Souvenirs that you actually use at home

Some of my favourite souvenirs are our "celebrating" buttons (birthdays, anniversary, honeymoon...), I buy the little magnets off Amazon and turn the buttons into magnets for our fridge, they make me smile when I see them. They are also surrounded by other magnets. We also use our Disney mugs and trivet every day. I have a silver Mickey necklace that I adore and a BB-8 bangle too. I love that they add a little bit of subtle Disney to my day!
Turning buttons into magnets is a great idea. After the trip I am always trying to keep those buttons away from little fingers!

We use the flour/sugar/whatever jars themed to Mickey and Minnie for our ground espresso beans, and use the Mickey's Coffee Co. little ceramic mug as our espresso shot. Of course we also had to buy the Mickey coffee scoop to complete the set. :)

Magnets, coffee cups (can't have too many of these), a keychain, and Fairy Tale. I use them all at the house and always pick one or some up when we are in the parks.

-Alexis

When we went in November, I got a couple Christmas ornaments and a Mickey hand spoon rest. We also got a bunch of magnets.

At least I'm not the only one who's bought lots of coffee mugs. I've collected so many over the years that DH finally banned me from buying coffee mugs. So now I buy a tea cup from the Twinings Tea Shoppe in Epcot every trip. I also like to buy lots of little snacks to take home (cookies, candy bars, etc.) Those souvenirs then need to be replaced on my next trip!

I keep my Jack Skellington travel cup at my desk (for my soda. You need that in a call centre....) and have a Tink keychain on my keys. (Along with twenty one pilots, Dan and Phil, and My Chemical Romance.... I'm stuck in 2004. Judge me.) My birthday buttons are all used to hold up movie posters in my room, and my pin trading pins are repurposed most of the year to hold things up at my desk.

View attachment 224193

I just adore my Cogsworth clock, big and little Lumiere! Little Lum is actually a Christmas decoration lol..

I've had my eye on Lumiere and am threatening to purchase him on our next trip. I have not seen Cogsworth before! Hmmm . . . I might "need" him, too. It would be a shame to separate the two friends.

My favorite useful Disney items include my Mickey hoodie, our Minnie Mouse wine stopper, and my Chip mug (from Beauty and the Beast). Chip makes me smile when I'm having my tea in the mornings.

I may have to spring for the Belle mug on our next trip, too. DD bought the Rapunzel mug that's in the same series, and it's really lovely.

I'm also loving the art prints and the rolling pin posted earlier.

I've had my eye on Lumiere and am threatening to purchase him on our next trip. I have not seen Cogsworth before! Hmmm . . . I might "need" him, too. It would be a shame to separate the two friends.

My favorite useful Disney items include my Mickey hoodie, our Minnie Mouse wine stopper, and my Chip mug (from Beauty and the Beast). Chip makes me smile when I'm having my tea in the mornings.

I may have to spring for the Belle mug on our next trip, too. DD bought the Rapunzel mug that's in the same series, and it's really lovely.

I'm also loving the art prints and the rolling pin posted earlier.

Resistance is futile.. Once you look The Cog in his crossed eyes. He is already yours.

Coffee mug - I have a favorite one I use only on the weekends.
Mickey head cookie cutter
t-shirts
Christmas ornaments

Our favorites that we use all the time are:

Red Mickey silicon trivet (the one OP posted)
Mickey spatula
Micky hand spoon rest
Tree of Life huge coffee mug (we fight over using this one)
Plastic lidded straw cups (these are great when drinking near the computers to avoid spills that fry the computer)
Pandora beads - Disney Park Exclusives
Mickey blankets (the purchase with purchase ones)

We occasionally buy something less useful/practical just for the fun or decoration. Love the Starbucks 4 parks miniature ornament mugs that we have on display.

Mickey, Minnie, Grumpy and Donald mugs
Sugar and creamer set
Tea towels
Leather jacket from about 2000
Lots of tshirts, etc some 20 years old
Christmas ornaments
Drain strainer
Beach towel
Mickey Bottle opener (beer opener)
Mickey diamonique earrings
Dooney and Bourke Mickey bag
Vera Bradley Black Mickey bag
Mickey throw with my name monogrammed
Ankle bracelet

I use my Disney mugs every single day! I have a Mickey one, a Minnie one, and a Starbucks DAK one (which is my favorite). I use those for coffee. I have a purple Mad Tea Party tea cup that I use for tea on occasion.

I love artwork. I have a picture of Rapunzel and Flynn up in my dorm room. I also have a picture of Simba and Mufasa in my home bedroom.

Something that I didn't expect I would love so much are my key chains. I think key chains are the tackiest of all souvenirs. But I bought some anyways. I have a 2016 one on my car keys and a plush Eeyore on my backpack. I love looking at them and remembering my time at WDW.

Disney has the cutest stuff! My favorites are tote bags, Alex and Ani bracelets, coffee mugs, clicky pens for work, notebooks and key chains. I also love going to Basin @ Disney Springs and getting Disney soaps and bath bombs! These are all practical for everyday use and remind me of my favorite place when I am back to reality. :love:

We have the white dish towels with the blue embroidered castle on them in our kitchen and I love them! We also tend to stash away the little shampoos and conditioners from the hotels and when we're traveling and won't be staying at a hotel or feeling nostalgic we will break them out :)

My sister gave me a set of the Starbucks "You are Here" mugs, one from each Disney park, for my 60th birthday last summer. DH and I use them almost every day.
I use my resort mugs for my morning cup of coffee to take to work.
I LOVE my POP Century Mickey Head cutting board (I've worn through 3 of them) and really, really regret that they are now making them smaller, in much more sedate colors. My cutting board is covered with Mickey heads in hot pink, neon orange, bright blue, lime green and yellow- just like tie-dye cheesecake!
I have a Pooh apron that I wear frequently.
Mickey-head christmas ornaments; they are about an inch in diameter, in 8 different colors.
I've worn through 3 pairs of Mickey Crocs (wish they still had them).
I have 3 tee shirts that I've been wearing to sleep in for about 15 years. My all-time favorite is my "Bad Girls" tee, which has all the Disney female villains on it- and it glows in the dark! I outgrew it about 15 years ago but recently lost almost 100 pounds- and it fits again! I am ridiculously happy about this!! Oh, and my Eeyore "girly-cut" tee shirt fits again, too!
I collect salt and pepper shakers, so I have a set of Pooh & Eeyore, and a set with Snow White kissing Dopey on the top of his bald little head!
My oldest, "bestest" Disney souvenir is my Eeyore hoodie. He is threadbare and tattered now, but I still wear him on my gloomy days, when I need a special little "snuggle" from my old friend.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter