SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the nearest Starbucks coffee location from SSR? DTD?

The closest one I know of is on 535, about a mile past the I-4 ramp. It's in the same general area as the Walgreen's, but on the other side of the highway.

On Disney property, I think the only two are the Main Street Bakery in Magic Kingdom and the Fountainview Cafe in Epcot.

There are two scheduled for Downtown Disney as part of the Disney Springs conversion; one in the West Side (in the old Wetzel Pretzel location), and the other in the Marketplace near World of Disney. The construction signs say "Spring 2014," but I don't think either has opened.
You're in luck! The Downtown Disney Marketplace Starbucks (between the two main doors of World of Disney) is now open.

Another benefit of staying at SSR. Starbucks coffee a quick walk, jog, or boat ride away. ;)

If you don't mind a short walk, you can get your meal to go, walk down the stairs by the pool, walk past the DVC buildings, cross the bridge to Congress Park and take a right.

There is a nice little gazebo out on the point behind the CP buildings that overlook DTD, the boat channel and some of the golf course. There are also chairs and benches behind the pool at CP that overlook DTD.

Someone brought up the path to DTD up thread. We noted that they moved the path to widen the lake AND removed the berms that use to be to the left of the path. The bike stand has been moved to the entrance near the marketplace, right next to where the bridge will connect to the marketplace.

WE had a nice 1 bedroom overlooking the construction to Portobellos. Once they are finished, it will be beautiful again. :)

We bought DVC earlier this month when we were at AKL Kidani. We have our first trip booked for Nov 8-13 for a studio at SSR. We had the night of the 8th wait listed for about about two weeks and it came through yesterday. Have never stayed there before.

We bought DVC earlier this month when we were at AKL Kidani. We have our first trip booked for Nov 8-13 for a studio at SSR. We had the night of the 8th wait listed for about about two weeks and it came through yesterday. Have never stayed there before.

Welcome Home! :yay: I think you will love owning DVC! I love SSR because it is an elegant relaxation away from the parks at the end of the day, but it is very family friendly with lots of activities and great pools!

Welcome Home! :yay: I think you will love owning DVC! I love SSR because it is an elegant relaxation away from the parks at the end of the day, but it is very family friendly with lots of activities and great pools!

Thanks. We go every year and are not sure why we didn't buy it years ago. :confused3

Looking forward to our stay.

Here's a panoramic look at what the Downtown Disney construction looked like from Congress Park on May 16th.

Downtown-Disney-Panorama2.gif

Scroll over, there's more picture than shows on the screen ----->

Thanks for sharing, BirdsofPreyDave. That is a lot of cranes - kind of changes the view, at least before dark. :goodvibes Does anyone know when this is supposed to be complete? I would like it finished by Next May 2, please. :rotfl2:

Here's a panoramic look at what the Downtown Disney construction looked like from Congress Park on May 16th.

That was our view too, Dave. We were in Rm. 1141. Loved it. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. We will be back at the end of Oct. and looking forward to seeing the progress.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi all! I'm getting ready to make my ressie tonight at 11pm!:banana: I do have a question though - I'm planning to request Paddock in the 5100 bldg. - we stayed there last trip and loved it! I am wondering, are there any floors that do not have balconies or patios for 2 bdrms? I think they all do, but I want to be sure - coffee on the balcony or patio is a must for me:goodvibes

Hi all! I'm getting ready to make my ressie tonight at 11pm!:banana: I do have a question though - I'm planning to request Paddock in the 5100 bldg. - we stayed there last trip and loved it! I am wondering, are there any floors that do not have balconies or patios for 2 bdrms? I think they all do, but I want to be sure - coffee on the balcony or patio is a must for me:goodvibes
Unlike BCV and VWL where the room selection impacts the size & type of balcony you get, all the balconies (for the same villa type) are identical at SSR. The only difference is the first floor which has a concrete patio instead of a balcony.

advice please.. staying soon at SS. Which area is best to request if I want to be close to a quiet pool?

Does every building at SSR have the same number of studio rooms? Anyone have an idea of how many there are per building. I need to book three studios and I'd like them to be in the same building....is that possible?

Just booked our first stay at SS! We will be staying in a 2 bedroom with four 7 year olds and a 5 year old. Looking for advice on the best area to request. Our 2 biggest concerns are easy transportation to the parks and a fun pool for the kids. We do not mind a short walk to a pool and/or dining. We were thinking about The Grandstand bc it is the first stop on off the bus, but it looks like that is a quiet pool? How long of a walk to a pool with a slide. Thanks!

Does every building at SSR have the same number of studio rooms? Anyone have an idea of how many there are per building. I need to book three studios and I'd like them to be in the same building....is that possible?
Every building is identical, and has 24 studios. Being in the same building is highly likely, just put that as a request. You may not all wind up on the same floor, though.

Check out the SSR FAQ in my signature. There's a floor diagram of the buildings in FAQ 7b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter