Something to think about VMK

vanillamickey

The key to flying is to throw yourself at the grou
Ok, so i was just reading all of those other forum sites that say that VMK's closing was Saluke's fault and stuff, and those debates whether VMK will reopen or not, blah blah blah. And then I thought, If VMK really did close because of Saluke, and Disney is just looking for another partner, maybe JUST MAYBE, they said VMK was closing forever bc they didn't know if they were ever going to find another partner. It makes sense to me.

Just stating my thoughts.

Im not sure... I would rather all the rumors be gone. Just adds more pain to when they are all lies, I try not to believe them. We dont really know who is at fault, I wish they would just tell us -_- I dont think the promotion thing is the truth, they just lied because it was the easiest way out without having to tell the truth or make up another complicated lie. If it was really only a promotion, they would have closed it after one year right? They either changed their minds in between, or never really had plans to close it unless something (which something did happen) happened.
Im not sure what to believe, and I dont really think Disney needs a partner to continue vmk or not. They might want one, but its not like they aren't capable of opening a new one themselves. I guess they dont want to spend anymore money... thats probably it. I would definitley pay to play, but I dont think they are thinking about the profit. If they are still thinking about vmk at all. (I hope they are)

By the way, who is Saluke anyway? I've never heard of them. I didn't know Disney had a partner. Is it another rumor? I really have no idea....

http://www.sulake.com/

There is the website... I actually did an afternoon of snooping around the internet, seeing if any dates match with that Habbo game. I was wondering if that could be why vmk was closed, if sulake decided to pull out because their own game was becoming more popular. lol I have never even heard of it before until I went on their site.

Quick Habbo facts (October 2008):
32 local communities
Registered users: 111,000,000
Unique visitors: 9,500,000 / month
Page impressions: 990,000,000 / month
Age distribution: 90 % between 13-18 years old
Average visit: 36 minutes / session

Oh my gosh- wow that is alot of visitors compared to vmk :( I dont think it looks like a good game either... it opened in 2000? So I dont think it would effect anything with vmk. Sadly that is always going to be a huge mystery unless they decide to tell us the truth.

Oh- and in the history of Sulake thing, they dont even mention vmk. Why? Isn't that part of sulake... well was? All the history is about habbo lol.

I don't know about any of u, but i can't wait until all the lies and rumors stop and the truth finally comes out.
I don't think the truth will come out any time soon unfortunately, but i think time will pass and it will eventually come out.

Habbo is stupid in my opinion. The graphics aren't nearly as good as VMK,(it's pixelated), and they don't have a word filter so you can say whatever you want. Which is good for understanding ppl, but bad for insults. Oh yeah, and you have to use REAL MONEY to pay for furniture. Nothing will ever come close to VMK. VFK is the closest, but it still doesn't give that satisfying feeling you always got when playing VMK.

Habbo is stupid in my opinion. The graphics aren't nearly as good as VMK,(it's pixelated), and they don't have a word filter so you can say whatever you want. Which is good for understanding ppl, but bad for insults. Oh yeah, and you have to use REAL MONEY to pay for furniture. Nothing will ever come close to VMK. VFK is the closest, but it still doesn't give that satisfying feeling you always got when playing VMK.

ITA with u about the habbo thing. It is not that great. And what is with having to pay the real money for furniture, that is just dumb. I mean i know there were cards and codes u could buy for specialty things in vmk, but u could still have some awesome stuff with all the in game things, u didn't need those extras.

Oh yeah, and another thing, if Sulake was the real cause of VMK closing, wouldn't the characters on the VMK homepage be, like, gone?

Hmm... I wish I could see the conditions on Sulake's and Disney's contracts, that might make some stuff clear. lol, and I really want them to just tell the truth too tink. Maybe years from now they will- but not too many will care. Everyone will be like "VMK...? What is that?" I bet even some of the players would forget by then :( Sadly... i hope not. I know I will never ever forget about it.
Oh my gosh... its not filtered? And you have to pay for furniture!? That is really dumb... I would not let my kid play that lol. Not that I have kids... or anything, lol but anyways. That sounds like a horrible game, and it even looks bad and pixelated- yep. I dont see why anyone even gets on it, especially that amount of users. VMK will always be the best game ever. Best community ever. most magical too ;)

Hmm... I wish I could see the conditions on Sulake's and Disney's contracts, that might make some stuff clear. lol, and I really want them to just tell the truth too tink. Maybe years from now they will- but not too many will care. Everyone will be like "VMK...? What is that?" I bet even some of the players would forget by then :( Sadly... i hope not. I know I will never ever forget about it.
Oh my gosh... its not filtered? And you have to pay for furniture!? That is really dumb... I would not let my kid play that lol. Not that I have kids... or anything, lol but anyways. That sounds like a horrible game, and it even looks bad and pixelated- yep. I dont see why anyone even gets on it, especially that amount of users. VMK will always be the best game ever. Best community ever. most magical too ;)

Last time I checked it wasn't filtered (my friend plays a little.... I think lol). Like one time when she was on someone said the f-word only they made the c and k extra long.

I will never forget VMK. And I will make sure my friend never forgets VMK. I'ts like a part of me.

Hmm... I wonder how ppl could settle for that game. I think if some of them would have known about vmk we would have had alot more ppl fighting for it to stay open bc they would have seen how great it is.

Yeah, they should have advertised for it more I think. I dont know... they're just stupid to close it. lol when I was on, I always wished they would extend it further and do a couple of rooms dedicated to each of the disney world parks as well. Especially epcot, I was freaking out the day i got that guest room... I just love the music and fountain. Amazing!

Oh! And i cant believe that game Habbo or whatever is even open. No filter... I mean now I kind of like it lol. I wouldn't want people just saying all kinds of bad words in my virtual world, its a world to escape in if you ask me. Kind of get away from everything, kind of like a vacation at your computer :) At least vmk was. Technically it WAS a vacation, because it was based on Disney parks, and that is what made it even more awesome.
But I cant even believe parents let kids on the site... gosh! Parents these days. They should pay attention to their kids.
lol I sounded kind of weird on that... I wouldn't know anything about parenting o_o All I know if I dont like habbo and vmk is the best virutual community ever. :wizard: Its magical! (im just trying to use some smileys, i never have lol)

Oh! And i cant believe that game Habbo or whatever is even open. No filter... I mean now I kind of like it lol. I wouldn't want people just saying all kinds of bad words in my virtual world, its a world to escape in if you ask me. Kind of get away from everything, kind of like a vacation at your computer :) At least vmk was. Technically it WAS a vacation, because it was based on Disney parks, and that is what made it even more awesome.
But I cant even believe parents let kids on the site... gosh! Parents these days. They should pay attention to their kids.
lol I sounded kind of weird on that... I wouldn't know anything about parenting o_o All I know if I dont like habbo and vmk is the best virutual community ever. :wizard: Its magical! (im just trying to use some smileys, i never have lol)

I don't think that habbo is geared just for kids, i think it was made for adults to play. I mean think about it, all the money you have use to make rooms and all. And hopefully not putting this too bluntly, but unfortunately parents have alot more to worry about their kids getting into on the internet than a game that doesn't have the best filters. But i guess that was just one more great thing about vmk. Another thing to miss... :(

to register, i'm pretty sure, you have to say that you're at least 13 years old. But you know that people lie.

Oh, i wanted that EPCOT room so bad, and i asked people how you got it. They said you got it by doing a quest in the parks, and i got all excited bc i was going to WDW in like, a month or something. But then they said that they got rid of the quest, and i got sad.

While i was at WDW i was at VMK central making my avatar (i made one for my friend too since she wanted ears also lol) i met this guy who, i swear, he made VMK avatars for a living. :rotfl: Anyway, he said that he knew that VMK was gonna close, but he said it wasn't gonna be for two years.

The following spring VMK annouced that it was closing.

Whoah that's weird. I dont think that guy really knew when it was closing though, probably just a guess. Was he a CM or know what he was doing and all?

Oh... and you got that epcot room through quests in vmk. There were a couple of days when they had them, I think they were kind of like go green quests or something, as well as epcot themed. Enviornmental Prototype Community of Tomorrow yay!!! Yes, I memorized it. I also know how to tell Chip and Dale apart lol (thanks to Dashyboy, i might add)

Guess what I just saw! A Disney Fairies Pixie Hallow game commercial... the one that is advertised on vmk. They are selling jewelry and charms and things with codes... ugh! Just trying to make some money... I do want to see that fairy movie though, just rent it, im not buying it. I read the fairy book lol. I love the art! It had pictures of all the events happening in it, whoever drew that is amazing!

Whoah that's weird. I dont think that guy really knew when it was closing though, probably just a guess. Was he a CM or know what he was doing and all?

Oh... and you got that epcot room through quests in vmk. There were a couple of days when they had them, I think they were kind of like go green quests or something, as well as epcot themed. Enviornmental Prototype Community of Tomorrow yay!!! Yes, I memorized it. I also know how to tell Chip and Dale apart lol (thanks to Dashyboy, i might add)

Guess what I just saw! A Disney Fairies Pixie Hallow game commercial... the one that is advertised on vmk. They are selling jewelry and charms and things with codes... ugh! Just trying to make some money... I do want to see that fairy movie though, just rent it, im not buying it. I read the fairy book lol. I love the art! It had pictures of all the events happening in it, whoever drew that is amazing!

Wow flips, u really didn't know how to tell chip and dale apart before dashyboy told u? That is a sad and a bit disturbing. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter