Special 5 night Bahamas 9/1/08 Are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little off cruise news..BUT.. just came back from seeing the movie 'Untraceable'. Makes your skin crawl when you see how easy it is to fall prey on the computer.We have to remember to never get too lax with our personal info.Good thing we have kewl people out there watching the internet for creeps.Sorry ..but I still have goosebumps....

I wanted to see that movie also.

So another February birthday. Kewl! :banana:

Went out for an incredible meal last night!!

Bill had surf & turf - 2 3oz filets wrapped in bacon with three sauted shrimp with an incredible sauce. He also had turkey wild rice soup.

I had shrimp scampi - probably the best I've ever had! I also had a salad with granny smith apples, caramelized pecans and a lemon thyme vinegrette.

For dessert we split a pound cake with a raspberry sauce and homemade coconut macadamia nut ice cream and real whip cream!

Cheryl, guess where we were? The funny thing is we were commenting on the way over there that the only thing missing from the menu is something with shrimp. These were specials, but it was great! Talked to the chef about making shrimp creole sometime! He worked with Chef Paul Prudholme in the past so I can imagine his creole cooking would be excellent!

I hope that is the Bulkhead stairs?

and the backer board is heavy, Scott, they have a special cutter for the board!
It plugs in! works great! like electric trimmer!
Dewalt!
getImage.aspx

Nope gotta make a turn on the stairs then a turn through a door.

I use a concrete blade on my old black adn decker.

Hi Everyone..hope your weekend is going great.

I know we did the big 50 talk a few pages back, you all know my hubby turns next Friday. Well, we will be in Orlando the following weekend to celbrate his birthday with our children and grandchildren. I was trying and trying to figure out how to get Mickey to come and make an appearance for his birthday.

Well, thanks to one of our friends..you all know and love, starts with Trac..lol,,,,,,I have arranged private dining at the Grand Floridian with a visit for Mickey, decorations, cake, the works. I am not as good as that other guy in keeping a secret so I just had to share before I burst.

I am so excited..I just can't wait. Bob will be blown away, even if it is happening the week after, since that's when we could get it all planned..lol.

Ok..I can take a deep breath now, lol. Just can't wait to see his face, lol.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Totally KEWL!!! we must have pics of his face. I can imagine it now. KEWL!!!

A little off cruise news..BUT.. just came back from seeing the movie 'Untraceable'. Makes your skin crawl when you see how easy it is to fall prey on the computer.We have to remember to never get too lax with our personal info.Good thing we have kewl people out there watching the internet for creeps.Sorry ..but I still have goosebumps....

I relate all too much to this, will have to see it.

Lazy Morn planned, Breakfast Burittos on the menu, gotta make some guacamole.

Morning everyone!

Been out of pocket for a few days while I was at a Men's Retreat/Conference on Friday and Saturday.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!:thumbsup2

Cheryl, guess where we were?

Hmmmm, could that be TREES in Deforest?????

We tried a new restaurant here yesterday afternoon. CaptShrimp, or something like that. Another mediocre restaurant and we won't return. Ugh.

Maybe the owner of Trees could open a branch, lol, get it, down here in Davie.

Morning everyone!

Been out of pocket for a few days while I was at a Men's Retreat/Conference on Friday and Saturday.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!:thumbsup2

Good Morning to you!

Yes, we are having a great weekend. Although out in Wyoming and up in Wisconsin they are having much better food, lol.

Good Ole Biscuits and Gravy here this morning! Mmmm Mmmmm

Have a great day everyone!

Hello, does anyone have a pattern (dimensions, etc) for the fish extenders or is it just one of those guessing things? Whatever looks best?:confused3

Hello, does anyone have a pattern (dimensions, etc) for the fish extenders or is it just one of those guessing things? Whatever looks best?:confused3
Love the Fish Extender. Thanks Debbie.

Here is what was posted earlier.

Susan

Here are the instructions that I found on another thread and saved on my computer for future reference (my apologies to the poster of these instructions....(credit cannot be given as I did not save the poster's information)....I cannot vouch for these instructions as I have not tried to make a fish extender using them so I hope they work. We will probably be bringing our "original" fish extender along with many fish extender "locks" (zip ties)...so it doesn't go walking...or maybe I could try to talk Mom into making us a new fish extender!!!!!!

FISH EXTENDER INSTRUCTIONS

Make a rectangle pattern -- 9" x 30"
Make another rectangle pattern for pockets 9" x 6" - cut 4 sets (double - right sides together)

Put right sides together and cut one out double for front/back.

Cut a piece of felt that is 1" shorter than the pattern -- this will be your interfacing.

Cut out 4 pockets (doubled)

With right sides together, stitch top and bottom of each pocket. Turn and press flat.

Baste the felt to the wrong side of one of the pattern pieces.

Pin pockets to front of the fish extender that you just basted, matching edges.

Baste pockets along the sides.

Sew bottom of each pocket to the front of fish extender. I used a decorative stitch. You could also use some type of ribbon or bias tape.

Pin back of fish extender to front with right sides together.

Stitch using 3/8" seam allowance leaving about a 3 to 4 inch section unstitched to turn the fish extender right side out.

Trim corners and turn right side out.

Iron flat and stitch the unstitched section closed.

At the top of the fish extender, turn down to make a casing to put a wooden dowel rod.

Decorate your pockets . . . depending on how you're going to decorate your pockets . . . either decorate them before you baste them to the front of the fish extender or after the fish extender is totally sewn.

Hope this helps.

Good Morning All.
Wish I could say that the weather was beautiful, but it is not.
Cloudy and will be that way for next few days. Rain monday and tuesday.

Now yesterday was great.
The sun came out. Very bright day with all of the snow.
We took Belle to the park by the river. She had a blast.
The SnowBeagle finally came out in her.
Up until this time she acted as though she hated the snow.
Yesterday, she was just like Tippy used to be.
Running and plowing the snow with her snout.
She even made some doggie snowangels. (rolling on her back)
Something like this (this is not her)
dogangel.jpg

Had so much fun, we are heading back.
Of course, we will be back in time for the Super Bowl.
Pats by 10.:thumbsup2

Lazy Morn planned, Breakfast Burittos on the menu, gotta make some guacamole.

Lazy here too. But we think we will go out for breakfast.
We have this Cracker Barrel giftcard we have had for a while.

OBTW, Mike if you are reading the thread......
menu today is-
Jambalaya with french bread. (nah, no cornbread)

then for the superbowl,
warm (not hot) wings and quesadillas.

Remember Bob, the first taste is free, so use the french bread to wipe your bowl. Good for the body and good for the soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter