SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We're hopefully staying in the Paddock - arrive on Saturday... :cool1:
A few days we may like breakfast before we head out.
The Dining Plan mentions The Paddock Grill. Is that the I symbol from the map on page 1? I can't see it mentioned here - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm
Where is this place - and any idea of the menu?
Unless, of course, I've been blind and can't see it...
I believe there is a hot drink station in the Paddock area. Can you only put coffee in your resort mug - no other - and is that allowed on the buses?
The Paddock Grill is at the Paddock pool. Yes, under the "I" on the map in post #2. You can find the menu here.

The Paddock has both hot and cold drinks, and you can fill your mug with anything at the refill station: sodas, iced teas, hot tea, coffee, hot chocolate.

Yes, you can carry mugs on the bus, but you're not supposed to eat or drink while on it.

We're hopefully staying in the Paddock - arrive on Saturday... :cool1: A few days we may like breakfast before we head out. The Dining Plan mentions The Paddock Grill. Is that the I symbol from the map on page 1? I can't see it mentioned here - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm Where is this place - and any idea of the menu? Unless, of course, I've been blind and can't see it... I believe there is a hot drink station in the Paddock area. Can you only put coffee in your resort mug - no other - and is that allowed on the buses?

I believe it is at the Paddock Pool and only open certain hours.

Thanks. Can I put a coffee into another (disposable) cup (are there any there?). To save carrying the resort mugs around all day. Is the coffee good?

Is the coffee good?

Since we're both from Europe, let me tell you that, as far as Europeans are concerned, US coffee is appalingly awful ... (probably americans think the same about our coffee :p )

you won't get "good coffee" (by our standards) in WDW. Tastes like it's been brewed together with a dirty pair of socks.

You'll manage to drink it, I don't promise you'll enjoy it, but one thing's for sure, it will wake you up ... quick ... :p

If you want good coffee, let me suggest getting a press pot from Kona Café.

Coffee- My DD (who loves her Starbucks frappes) plans to walk over to DtD for some Ghiradelli's coffee drinks....SIL told me that's what her boys do every morning (we are new to SSR) though I see they open late. Earl of Sandwich has breakfast and coffees and opens at 8:30am.

8:30 is probably too late.
How do the drink stations actually work? Round the clock? What about the coffee there at, sat, 07:30? Available?

8:30 is probably too late.
How do the drink stations actually work? Round the clock? What about the coffee there at, sat, 07:30? Available?
The drink stations are only open when the accompanying restaurant/bar is open.

How it works? For sodas, you have to scan the mug in the dispensor (it has a RFID chip in it), which activates the machine for approximately one mug of beverage. There's then a short waiting period of a few minutes before the mug will be enabled again. Coffee, tea (hot & cold), and hot chocolate dispensors have not yet been fitted with the RFID chip reader.

To your earlier question, they probably will not give you disposable cups to use in lieu of the refillable mug. If you want to avoid carrying around the mug all day, you'll probably have to provide the disposable cups yourself, and then transfer the drinks from the mug into that cup. (It doesn't hurt to ask, but I would think getting a cup would be the exception instead of the rule.)

Coffee- My DD (who loves her Starbucks frappes) plans to walk over to DtD for some Ghiradelli's coffee drinks....SIL told me that's what her boys do every morning (we are new to SSR) though I see they open late. Earl of Sandwich has breakfast and coffees and opens at 8:30am.
The Starbucks is now open by World of Disney.

Thanks again Dave.
So the drink station is a part of the Paddock Grill. That appears to open around 07:30 which is fine. :thumbsup2

you won't get "good coffee" (by our standards) in WDW. Tastes like it's been brewed together with a dirty pair of socks.

So true! The best you can do is Starbucks or, like you mentioned, the press at Kona Café. Resort coffee serves one purpose only...quick caffeine boost.

One other coffee option (if you like Starbucks) is Starbucks Via instant coffee...it is surprisingly good and better than most in-room coffee maker offerings while travelling.

Hi! My family and I are currently booked to stay at POFQ for a surprise last minute trip. Last night I checked into renting points for our stay at SSR through a disboards member and it was only a couple of $100 more so I think that's what we would prefer to do. We're a family of 7 (5 kids ages 1,3,7,10 & 11.) we usually stay in a villa because of our family size. The only concern I have is we'd need to wait list one night of our stay right now. I've never had to deal with wait listing before. What are the odds that it comes through? We'd be wait listing 9/26 if day of the week matters. (Stay would be 9/20-9/27.) we've never stayed here before but the resort looks beautiful so I'd be excited to try it out!

Hi! My family and I are currently booked to stay at POFQ for a surprise last minute trip. Last night I checked into renting points for our stay at SSR through a disboards member and it was only a couple of $100 more so I think that's what we would prefer to do. We're a family of 7 (5 kids ages 1,3,7,10 & 11.) we usually stay in a villa because of our family size. The only concern I have is we'd need to wait list one night of our stay right now. I've never had to deal with wait listing before. What are the odds that it comes through? We'd be wait listing 9/26 if day of the week matters. (Stay would be 9/20-9/27.) we've never stayed here before but the resort looks beautiful so I'd be excited to try it out!

That is a tough call with the dates coming up so soon. One strategy many use, including myself, is to use cash for the missing night and WL. It is expensive backup but better than being left without a night. At the 30 dayish mark people might cancel to avoid pts going into holding so there is hope.

What size villa are you looking for? If anything other than a Grand Villa, I'd say your chances fall somewhere along the spectrum of a slim-to-fair-to-marginal chance of it coming through. There is a chance, but it would be something of a long shot this close to the trip. There are a few things that work in your favor. SSR is a very large resort, and there is a lot of churn. We're also coming up on the 30-day point, so anyone who's sitting on a reservation but is unsure if they're really travelling or not will make their decision to cancel or not in the next few weeks. Also, while SSR is my personal favorite resort and there are many, many of us who absolutely love it and seek it out, unfortunately, there are many in DVC who look at it as a "fallback" location. Rest assured that there are a lot of people holding reservations at SSR who have a waitlist in to move to another resort. If their waitlists come through, it may open a slot for you to get in.

Some things that work against you, though, are that your trip is during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, which is very popular with DVC members. (At least it's not the half-marathon weekend, so that's good.) There's also a Mickey's Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party on the 26th, which is also a draw for DVC members.

I just re-checked availability for that night, and there are no 2-bedrooms or tree house villas available at SSR. OKW also doesn't have a 2-bedroom. So this is a night that's currently in high demand.

Once you're within 30 days of check-in, the chances of a wait list drop. (Wait lists often come through as part of a daisy-chain effect. Someone who has a reservation for the room you want may be waiting to see if their wait list comes through for another room. If they get theirs, you get yours. Shortly before the 30-day point, there is a flurry of wait list activity as people try to make final changes to their reservations before there are penalties for changing/canceling reservations. When you're within 30 days of check-in, though, there are different rules on how the points associated with a reservation can be used. If a wait listed room uses a different number of points than the reservation the member currently has, those points could go into holding. That's something most members want to avoid, so many wait lists cancel at 30 days out. That means the amount of churn slows down, and the chance of a wait list coming through goes down.)

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Planning on staying here on our next trip in May 2015. We have stayed here once and LOVED it! :lovestruc

Questions:

We stayed in Congress Park across from DTD last time and we loved it because of the walk there. Will the bridge to DTD be open by then? Should we request to stay in the Springs instead?

Let me know where you like to stay and why? should we request a different area.

FYI-- we are two adults that love the pool(both quiet pools and main pool). We head to the parks only a couple of days. The rest of the week we spend by the pool. The food court would be needed, but proximity to a quiet pool and DTD are preferred.

TIA:goodvibes

The new bridge is open!

Pictures and reports on facebook, today, that guests have been using the new bridge between SSR and DTD. The new boat dock for the Marketplace is also open and in use.

So true! The best you can do is Starbucks or, like you mentioned, the press at Kona Café. Resort coffee serves one purpose only...quick caffeine boost. One other coffee option (if you like Starbucks) is Starbucks Via instant coffee...it is surprisingly good and better than most in-room coffee maker offerings while travelling.
I love via. One of my friends has it in her owners locker!

The new Disney Springs Marketplace boat dock and walkway to Saratoga Springs is now open to guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter