Spectromagic Dole Whip Meet May 16, 2009 @ 8pm - UPDATED 5/25 WITH PICTURES (pg 10)!

colinsdad

DIS Veteran
All fellow DIS'ers out there who would like to join us for what has been described as a "slice of heaven on earth" (I'm talking about the Dole Whip) are cordially invited to the Spectromagic Dole Whip Meet on May 16th, 2009 at 8pm in the Magic Kingdom at ALOHA ISLE in the Adventureland.

The Plan:

Meet at Aloha Isle in Adventureland at 8pm.

AlohaIsle-31807-D-172.jpg
dole_whip-bennett.jpg

While enjoying good company and making some new friends you get to enjoy a Dole Whip. What is a Dole Whip you ask? Well If you've never had one (and I fall into this category too which is wrong on so many levels since I've been going to Disney since '73), it is a frozen concoction made with vanilla ice cream and pineapple swirled together. Sounds gross? Not your cup of tea? Well don't worry because they have you covered. In addition to the Dole Whips, chocolate and vanilla soft serve ice cream is offered and you can also get coke or root beer floats.

After the Spectromagic Dole Whip Meet, if you'd like, you can stick around while we stake out a place to watch SPECTROMAGIC at 9PM!!

It is also noted is that WISHES will be shown this evening too at 10PM.

Now that you know the "PLAN", lets get some more players on board.

THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED AS PEOPLE CONFIRM ATTENDANCE.

The Players:

colinsdad (Jason with Colin)
englishrose47 (Rosie)
ckdsnynt
APB513 (Angela)
MaryAz (Mary - First trip to WDW!:yay: w/ Jeff, Avery and Cayley)
Lifelong Dreamer (Leesa and Beth)
bound2travel (Kristi)
Beavis (Bobby)
JohnEric (John)
leamom2princesses
earthfaries (Amy, Elizabeth, Mahnara, Zarius and Trevon)
PrincessBrideJo (Joanna)
nicole786 (Nicole)
vegasnative (Corrina and Donna)
kaysmommie (Nichole, DD Kaylee (9), DS Thomas (4), and DH Tommy)
Weluvmickey! (Ingrid, with DM, and DGM!)
COME JOIN US. ALL ARE :welcome:

If you can't make the meet on the 16th, come join us at the MAMMOTH MAY MEET AT EPCOT ON THE 17TH
organized by TEAM RENFROE!

Thanks for starting this Colin's Dad !!For those who are new to this thread and others !! While chatting on the other threads , colin's dadand I realised we both would be at MK on the 16th and had NEVER had a Dole Whip , I know shameless of us .we both had planned to try one that night soooo are Meet was set and now we are inviting other Dole whippers to join us:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now that its a thread, its official. :banana:

All fellow DIS'ers out there who would like to join us for what has been described as a "slice of heaven on earth" (I'm talking about the Dole Whip) are cordially invited to the Spectromagic Dole Whip Meet on May 16th, 2009 at 8pm in the Magic Kingdom at ALOHA ISLE in the Adventureland.

The Plan:

Meet at Aloha Isle in Adventureland at 8pm.

AlohaIsle-31807-D-172.jpg

While enjoying good company and making some new friends you get to enjoy a Dole Whip. What is a Dole Whip you ask? Well If you've never had one (and I fall into this category too which is wrong on so many levels since I've been going to Disney since '73), it is a frozen concoction made with vanilla ice cream and pineapple swirled together. Sounds gross? Not your cup of tea? Well don't worry because they have you covered. In addition to the Dole Whips, chocolate and vanilla soft serve ice cream is offered and you can also get coke or root beer floats.

After the Spectromagic Dole Whip Meet, if you'd like, you can stick around while we stake out a place to watch SPECTROMAGIC at 9PM!!

It is also noted is that WISHES will be shown this evening too at 10PM.

Now that you know the "PLAN", lets get some more players on board.

THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED AS PEOPLE CONFIRM ATTENDANCE.

The Players:

colinsdad (with colin)
englishrose47
SunnieRN

COME JOIN US. ALL ARE :welcome:

If you can't make the meet on the 16th, come join us at the MAMMOTH MAY MEET AT EPCOT ON THE 17TH!

Let me check my tickets and see when we arrive. I know we get there on the 16 and I think we arrive around three so this would work for us. Spectro is my very favorite parade and we always sit and watch with dolewhips - traditions since forever! Can't wait to meet everyone. We're staying at POFQ May 16-23.

I might be able to make this meet, really depends on how we are feeling about staying up late for Spectro as we arrive that day. So put us down as a maybe! :thumbsup2

Let me check my tickets and see when we arrive. I know we get there on the 16 and I think we arrive around three so this would work for us. Spectro is my very favorite parade and we always sit and watch with dolewhips - traditions since forever! Can't wait to meet everyone. We're staying at POFQ May 16-23.

Both englishrose47 and I arrive that day as well.

We are also participating in the Mammoth May Meet at Epcot on the 17th (3PM in France). I found from reading rosies PTR that we would both be at the MK for Spectro that night (so we threw this meet together too). :goodvibes

Can't wait to meet our fellow DIS'ers.

:welcome: aboard!!

I might be able to make this meet, really depends on how we are feeling about staying up late for Spectro as we arrive that day. So put us down as a maybe! :thumbsup2

Hey Lessa,

We arrive that day too (as does englishrose47 and ckdsnynt) so you're not alone.

We can all be tired together!!:lmao:

The beauty of this meet is that even if you're a little tired, there is no heavy lifting. You'll be sitting with a Dole Whip watching the best parade at WDW. pixiedust:

We hope you can make it! (And if you can't, maybe you can make the Mammoth May Meet at Epcot on the 17th).

Oh Lessa is making the Mamouth Meet !!! :rotfl2: I want to meet her Mom and her FLAT BROS!!!! toooo!!!!:lmao: For those who think I am nuts with Flat talk, :rotfl: it al started with Flat Winkers last year she toured WDW on a stick :banana: and got up to all sorts of things !! :laughing: I went FLAT first to England where I lounged at the seaside and then joined the FOCKERS at their huge meet last summer on a stick of course !!!:banana:

Oh Lessa is making the Mamouth Meet !!! :rotfl2: I want to meet her Mom and her FLAT BROS!!!! toooo!!!!:lmao: For those who think I am nuts with Flat talk, :rotfl: it al started with Flat Winkers last year she toured WDW on a stick :banana: and got up to all sorts of things !! :laughing: I went FLAT first to England where I lounged at the seaside and then joined the FOCKERS at their huge meet last summer on a stick of course !!!:banana:

This totally went over my head so I went ahead and caught up on Lifelong Dreamer's PTR and saw her itinerary already had the MMM in it.

So if you can't make this meet, we'll still meet. :goodvibes

This totally went over my head so I went ahead and caught up on Lifelong Dreamer's PTR and saw her itinerary already had the MMM in it.

So if you can't make this meet, we'll still meet. :goodvibes

Yep! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Rosie, I will have to get you to pose for a picture with the Flat brothers Grimm! :laughing:

Hi everyone -

I've had a Dole Whip (YUM!) but I have never seen Spectro!!! :scared1: I was so disappointed because it was canceled during our trip last year due to construction.

I am planning on being in EPCOT on the 16th. So I will just hop on the monorail and join you guys at Aloha Isle @ 8:00 pm!

I'm already on board for the MMM on the 17th!

Hi everyone -

I've had a Dole Whip (YUM!) but I have never seen Spectro!!! :scared1: I was so disappointed because it was canceled during our trip last year due to construction.

I am planning on being in EPCOT on the 16th. So I will just hop on the monorail and join you guys at Aloha Isle @ 8:00 pm!

You'll love Spectro !!! I am sure I will love :banana: the Dole WhipGlad to have you join us ! I'll see ya 2 days in a row !!

Hi everyone -

HOORAY!! ANOTHER ONE FOR THE MEET. :cool1:

You'll love Spectromagic. Its the best parade at Disney IMO.

I get to update my list.:banana:

Count us in too! Added an extra day to our tickets today. I think the timing will be great for us to come. Girls will still be on Az time so the 9p parade will be a 6p parade!! We plan to do Wishes as well. So fun!

Count us in too! Added an extra day to our tickets today. I think the timing will be great for us to come. Girls will still be on Az time so the 9p parade will be a 6p parade!! We plan to do Wishes as well. So fun!

Fantastic! And what a great way to spend your first day ever to WDW!

The time change works perfectly for your first day. We plan on staying for Wishes as well.

Off now to update the list!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter