SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell Services will deliver your luggage and groceries to your room. When you leave, schedule them to pick you and your luggage at a specific time.

We use ME all the time, love that they deliver it to our stateroom for us! But if we carry it on, Bell Services will bring it with you to your room.

We have used Garden Grocers, and they deliver groceries to Bell Services, who has cold storage available. So you don't have to be at the resort at a specific time. You let Bell Services know you want the groceries delivered.

Just keep some extra cash on hand for tipping them.. we have had great services from Bell Services and gladly give them the cash ... and they gladly accept it!

Thanks so much :banana:

Here now and wow, we're loving SSR what a beautiful resort with something for everyone. Thanks for all the tips planning our trip, without this post we would never have chosen SSR but so glad we did. Buses have been great :)

Hi, we own at OKW but found $8/point deal through David's for SSR and couldn't resist a last minute trip and excuse to use our annual passes:cool1:. My husband is over WDW (how is that even possible :confused3) so doesn't want to come this time so I'm trying to recruit my mother as an extra set of hands. We typically rent a car but since I won't have DH to help with luggage etc we are going to try ME. How does luggage and grocery delivery work at the more spread out resorts? We have only done it at BLT where they bring it up to your room. Will they do that at SSR or will I have to go get everything? How about when you go to leave can you call and have someone take your luggage to the carriage house to check in to your flight? Also, any recommendations for location to request close to bus and a good pool for little kids (zero entry and very small slide a plus). Thanks!! pixiedust:
There are not luggage carts at each building, so the best thing to do is to call bell services to lend a hand. One thing that's a little different at SSR is that they'll allow you to call the night before to make your bell services appointment. I highly recommend doing this. I can tell you from personal experience that it isn't fun schlepping luggage all the way across the resort to make it to your Magical Express bus. Getting the very heavy Owner's Locker from the Grandstand section to the bell stand just about killed me. Don't be the guest who calls an hour before your bus only to hear that there aren't any bellmen available.

Falling asleep in the Paddock, tonight. So nice to be back home at my favorite resort.

Hi - we're due to arrive here in August - staying as part of a package holiday from the UK.
When and how should we request a particular area?

Hi - we're due to arrive here in August - staying as part of a package holiday from the UK.
When and how should we request a particular area?

I've literally just requested mine HERE it says you can choose 2 options from 60 days prior to your trip :thumbsup2

That's great - MANY THANKS!

Have you been to SSR before?

Have you used Garden Grocer from the UK before?

Have you been to SSR before?

Have you used Garden Grocer from the UK before?
No to both I'm afraid, we're usually on the DDP which provides us with tons of food so never need to buy any extra food. I'm sure there are loads of people on the UK Planning thread that can help you though :thumbsup2

Does anyone know where the closest Wal-Mart is in relation to Saratoga Springs?

Looks like this is the closest - I copied and pasted the directions - 4.5 miles

Driving directions to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Walmart Supercenter
3250 Vineland Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746

1. Head southeast on FL-535 S/State Rd 535 S toward N Poinciana Blvd
0.1 mi
2. Make a U-turn at N Poinciana Blvd 3.2 mi
3. Turn left onto Hotel Plaza Blvd 0.8 mi
4. Turn right onto Buena Vista Dr 0.3 mi
5. Turn left 413 ft
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

To those who have been wondering and asking, the path to Downtown Disney is OPEN. The new bridge is still under construction, but the path and the old bridge are open for use.

Also note that the location of the resort boat dock has been changed at Downtown Disney. (Don't make the mistake we did and walk to the dock by Paradiso 37.) SSR boats now arrive/depart from the dock near Cirque du Soleil.

Thank you Dave!! We leave in a little over a week and I was really really hoping the path was open. Yay!

Looks like this is the closest - I copied and pasted the directions - 4.5 miles

Driving directions to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Walmart Supercenter
3250 Vineland Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746

1. Head southeast on FL-535 S/State Rd 535 S toward N Poinciana Blvd
0.1 mi
2. Make a U-turn at N Poinciana Blvd 3.2 mi
3. Turn left onto Hotel Plaza Blvd 0.8 mi
4. Turn right onto Buena Vista Dr 0.3 mi
5. Turn left 413 ft
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Thanks a million Magicfor2

To those who have been wondering and asking, the path to Downtown Disney is OPEN. The new bridge is still under construction, but the path and the old bridge are open for use.

Also note that the location of the resort boat dock has been changed at Downtown Disney. (Don't make the mistake we did and walk to the dock by Paradiso 37.) SSR boats now arrive/depart from the dock near Cirque du Soleil.

Fantastic...thanks Dave!!!!

oh and.. it's less than 24 hours here... :)

Hello all. We are coming from the UK in August for our first on-site stay at WDW after previously staying in villas. We had originally booked Coronado Springs with free qsdp but managed to get a great deal for Saratoga Springs Resort with the full dining plan. We are really looking forward to staying at SSR but one thing that caught my eye looking at the photos of CSR was the arrangement of tables outside by the lake where you could sit with a counter service meal or drink. I also noticed this kind of thing at Old Key West. Is there anything similar to this at SSR? I have only seen photos of the outside tables at Turf Club - is there anywhere you can sit overlooking water without having to buy a table service meal. Can I just add what a great thread this is :)

Choppygirl said:
Hello all. We are coming from the UK in August for our first on-site stay at WDW after previously staying in villas. We had originally booked Coronado Springs with free qsdp but managed to get a great deal for Saratoga Springs Resort with the full dining plan. We are really looking forward to staying at SSR but one thing that caught my eye looking at the photos of CSR was the arrangement of tables outside by the lake where you could sit with a counter service meal or drink. I also noticed this kind of thing at Old Key West. Is there anything similar to this at SSR? I have only seen photos of the outside tables at Turf Club - is there anywhere you can sit overlooking water without having to buy a table service meal. Can I just add what a great thread this is :)
There are tables at both theme pools for QS dining. A little bit of a walk, but there are also three picnic areas. You can grill out there, but could also get QS to go and make it a picnic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter