Something About Nothing..........#6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mac, I don`t find dieting easy, mind you who does :confused3

Are you nearly recovered from your surgery? when did you get it done?

i had leg/knee surgery last november.
and then i had another surgical procedure done on the knee in feb.

i'm now recovered!!

finally released from the surgeon last week........woo hoo

Afternoon all ...

morning all.
Sorry i was missing there for a bit. Thursday we got some bad but not unexpected news...Dh's work cut 50 jobs...including his :sad1:
We are weighing options and trying to make a game plan for what's next. He has been with the same company since before we got married.
We are still going on vacation since it is paid for and non refundable at this point. We figure it will be our last for a number of years and we might as well enjoy it!

Sorry to hear about your DH's job ... it seems the poor economy is affecting just about everyone. Keep your chin up!!

Hi all-
Long time here for me. Been MIA. Don't know if I was missed ;)
Everyone is doing well in the family, just busy.

Chrissy and Matthew just celebrated their birthday this past Saturday, turned 12 yrs old!! Where has the time gone?? :eek:
We had 2 very small b-day parties for them over the weekend- first party with good friends of DH and I. Met at Chuck E Cheese in Gurnee, by Six Flags, near where Mac lives :upsidedow
Second party yest. with my parents and a couple of cousins. I am partied out :laughing: I think the kids could go for more parties if it was up to them.
I had ordered a Kung Fu Panda b-day cake from Sams Club- yum!

Been also busy with DH's dad. FIL hasn't been doing well. Some of DH's family came up from St. Louis area over a week ago to visit with FIL. FIL not on death bed yet, just going downhill and on hospice lately.

I just haven't been on the DIS as much lately, so I must have missed the tech. issues on the DIS :confused3

I do miss all the homies here! Know that I'm thinking of all of you!

Mac- how is your eye doing?

Avic- :hug: sorry to hear about your DH's job loss :hug:
Thoughts and prayers to your DH and you.

HI to all :)

:goodvibes Good afternoon or is it evening ??
But anywho stopped by to say Hi homies :goodvibes

Avic - hugs to you and your DH :hug:

Mac - your ready for HHN now!!! So glad to hear it!! :thumbsup2

Morning all!!

avic :grouphug: so sorry to hear about DH. Hopefully something will pop up really soon for him.

one day closer to surgery :scared: DD is getting nervous now. I told her she will be knocked out and not remember anything, but its not helping :lmao:

off to get clothes out of the dryer and get to work :upsidedow

Happy Tuesday!!

Good Morning!

Avic -- So sorry to hear about dh's job. These are tough times. Hopefully a window will open as that door closes. :grouphug:

I could really use a day at Universal right now. Tell me your favorite appetizer at CityWalk or the onsite hotels, just to cheer me up and help me plan for August!

Maria :upsidedow

thank you all for the hugs and kind wishes. I know we will be ok. My Dh has a very strong work ethic (unlike my step father when i was growing up) and there are some opening with the company that we are looking at but they all require us to move. So he is also looking locally in case something better pops up here without us needing to move. We have 12 weeks paid serverance package so there is time to find the right job.

thank you all for the hugs and kind wishes. I know we will be ok. My Dh has a very strong work ethic (unlike my step father when i was growing up) and there are some opening with the company that we are looking at but they all require us to move. So he is also looking locally in case something better pops up here without us needing to move. We have 12 weeks paid serverance package so there is time to find the right job.

well that is a great attitude (and the severance package was really nice)

do you know I have a friend who is now a Mr. Mom - he is looking and looking for work, even went to McDonalds. Know what they told him? You are overqualified. Know what he said? I don't care - I need a paycheck.

Tough times out there.....here's hoping things turn around for everyone soon!

hey all, been busy here-no motivation to clean the dump for easteer, drive by hi!

waiting to see if mechanic can fix brakeline on 'classic' car:laughing:meaning it's old lol, hate having 1 vehicle

The Donald is for the WDW Half Marathon, affectionately know as the "Donald" because the medal is Donald Duck's face (the full Marathon is Mickey, if you do both you get a Goofy medal). I've completed it twice in '08 and '09 (Double Donald!), and I'm registered again for the next one on 1/9/10. :donald:

Maria

excellent! quite an accomplishment, kuddos!

morning all.
Sorry i was missing there for a bit. Thursday we got some bad but not unexpected news...Dh's work cut 50 jobs...including his :sad1:
!
:eek:so sorry, hope it turns around quickly for u!

i had leg/knee surgery last november.
and then i had another surgical procedure done on the knee in feb.

i'm now recovered!!

finally released from the surgeon last week........woo hoo

you're free:banana:

max isn't;)good luck barb corraling ur pooch!

one day closer to surgery :scared: DD is getting nervous now. I told her she will be knocked out and not remember anything, but its not helping :lmao:
!!
perfectly natural for her to be a nervous wreck...don't forget to bring her cell phone so she can start texting soon as she's out of anesthia;). you're probably antsy too, hugs!

good afternoon homies.

i just woke up........:eek:

Hey ... did I miss a post somewhere or did Todd not post today??? That's so unlike him ...

i missed him too.

Evening all. I did a short video at rehearsal today. I'm gonna try to get a clip of me from the show tomorrow. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypzowIgUA9o

i watched your video and as i was, i thought, heck, where is all the snow??

Morning all!!

avic :grouphug: so sorry to hear about DH. Hopefully something will pop up really soon for him.

off to get clothes out of the dryer and get to work :upsidedow

Happy Tuesday!!

i have her and the family on my prayer list.
tell her it will be over before she knows it.

kids love money....tell her you will give her $$ for going through this.

Good Morning!

Avic -- So sorry to hear about dh's job. These are tough times. Hopefully a window will open as that door closes. :grouphug:

I could really use a day at Universal right now. Tell me your favorite appetizer at CityWalk or the onsite hotels, just to cheer me up and help me plan for August!

Maria :upsidedow
maria, 2 words: volcano nachos................yum

:hug:

ever since the upgrading was done on the dis, i can't connect to many of the threads.

i'm told now it might be a cookie issue.
tried that and zip.

told it probably is firefox issue, don't use fire fox...another zip.....

i didn't see bonny starting a movement on bringing back the horror tours for hhn this fall.
i had started a thread also on it.

now if i could get it to open, i will delete my thread so hers can move faster.

bonny, if you are reading, sorry.
your thread didn't show up when i looked earlier....

which is another issue i am having on the dis the past few days.
not all of the threads appear when i sign on.

i think i want to go live at a dis tech's house to get this problem fixed....:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter