Splash Mountain Appreciation Thread! Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah!

“Brer Bear – Just Looking” – Brer Bear’s queue line portrait

Brer Bear is not very bright. He’s a few eggs short of a dozen, that is. He actually harbors no real grudge against Brer Rabbit, except that Brer Rabbit once made a fool of him and Brer Bear’s best buddy is Brer Fox. If things had turned out differently, the Bear and Rabbit probably would be good pals.

Brer Bear is closest character-wise to Goofy. They’re both dippy, not-all-there, but lovable oafs. You could even imagine Brer Bear saying a few of Goofy’s lines: “A h’uck! Somethin’ wrong here.” Brer Bear can easily compare to the Sheriff of Nottingham in Disney’s animated Robin Hood. They both bumble around and are more good-natured goofs than truly evil villains.

Brer Bear is also very relatable to Disney’s other bears. In fact, the first time we see Brer Bear in Song of the South, he’s singing Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah in a carefree way, just like the first time we see Baloo in the Jungle Book singing his “Doob-a-dee-doo” ditty. Both Winnie the Pooh and Humphrey (of the Donald Duck shorts) are equally ditzy, but lovable bruins.

I bought a Splash Mountain magic band for my son on eBay yesterday. Hopefully it will arrive before our opening week trip and he can wear it this time. It's one of his favorite rides at Disney World. We have APs this year and have three trips planned between now & March. I'm hoping that it will still be open for all three, and I'll make sure we get repeat Splash rides in each time we visit MK.

I'm so, so depressed about it. Really crushed. It was my favorite ride on property.

I just hope I get one more chance to ride it... if I get to say goodbye I'll feel a little better.

enhance

Definitely going to miss it, but as my son said... even if I don't agree, the message they're sending is a good one.

I wish I could see it as a good message. But I can't. There are already petitions coming out to change the Haunted Mansion, to removing the Dumbo ride, etc, etc. because of problematic elements. Rather the message being sent is that if it offends a few people then it must be removed or censored. That's a battle that one can't win.

I love this thread, these pics are great really bringing back some great memories. My first trip this ride was under refurbishment so i did not know till a year later that it would be my sons go to ride. Im guessing we may see some of them pop up on shirts etc in the future.. right next to Figment or repurposed in another ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter