STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I got through to the screener around 7:45 after calling right at 6 (CST). She said the galactic star cruiser department is closed to calls due to high volume and there wasn’t a queue she could put me in so I need to call later! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️Now of course I’m getting all circuits are busy. So frustrating 😢

I got through to the screener around 7:45 after calling right at 6 (CST). She said the galactic star cruiser department is closed to calls due to high volume and there wasn’t a queue she could put me in so I need to call later! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️Now of course I’m getting all circuits are busy. So frustrating 😢
Yep, that was my experience too. Annoying, but what can you do.

Has ANYONE who was waiting with a silent line (no music) been able to get through yet ?

Got into the DVC queue, where they ask for all the membership information, (selected #7 for SW) then told all member services are busy (automated voice) and are not available at this time and to call back later. It hung up on me automatically. Called back, got through the queue and same thing.

Additional Attempts
Same message and auto hang up:
9:09am, 9:11am, 9:15am, 9:18am, 9:19am, 9:21am, 9:23am, 9:25am, 9:26am, 9:28am, 9:29am, 9:33am, 9:34am, 9:36am, 9:39am, 9:41am, 9:44am, 9:47am, 9:48am, 9:51am, 9:52am, 9:53am, 9:55am, 9:58am, 10:00a, 10:02a, 10:06am, 10:07am, 10:10am, 10:14am, 10:16
Total Attempts so far: 34

On attempt 10:18am, I got transferred while I was entering the phone number. The CM picked up after 10min wait. I said, I don't know where I was transferred to, but I'm trying to reserve Galactic Hotel. Transferred at 10:29am with an "estimated wait time of 253 minutes" according to the automated voice.
Update 11:42am, automated voice updated my estimated wait time to 468 minutes. I hope I heard that wrong.
Update 1:10pm, still on same hold (DVC queue) 3 hours hold so far
Update 1:47pm, automated voice updated my estimated wait time to 668 minutes.
Update 2:53pm, automated voice updated my estimated wait time to 564 minutes.
Update 3:58pm, automated voice updated my estimated wait time to 410 minutes.
Update 5:23pm, went through to DVC cast member at 5:00pm, hold time was at 6 hours 42 minutes. CM took information (preferences for dates, seating) and gave disclaimer. Placed on hold for Star Cruiser reservationist. Quoted 1 hour hold time for reservationist. Opening week still available for standard cabins as of my initial intake. Was allowed to use points for third person. Future booking restrictions still in place: only allowed to borrow 50% from future years.
Update 7:21pm, continue to hold for reservationsist. When I started the hold, the 03/01 and 03/03 dates were available. It now appears, even confirmed by DVC CM that the 03/01 seems unavailable to book. Over nine hours on hold total, but I can only imagine the difficulty that would be October 28 general booking. Staying positive for an eventual fun experience.

Update 9:03pm, at 8:30pm I was transferred to a reservationsist. Took about half hour to book. Here's some info for consideration: Inventory is getting low, but rooms still open for booking tomorrow. Magic bands (databands) will have legal name, you cannot use an alias. The databand is picked up at the resort, it will not be mailed. Sabacc game is like the one sold at Galaxy's Edge. There will costume contest, masks are allowed on ship (not in park), armour is allowed on ship (not in park). Encouraging fun and engagement with costumes. Travel agents have the separate number to call in, and also have to be transferred to reservationist. There is no waitlist as of 07Oct; I was advised to check back a week pror to loss of 50% deposit. More specifically, this was in context of getting captains table for dinner, but I also asked about moving from 03/03 to 03/01 if a room opens up through cancellation.

Finished Call at 9:19pm, 11hours 3 minutes total call time

Last edited:
It really should not take 8 hours of being on the phone to give a company 12k of your money.
I was thinking that, especially as those prebooking that day were going to be Golden Oaks and Club 33 members, who paid a lot for that privileg…

my call went to cue at 7:01. I was on hold 2hr 4min, then had CM answer, to tell me due to high call volume, the cue has been shut down, and to call back in about an hour....

I won’t be calling back. I don’t understand the wide variability in results when calling, I literally couldn’t have been any quicker... Better luck to the rest of you

my call went to cue at 7:01. I was on hold 2hr 4min, then had CM answer, to tell me due to high call volume, the cue has been shut down, and to call back in about an hour....

I won’t be calling back. I don’t understand the wide variability in results when calling, I literally couldn’t have been any quicker... Better luck to the rest of you
Oh my gosh that stinks!!! I am so sorry

Contingency planning for an unfavorable outcome ---
Is there a direct phone number for the AP holders that received their unique code ??
My wife got the email, not me (my renewal has not been activated yet)- and she made note of the code, which was valuable this morning, but she did not take note of a direct line. I called the 407-939-5277 number, and was transferred to the silent queue.......

So I'm curious; is that the only way in, or is there a direct number ??

So have been on the phone since 7am and a CM just picked up and told me that the starcruiser line is full and to call back!!!

WTH??? and they told me the starcruiser line is a 6 hour hold too

Same here. Very frustrating. 2 h 15 min hold starting at 7:01. And now, of course, the Galactic Starcruiser number is "all circuits busy."

Update: I had hold music the entire time after the screening call, but never heard an estimated wait time. 2.5 hours after calling in, it is DONE! We are booked for 2 adults in a standard cabin on the first sailing! It is showing in MyDisneyExperience already, even though I don't have a confirmation e-mail yet.
Now it's time to go to work and earn the money to pay the balance!

So have been on the phone since 7am and a CM just picked up and told me that the starcruiser line is full and to call back!!!

WTH??? and they told me the starcruiser line is a 6 hour hold too
I’m feeling much better about my decision to sit this one out, but I’m sorry for all the frustration you’re going through this morning. I can’t fathom how a titan of industry like Disney can have such pathetic IT systems, yet they prove it again and again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter