sangria looks luscious! No corn here yet. It’s too early and all imported. For a ridiculous price like $1 ea! I’ll wait for the local stuff.
I have allergies too and boy oh boy. Heaven forbid you sneeze or cough in public yikes!
Yes our borders are closed to all non essential travel. Both flying or driving. But trade both ways is still happening. Movement of goods etc is happening.

Charade I’m still procrastinating about spare room cleanup!
Yikes I hope leak isn’t too bad. It’s always something isn’t it:-(
Last time we had a basement leak had to replace all the wood flooring.

DisneyLife yep I think you’re good for awhile. Lol.
I’ll never go into having rental properties here. It was a close call when my mother in law passed away. Renting the house was discussed. Glad we didn’t. Rental laws here protect the renters not so much the landlords.

Charade wow! So many horror stories about tenants. And takes so long to get them out. At least here.

Keisha sounds like drama bbq. Glad you enjoyed that sangria!
Never thought about it but you don’t hear much about home robbery these days. But I think porch pirates are still at it. Was on dog walk the other day and saw 2 discarded boxes on the curb. One from Lush and the other from Amazon.

Charade when we got a new furnace we decided to get a hot water on demand system. Love it. No more big tank and uses less gas as you aren’t constantly heating a big water tank.
Caspian off hunting moths! Hopefully with lights out he’ll loose it!

Thanks for leaving light on. Hate stubbing my toe!

Quiet day what else is new! Pushed vacuum around, soaked in hot tub. Cranked off the minutes for our ACW meeting via Zoom (Anglican Church Women’s group). Myself and another woman trade off secretary duties.
Saturday night so brother-in-law was over for dinner. We had bbq burgers.
Monday will be busy, having lunch over at friends patio. Our group is finally getting together yay! Outside on the deck, socially distant but very excited. Then later afternoon I’m getting a hair cut! Trim anyway. Just needs a bit of shape and dead ends cut. Youngest daughter and fiancé joining us for dinner. I’ll be exhausted it’s been so long that I’ve had a busy day!
Sadly I have to wait another week for hair colour as I go to a different salon for that. My hair dresser is allergic to hair colour so his wife does the colour. However after her ruining 2 of my shirts I go elsewhere now.

Tuesday meeting a few friends in the park along the ocean inlet. There’s a great fish n chips kiosk in the park. They even have mushy peas yum! So we’re bringing our chairs and having a fish n chips picnic! Again social distancing. It will sure be good to see friends again. The new normal! Doing the same things just in a new way.

A business I never want to be in again. My first tenant just stopped paying rent after 6 months. I’m not sure why I decided to do it, but I googled my address one day and found a police report. That’s how I found out about the drug bust. The man was not on the lease. It was supposed to be just the woman and her 3 children. They left the house in a mess, and had a dog (not allowed) that chewed siding off the back of the house.
Here is a link to the story. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wral.com/greenville-man-arrested-on-drug-trafficking-charges/2796776/?version=amp

What a dreadful time you had with renting!!! I`m not surprised you`d want to avoid doing that again.

We do it slightly different. We have our holiday home up in the depths of nowhere at the very top of Scotland....we have a local family who have looked after it for years and we never have to advertise as many of the same folks visit year after year.

They do a great job and we pay them to decorate and maintain it.....in 20 years we`ve never had a problem. It`s empty for the first time with the virus though. But, it`s a fun project and thankfully we have never depended on the income it brings as. But, it being so far away from us, we are thankful never to have had any issues or extra costs due to bad guests.

Good luck with the plumbing issues though.....never fun!!!

BD cookout went well, except for the chill in the pool. One of my adult sons Had an annoying attitude, I was a hair away from showing him the door. Let’s just say the sangria went down well after he left lol

Carole i cheated on the fruit, last week bought a few baskets of strawberries on sale & flash froze them :). Usually have lemons & apples floating about. Somebody ate the last two oranges before I repurposed them though.

Glad it went well......and sangria is always welcome!!!!! I never thought on flash freezing fruit like that????? Good idea.....

I`m not really ordering fruit right now as I don`t think the folks picking out the produce for us right now are as fussy as I am.....and the local stores don`t have a great selection. But, we always have lemons and limes......only buy oranges for sangria as no one eats them, same with apples.

I miss avocados as I`m sure they`d either pick a mushy one or a brick hard one.......thankfully everything else has been ok on delivery.

It`s Sunday already........another week completely flown by. And Bank Holiday weekend here so Kyle is off tomorrow as well.

Winds are finally dying down a bit, by tomorrow it`ll be still again, so will leave washing till tomorrow.....so it doesn`t blow away!

Spent a lot of time catching up with friends yesterday, close and in Orlando.......all on Zoom, phone or email. Folks are all so keen to get back to normal, but all are waiting a little longer to start mixing again. I have three close friends that are classed as vulnerable, so no one wants to put them at risk till the picture is a little more definite.

We can meet up with one person from another household but as we can`t go to another country, no visits up to Scotland just yet. Looking forward to when I can go up and see my family again. It seems a long time since I`ve seen them.

Rib roast for dinner today.......lunch will be whatever........

cv1946-XL.jpg

cv1938-M.jpg

Time to start Sunday.........

Last edited:
Yoo who......!

Wife had got us ice cream sundaes, and I was looking at new cameras, next thing I know, why don’t you go get in bed she says.........

Nice morning thunderstorm happening now.

We will be going out to place flowers today at some point.

We place them throughout the year not just on this weekend.

Last couple of years are tough on my wife as she had lost both Mom and Dad within a year of each other.....

7DBE6915-3DBE-4CC1-9F91-379CCA39DAB9.jpeg

Hehe, always enjoy Schumi’s funnies. A laugh in the early morning is always appreciated.

A somber post from DisneyLife. Yeah, for the first time, I don’t have my parents anymore too. And since my dad served in WW ll, we always put a flag on the grave this time of year. Today, there will be a flag and a flower. Hugs to your wife and hope she finds some joy today. And yay, new camera. I am thinking of getting one too, but then I have hundreds of pictures on my phone. So that camera thought is fading. We have an older Canon DSL, that still takes good pictures and we have several lenses for it, so the cost of replacing all is also somewhat keeping me from more serious thinking about.

And a Sunday is here now. And yay, a holiday Monday tomorrow. While our banks will be closed, no bank holiday here, a holiday to remember all military members, including those we lost.

And another hehe, last night little one asked me what I have planned for Sunday. I said I planned absolutely nothing. We have all the grocery items we need for now, and no trash pick up because of the holiday. So while trash will go out of the house today, and I am finishing up the wash, so I would say, we are doing nothing much is right. That to me, is a perfect Sunday.

And older one wanted his eggs Benedict today, for breakfast so was a good thing the English Muffins were buy one get one free, so we have two boxes of those muffins. Guess I need to make the sauce soon enough. It will be fine in the refrigerator, until I need to heat it. Little one’s sandwich will be egg whites, with no meat in it, and bacon on the side. She will not use the sauce either. Me, scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese, and no sauce. That’s why I enjoy a not working day breakfast. Much more cooking by me. And yes, we have enough bacon for everyone. Join in. Though I have to tell ya, the bacon cooking may not be until around lunchtime, as kids are saying breakfast, it may be more like a very late brunch time that will be our muffin eating breakfast.

61F67CFC-3B87-4403-B5E2-8B51FCA5DCC7.jpeg

Yep! And a much lighter Sunday morning for us. Time for tea in a quiet house, with the remote. Absolutely perfect start to this Sunday.

View attachment 496670

Hehe, always enjoy Schumi’s funnies. A laugh in the early morning is always appreciated.

A somber post from DisneyLife. Yeah, for the first time, I don’t have my parents anymore too. And since my dad served in WW ll, we always put a flag on the grave this time of year. Today, there will be a flag and a flower.
Hugs to your wife and hope she finds some joy today. And yay, new camera. I am thinking of getting one too, but then I have hundreds of pictures on my phone. So that camera thought is fading. We have an older Canon DSL, that still takes good pictures and we have several lenses for it, so the cost of replacing all is also somewhat keeping me from more serious thinking about.

And a Sunday is here now. And yay, a holiday Monday tomorrow. While our banks will be closed, no bank holiday here, a holiday to remember all military members, including those we lost.

And another hehe, last night little one asked me what I have planned for Sunday. I said I planned absolutely nothing. We have all the grocery items we need for now, and no trash pick up because of the holiday. So while trash will go out of the house today, and I am finishing up the wash, so I would say, we are doing nothing much is right. That to me, is a perfect Sunday.

And older one wanted his eggs Benedict today, for breakfast so was a good thing the English Muffins were buy one get one free, so we have two boxes of those muffins. Guess I need to make the sauce soon enough. It will be fine in the refrigerator, until I need to heat it. Little one’s sandwich will be egg whites, with no meat in it, and bacon on the side. She will not use the sauce either. Me, scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese, and no sauce. That’s why I enjoy a not working day breakfast. Much more cooking by me. And yes, we have enough bacon for everyone. Join in. Though I have to tell ya, ithe bacon cooking may not be until around lunchtime, as kids are saying breakfast, it may be more like a very late brunch time that will be our muffin eating breakfast.

View attachment 496671

Yep! And a much lighter Sunday morning for us. Time for tea in a quiet house, with the remote. Absolutely perfect start to this Sunday.

Sounds a good day Lynne. And yes, laughter is always good!!!

One of my nicest visits to NY involved being there Memorial Weekend. It was amazing.....we saw the Blue Angels fly over the beach and I had never seen them before. We have the Red Arrows in the UK that mark special occasions. Certainly quite the experience to see them.

Dull and grey here today.......but weirdly warm. To be nicer tomorrow.

Yes, Schumi seeing those planes ✈️ overhead is amazing. They flew over our City for support of medical workers. We did see them that amazing day.

So happy for ya, MonyK, the Lake and weather look perfect. Enjoy your holiday weekend too.

Morning all.....

Dreary start to the day with some sprinkles, but it should clear up. We planted most of our veggies yesterday but now I decided to move my herb garden so we have a bit more to rearrange today. I'm bringing out the hammock later when it's dry and parking for the rest of the day!

Youngest dd's boyfriend is coming over later for dinner (outside) and we're making Indian food. The naan dough is made and in the fridge along with the red chili sambal that I roasted yesterday. We just have to make the marinade and get the chicken in and do the cucumber raita. Can't wait! Not exactly traditional Memorial Day food, but dd requested it. We'll grill tomorrow, not sure what yet, but definitely will grill the corn with whatever meat they dig out of the deep freeze.

View attachment 496632

Found this at Sam’s Club today........think I’ll be good for a while......
LOL! We buy those! And the big jars of garlic stuffed olives and pickles. And sometimes cherry peppers. I think we have a problem!
One of my adult sons Had an annoying attitude, I was a hair away from showing him the door.
Aww, I'm sorry. I had a friend tell me a long time ago "little kids, little problems... big kids, big problems" and it's definitely true. Things are so much easier when they're younger and you can tell them to wise up or go to their room.
Let’s just say the sangria went down well after he left lol
LOL! The sangria looked really delicious!
So it looks like we are in need of a new water heater. I suppose it could be worse. The plumber also checked our meter and said that it is leaking too. Guess we need to call the water company on Tuesday.
Ugh, I'm sorry to heat that.
MRose I love a good thin crust pizza! And garlic knots. My guilty pleasure when I go to an Italian restaurant in Florida. They all serve garlic knots! Unheard of here where we live. You are no fair:guilty: pizza AND Reubens.
Garlic knots are embarrassingly easy to make, so I can't take any special credit for them, lol! You really just tie them in a knot and bake them ( I use my pizza dough and bake on the stone) and then brush them with the garlic/butter when they come out. Do you have a pizza place or bakery near you that you can buy dough off of? We have an Italian bakery near us that does sell dough, but we make our own.
Monday will be busy, having lunch over at friends patio. Our group is finally getting together yay! Outside on the deck, socially distant but very excited. Then later afternoon I’m getting a hair cut! Trim anyway. Just needs a bit of shape and dead ends cut. Youngest daughter and fiancé joining us for dinner.
It sounds like so much fun!
We have both my DH's birthday and my youngest dd's college graduation this week (virtual commencement) so we're trying to figure out what we're doing and if/who we will ask to come over. Our county is going yellow next Friday, but we still have curfew and the 4 person rule in our city that, to my knowledge, hasn't been lifted yet. I have to try to info on that this week and then put something together quickly for both of them.
Tuesday meeting a few friends in the park along the ocean inlet. There’s a great fish n chips kiosk in the park. They even have mushy peas yum! So we’re bringing our chairs and having a fish n chips picnic! Again social distancing. It will sure be good to see friends again. The new normal! Doing the same things just in a new way.
Have some fish and chips for me! I've never had mushy peas, but I've seen them on menus.

Good morning. The cat finally settled down around 1:00 this morning. Now he's asleep in dh's recliner. I am the only one awake right now.

No plans at all for the holiday weekend. I wish the governor would allow the zoos to reopen. I guess our highlight will be getting a new water heater. I should be preparing for my trip to Georgia next weekend, but that's not happening.

I would place a flag on my father's grave this weekend, but unfortunately he is burried in Georgia. He served in the Army for 22 years and some of that was during the Korean conflict. He would be 89 next month if he were still here.

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

23AE7C55-0EB5-4667-956D-8C71A7FB3D92.jpeg

7A07505B-7CC4-437E-8831-42A8D88F2919.jpeg

06C62816-0270-48E8-9CBB-756FFC9A13BC.jpeg

Read back a few pages.

Monyk great pics from the boat. Looks like you all are having a great time.

Kstar I hope baby Hopes foot is healing. Yep, those sweet little toddlers are tough.

DLP.....,hugs to your wife on the lose of her parents.

Mckennarose hope the finger is healing good.

Schumi and Keisha the drinks look good and the food sounds yummy.

Mac one of your lost children is present and accounted for. Now for the others to check in.

Sue get together for friends meal of fish and chips sounds good minus the mushy peas for me.....LOL

Charade hubby and I owned a number of rental properties many moons ago. I was so glad to get rid of them all. To much of a headache. I’am sorry you had to deal with taking a loss on getting rid of your property.

Agavegirl thanks for opening your bag of memes.

All the memes everyone is posting does lighten the mood for sure.

Lynne Eggs Benedict and the other breakfast items for the day sound yummy. God Bless your dad for his service in WWII. So wonderful of you put to flags on his grave.

Mac you were a wonderful daughter to your parents. You honored them both by burying them at Bushnell.

Bobbie68 hope you are feeling better :hug:

Charade God Bless your dad for his service to his country.

Have been busy.....Life does that to you. For weeks it’s nothing then all of a sudden there are more projects needing done then I thought I had to do. I like staying busy. Helps pass the time.

They have been opening businesses in stages here. So far all is well.

Have all my yearly follow ups with docs this time of year. Had one virtual visit and two actual visits. Gave lots of masks to the doc offices I visited. They were happy to have them.

Did get to the salon. All rules followed. Temp was checked on arrival. Mask worn by all. Hair stylists stations are a good distance from each other and only one client per stylist in the salon at a time.

Still making masks. I have a bunch going to pediatric center in hospital. Making some for neighbors sons baseball team.

Grandson was over for couple of days. We so enjoyed his visit. Hubby said to take him home in the Jaguar yesterday with the top down. He loved it. He told me we needed to turn on some music. So he was the Dj for the trip......we had a Corvette and a Audi that wanted to race on the highway. Never fails when in hubby’s car people want to race. The Jaguar could blow doors past both those cars, but I’am not racing anyone with my grandson in the car. I will not race period. Not worth risking life and limb.

Need to change vacation time with grandson. He received his football schedule and it does not work with the time we had in July so will have to move it.

My dad had his annual physical with bloodwork and he does have the antibodies to Covid. The doctor did the test to check to see if he had the antibodies because of Stepmom dying of Covid 2 months ago.

Going to be lazy day today. Sun is shinning today. It hit 90 degrees here yesterday. Wasn’t suppose to be that warm. Had a nice breeze so wasn’t bad.

787B4CCD-EA78-48B2-821E-A319F2CBA401.jpeg

Lots of people out with the holiday weekend here.

Going to drive to my moms grave tomorrow and replace her wreath. She loved the color purple and I found a wreath with purple flowers on it for her grave. It’s about an hours drive from here to her grave in a very small town in Kentucky.

To everyone who might be ailing or injured ( Little Hope and Mckennarose) and others get well soon.

9DF6A94F-ACF1-4DD3-A27F-A4E30181C9FF.gif

To all the Sans family have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

F9722FEB-29B7-4D34-BAE3-4902B2E4602D.gif

mrose......my naan bread never turn out as good as our Indian restaurants......they stay kind of flat and don't puff up......I gave up and just get them from there if I`m cooking my own Indian food.....and glad your restrictions are easing...it`ll be nice to see your celebrations with other family members too.....

Robo.....good to see you......and I`m with you....leave off the mushy peas.....yuk......they`re popular over here with fish and chip places.....no thanks!!! Glad you`re doing well and keeping busy.....

Wasn't it someone`s birthday today???? Or someone`s child`s birthday???

Too many posts to go back through, but I`m sure someone said today...…….or.....oops....have I forgotten a friends birthday!!!!

Must go check notebook.......

Sun is shining again here......and wind has almost gone......finally!!!

Robo, so glad you checked in, and so nice to remember mom with pretty wreath.

Think it was McK’s DH birthday and now I think she said a graduation to celebrate too, I think she said both were last week.

Yeah, I am lazy right now. Wash done, breakfast done, kids did get up earlier than I thought. Guess the smell of coffee did it. LoL. Both iced their coffee. It is a bit cooler, but no rain so far. The weather guy said chance of rain later in the day. No matter, no reason to go out today.

Time for more tea and a search for something sweet.

Good Morning homies, well at least for about 45 minutes more for those of us in the EDT zone.

I’m tied up on the Dis but reading here when i can to stay current.

Janets main squeeze had his bd earlier this month
And Lynne was on the mark for Mrose better half.

I made like an orca in our pool. Water got so cold, refused to un-beach from my raft. Made the mistake of heading up to Ross to see if any outdoor furniture cushions available. Ugly crowd all the way ‘round, quickly left. Will wait for senior hours on Tuesday
Keisha sounds like drama bbq. Glad you enjoyed that sangria!
Never thought about it but you don’t hear much about home robbery these days. But I think porch pirates are still at it. Was on dog walk the other day and saw 2 discarded boxes on the curb. One from Lush and the other from Amazon.
Appears i am a horrible influence & guilty of educating my GD as to “unsavory” things, according to the perfect Grandma (she who hasn’t stepped up to watch said child more than a handful of times in her nearly 10 ten years.

porch pirates (told GD to take in packages to her house when we stopped mid day for something last week)

& strippers (explaining why cardiB was, well, cardiB and I’d prefer she not emulate her nor any of the Kardashians).

Her parents thought it was hysterical, said they wished they had caught the look of horror on the other G’s face.

Ain’t I special?:rolleyes1

only buy oranges for sangria as no one eats them, same with apples.
Oranges go pretty good with some beer...Blue Moon especially
And older one wanted his eggs Benedict today, for breakfast so was a good thing the English Muffins were buy one get one free, so we have two boxes of those muffins. Guess I need to make the sauce soon enough. It will be fine in the refrigerator, until I need to heat it. Little one’s sandwich will be egg whites, with no meat in it, and bacon on the side. She will not use the sauce either. Me, scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese, and no sauce. That’s why I enjoy a not working day breakfast. Much more cooking by me. And yes, we have enough bacon for everyone. Join in. Though I have to tell ya, the bacon cooking may not be until around lunchtime, as kids are saying breakfast, it may be more like a very late brunch time that will be our muffin eating breakfast.
Hey, i want eggs Benedict every morning but only time I find them is on a cruise ship buffet lol.

Have tried to make them several times. Sadly, can’t poach an egg correctly or not ‘break’ a Benedict sauce to save my life.
I guess our highlight will be getting a new water heater. I should be preparing for my trip to Georgia next weekend, but that's not happening.
Sorry on both accounts. Not sure why but I’ve always tended to take it personal when the hot water tank dies. Such a mess when it leaks & annoying to not have hot water until a plumber magically appears. We have strict rules in county...has to be a master plumber, overflow tank etc.
Have all my yearly follow ups with docs this time of year. Had one virtual visit and two actual visits. Gave lots of masks to the doc offices I visited. They were happy to have them.

Did get to the salon. All rules followed. Temp was checked on arrival. Mask worn by all. Hair stylists stations are a good distance from each other and only one client per stylist in the salon at a time.

Still making masks. I have a bunch going to pediatric center in hospital. Making some for neighbors sons baseball team.
I’m still a bit nervous to make my needed appts. Were you satisfied with the VR ones? Not sure what to make of that concept.

Nice score on the salon appt. just saw on news a hairdresser went to work for 8 days and infect 90 something clients. Ugh
Was it Keisha’s hubby’s birthday? Think I read she was having a birthday barbecue for him this weekend.

Happy birthday to Keisha hubby
We draw out all celebrations in my family :), they aren’t until this week. Typically, have a dual party on Memorial Day weekend.
Janets main squeeze had his bd earlier this month
And Lynne was on the mark for Mrose better half.
Yeah, but Dave’s is this week:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter