Special 5 night Bahamas 9/1/08 Are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning! Just wanted to bump us back up to the first page. :sunny:

hehe :lmao:
No, but I think I could have represented my state a little better than some did. ;) :rotfl2: Did you see them thanking the judges for turning them down? That's such a southern thing. :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

OK, my friend at work just booked adjoining staterooms. It's Kathi and her DH, and 3 children ( aged 2, 4, and 10), also my sister in law and BIL are coming with their DD aged 5!:)

Dvcnewgirl - Is Flounder's open when we're in port? I don't think we'll use it in Nassau, but we're doing a DCL Eastern on the 17th and I think it would be nice to just browse the shops without 2 kids in tow. I didn't see Flounder's open during our port times when I booked online, but now you've got me interested to check on board!

Yes I believe I saw something about them being open. But I am not sure.:confused3 So I will have to check but I saw a flounders flier online that shows some hours on port days. Im hoping they will be if I can't get the Atlantis. Let me know if you get definate info.:goodvibes Thanks!

I'll be sure and post when I get back. We leave next Wednesday for 3 nights at AKL before our cruise. We booked all 10 of our alotted Flounder's hours but since I was needed time for Palo's dinner and brunch and then used the rest of the time during the evening shows, I didn't pay much attention to the port days. I could look now, but I'd have to cancel a spot to see what's open and with my luck someone would book that spot before I could get it back!

I have never been on the magic so I wouldn't know. Someone on the boards said they would not want to do this cruise because it was right before drydock...Does anyone know what difference that makes, thanks for any info!:)

Hmm, I wonder why before drydock would be a problem? I've heard it's not good sailing right after because sometimes there are issues that are still being finished up from dry dock but I can't see there being a problem before unless maybe the crew gets antsy for that 2 week vacation? :confused3

Yes I believe I saw something about them being open. But I am not sure.:confused3 So I will have to check but I saw a flounders flier online that shows some hours on port days. Im hoping they will be if I can't get the Atlantis. Let me know if you get definate info.:goodvibes Thanks!

When we were on the december double dip I remember Flounder's was open until about 2pm on the day we were in Costa Maya. Some DISers had their kids in there while we toured the Ruins.

Hmm, I wonder why before drydock would be a problem? I've heard it's not good sailing right after because sometimes there are issues that are still being finished up from dry dock but I can't see there being a problem before unless maybe the crew gets antsy for that 2 week vacation? :confused3

We have cruised before and after drydock and have nothing bad to report about either...:goodvibes
;)

I'll be sure and post when I get back. We leave next Wednesday for 3 nights at AKL before our cruise. We booked all 10 of our alotted Flounder's hours but since I was needed time for Palo's dinner and brunch and then used the rest of the time during the evening shows, I didn't pay much attention to the port days. I could look now, but I'd have to cancel a spot to see what's open and with my luck someone would book that spot before I could get it back!

Yes I wouldn't chance losing your ressies I can't wait to make mine for May!( on the Wonder) Any info would be great.I hope you make ressies for this cruise. I think our group is up to 3 five year olds and 2 two year olds!:goodvibes

When we were on the december double dip I remember Flounder's was open until about 2pm on the day we were in Costa Maya. Some DISers had their kids in there while we toured the Ruins.

Thats what I thought that they were open for a few hours at port. Thanks for the info!:thumbsup2

Testing to see if my cruise countdown ticker worked!

Testing to see if my cruise countdown ticker worked!

Looks Good!!!

Just off the phone with DVC! we have a room!!!!

They do not know what the points will be for this trip but will inform us in a couple weeks...:confused3

Peter

Yes I wouldn't chance losing your ressies I can't wait to make mine for May!( on the Wonder) Any info would be great.I hope you make ressies for this cruise. I think our group is up to 3 five year olds and 2 two year olds!:goodvibes

We're about 95% sure that we'll be booking this cruise next Saturday! I really want to do it onboard to get the discount, but it's killing me that I have to wait a week.

Your online booking date is getting close for your May cruise! I shouldn't make Flounder's sound so crazy with booking up. I changed one of our times about 2 weeks ago and there was still a lot of availability. I just have a stupid paranoia that I'll lose my times! That precious kid-free time isn't worth risking! ;)

And I'm happy to see that already there are other kids the same ages as mine. My big fear this trip is that Madison won't be so thrilled about going into the Club since her brother will be in Flounder's and she won't know any other kids her age in the Club. Luckily she's still Flounder's age (she turns 3yo two days after we get home from the cruise) so she should go there with my son without a problem.

So we are now booked on the 5 - night.
We did book Cat. 6 stateroom #6154 (an accessible stateroom with a HUGE verandah!) and we ended up booking a Cat. 12 GTY and are hoping for an upgrade to a Cat. 11 at least! We went as cheap as possible due to booking the verandah room. The whole famdamily can use that one.

We did book Cat. 6 stateroom #6154 (an accessible stateroom with a HUGE verandah!) and we ended up booking a Cat. 12 GTY and are hoping for an upgrade to a Cat. 11 at least! We went as cheap as possible due to booking the verandah room. The whole famdamily can use that one.

:banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :beach: party:

The crew doesn't get a two week vaca during dry dock, they work their butts off.

Congratulations to both you and Peter! party:

Sooo, did/will you get the insurance? I hope so. :)

I've been going through a HUGE debate with myself over whether or not I want to keep my connecting cat 9s and save just under $1000, or if I want to go for the connecting cat 6s and have verandahs. :confused3 :guilty: I'm thinking I need to keep the cat 9s and the $1000 and book me some spa treatments, parasailing, dolphin excursions, etc.. :thumbsup2 :teeth:

I think we should have a graphic like the repo people!:banana: Does anyone know how to do this?? I have been attempting all day to no avail.:sad2:

Congratulations to both you and Peter! party:

Sooo, did/will you get the insurance? I hope so. :)

I've been going through a HUGE debate with myself over whether or not I want to keep my connecting cat 9s and save just under $1000, or if I want to go for the connecting cat 6s and have verandahs. :confused3 :guilty: I'm thinking I need to keep the cat 9s and the $1000 and book me some spa treatments, parasailing, dolphin excursions, etc.. :thumbsup2 :teeth:

Have never purchased insurance for any of the Dozen or so cruises we have been on!!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter