SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Are you calling DVC Member Services or the resort? I've never had a problem getting Member Services to add my preferences to the reservation. Another option would be the "contact us" link on the member web site, and send them the preferences via email.
I'm calling the resort - I'm not a DVC member.

so have been a DVC member for 10 years...SSR is my Home......we stayed there for the first time 3 weeks ago....and we really liked it. We only stayed 3 days before our cruise than 2 days after and we were not doing the parks. We were going to do the water park but it was raining so decided against it :)

We loved the peaceful ness of the grounds and the pools were nice.....we stayed in the Springs and it was the perfect place..close to the pools...check in....food.....and the boat over to DTD.......

we usually stay at BCV because we love to walk in and out of Epcot...but since we all decided not to go to the parks we wanted to try SSR.

We only got a Studio when we normally get a one or 2 bedroom.....it was perfectly fine for the 4 of us.....boys are 20 and 17.....the pull out bed was comfortable....and big enough for 2.

the room was clean and on the stay after the cruise they gave us a hadicapped room and it was a bigger studio...so if you are doing a studio ask for that one.....they are always ready to enter the guy told me so you don't have to wait :)

All in all it was a great stay and won't hesitate again to stay there. I also liked it because it was so much less crowded because it is so much bigger than the other DVC resorts we have stayed at.....

my only complaint is that the elevators need to be cleaned...they are dirty......as if they have not been cleaned in a long time....

by the way the grounds are beautiful :) and all the staff were very polite :)

We are staying at SSR 9/21-9/26 and was curious about how the traffic in the DTD area was affecting the SSR busses if at all.

We are staying at SSR 9/21-9/26 and was curious about how the traffic in the DTD area was affecting the SSR busses if at all.
The only SSR bus that goes past DTD is the actual DTD/Typhoon Lagoon bus. The others have always had routes that avoid going past the DTD parking lots and the traffic associated with that area.

Every time I call to try to give some room preferences I'm just told to call back in a few days. We're arriving on the 9th August..
International call too.

the hotel doesn't see your reservation until 5 days prior to arrival. If you are calling the hotel you have to wait until them. Also remember that you do not call the hotel directly even though they answer that way. You are reaching a call center. It is best if you add the request through whomever you made the reservation through. If that was Disney directly you should call reservations and have them add it to your room reservation, this you can do now before the reservation downloads to the hotel

Can anyone tell me if there is a water view at the Springs if we have a studio? A water view is my most important request. How should I go about asking for it? It's just Hubby & I and we will be using Disney transportation and would like to be within close walking distance to quick service food. Is The Springs the right area to ask for? TIA!

I had asked a question about the bedspreads a few posts ago and didn't get a response. I just saw this video on you tube that was taken in March 2014 and it shows that they no longer have the bedspreads. I think the rooms look so much nicer this way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eCGRfgQmA
I'm trying to remember back to May, and I'm almost certain that our room didn't have a bedspread. I believe SSR has moved to triple sheeting instead of using the bedspreads, but I haven't had a chance to go through our photos to be sure. (Isn't it funny how the mind plays tricks on you?)

I know that all DVC resorts are moving to that, if not already there.

The part that upset me most is that SSR recently went through a refurbishment, during which all bedspreads were replaced with a new design. Hasn't been much more than a year, and they've already discarded them. I'm all for triple-sheeting (yes, I'm in the germophobe crowd), but I do wish the purchase of those bedspreads had been better coordinated with the pending change in policy.

At the very least, they could have used some of those bedspreads to make the narrow throw that goes over the foot of the bed.

Can anyone tell me if there is a water view at the Springs if we have a studio? A water view is my most important request. How should I go about asking for it? It's just Hubby & I and we will be using Disney transportation and would like to be within close walking distance to quick service food. Is The Springs the right area to ask for? TIA!
The Springs is the closest section to walk to QS dining at Artist's Palette. The Paddock section also has the Paddock Grill, but this closes when the pool closes. Artist's Palette stays open much later.

Yes, there are water views from most villas in the Springs. (Grandstand and Carousel are the only two sections that don't have some type of water view available.)

Not every room in these buildings does have a water view, though. So be sure to specify that on your reservation as important to you.

BeautyOfSSR-44.jpg

This was our view from a studio in the Springs. Room number would have been 3247 or 3347. (Can't remember what floor we were on.) The building on the other side of the water is in the Paddock.

These are all pictures of buildings in the Springs, so you can see there are lots of water-view options:

BeautyOfSSR-78.jpg

Shot from the Paddock side of the bridge. Springs Building 4101-4436 can be seen across the lake on the far side of the bridge.

BeautyOfSSR-93.jpg

Springs Building 3501-3836 shot from the bridge.

BeautyOfSSR-96.jpg

Springs Building 3101-3436 shot from the Paddocks side of the lake. (The balcony shot was taken from a room on the far left of this side of the building. The actual balcony is blocked by the trees.)

The Springs is the closest section to walk to QS dining at Artist's Palette. The Paddock section also has the Paddock Grill, but this closes when the pool closes. Artist's Palette stays open much later. Yes, there are water views from most villas in the Springs. (Grandstand and Carousel are the only two sections that don't have some type of water view available.) Not every room in these buildings does have a water view, though. So be sure to specify that on your reservation as important to you. This was our view from a studio in the Springs. Room number would have been 3247 or 3347. (Can't remember what floor we were on.) The building on the other side of the water is in the Paddock. These are all pictures of buildings in the Springs, so you can see there are lots of water-view options: Shot from the Paddock side of the bridge. Springs Building 4101-4436 can be seen across the lake on the far side of the bridge. Springs Building 3501-3836 shot from the bridge. Springs Building 3101-3436 shot from the Paddocks side of the lake. (The balcony shot was taken from a room on the far left of this side of the building. The actual balcony is blocked by the trees.)

Thank you so much! It looks like a beautiful place to stay.

We will be at SSR (requested Congress Park) next week. Anyone know if the bridge from CP to Marketplace is open yet? TIA!

Oooh, just realised we were into a new thread... we're now 12 days away from our very first trip, and I'm so looking forward to our stay at SSR! :D

I have in offer in ROFR for SSR, so hopefully I will be a proud owner soon. While I have never been to the resort, I have passed by it on the boat from Port Orleans many times and thought it looked very nice, and I enjoy many of the restaurants in DTD so being able to walk there was a deciding factor. Plus, I have always wanted to stay at a Treehouse so I will now finally get the chance!

Hi all

we're currently booked (cash) at OKW for October 2015.
we're considering moving to SSR (same price) partly for the close proximity of DTD (or should I say Disney Springs)

With all the construction going on, on the other side of the lake, what do you think ?

I've already done the OKW vs. SSR vs. other DVCs.
The only thing that could swing my vote (in one direction or the other) is the access to DTD (walking) and the actual level of construction still going on at that time.
I know none of you have a crystal ball, but maybe some SSR owners have inside knowledge or insight about DTD/DS in relation to SSR.

what is there to expect on that front in one year from now ? Basically DTD is the main appeal, for me, to choose SSR over OKW. So highly disrupted operations around the Marketplace area and bridge from SSR to DTD would be a deal breaker.

(if I change my booking, I may have to do it before Ocotber 2014 in order to retain the deal on OKW/SSR, that's why I ask now, even if it's a longshot)

thanks.

We're hopefully staying in the Paddock - arrive on Saturday... :cool1:
A few days we may like breakfast before we head out.
The Dining Plan mentions The Paddock Grill. Is that the I symbol from the map on page 1? I can't see it mentioned here - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm
Where is this place - and any idea of the menu?
Unless, of course, I've been blind and can't see it...
I believe there is a hot drink station in the Paddock area. Can you only put coffee in your resort mug - no other - and is that allowed on the buses?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter