Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see one in any of the layouts. I don't think a pool makes any sense, but a water-based recovery center could. Perhaps it could be a planned experience as part of the itinerary (staggered time-wise).

But you do bring up an interesting point; are the visits to SWGE so rigged and structured that the shuttle transport will only be at limited intervals? I certainly don't see the shuttles as something like every 20 minutes to/from SWGE.
I almost wonder if the visit to SWGE would be after the park closes at night, that’s what I would want. If I’m paying that money to stay there, I’d want to have the land to myself (and just the people staying at the resort).

Exactly. For people hoping for a desk in the room, or a pool in the resort, this isn’t that type of place. When you’re staying here, your day is going to be pretty well planned out completely from wake up to sleep time. There isn’t going to be downtime for swimming or doing work in the room. For the price you’re going to be paying, they’re going to keep you very busy.

See...that would absolutely be a turn off to me. We want to be able to stay and do our own thing, when and if we want.

I almost wonder if the visit to SWGE would be after the park closes at night, that’s what I would want. If I’m paying that money to stay there, I’d want to have the land to myself (and just the people staying at the resort).

It almost certainly will be. I vaguely recall seeing something very early on that indicated this. Remember, the whole point of the Starcruiser (and the justification for the high price) is that you are participating in an extremely immersive experience. Taking you to Galaxy's Edge in the middle of the day with 20,000 WDW tourist, would break the immersion. Making a shore excursion to Batuu with just your fellow passengers for a couple of hours would only enhance the immersion. How super cool would it be to be on Batuu with just a few hundred people and a few dozen entertainment cast members creating a full production story for you to live out. That's what they're shooting for.

Steve

Then the Galactic Starcruiser is not for you. It is NOT a hotel.

Steve
Exactly, you’re not paying to stay here to do your own thing or use it like a regular hotel to visit parks. This is an experience from arrival to departure and everything will be planned out.

I have been pondering the logistics for this experience and curious as to other’s thoughts. If everyone on the starship arrives and leaves at the same time, does that mean that there is one designated night (after hours) for the excursion to Batuu, maybe on day 2? Is there enough on board activities to keep you busy the other day? Pick an early or late dinner time, a la cruising? Would GE be closed off early to other guests every other day? Twice a week? I am slightly obsessed with trying to figure out how this would all work. I am clamoring for the details to be released!

I get that it's not a hotel. But it doesn't have to be all or nothing, either. I figured there would be a mix of planned/scheduled activities and free time.

Again, this is a gussied up version of a murder mystery weekend. If those aren't your thing, and they're not mine, this isn't for you. The growth of escape rooms and similar interactive cosplay events suggests there's a growing market for this kind of thing, and Disney are trying to capitalize on that.

Again, this is a gussied up version of a murder mystery weekend. If those aren't your thing, and they're not mine, this isn't for you. The growth of escape rooms and similar interactive cosplay events suggests there's a growing market for this kind of thing, and Disney are trying to capitalize on that.

That's kinda disappointing Though, not like we could have ever afforded it anyways lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bunks are not large enough for adults or even tall teenagers. They probably want discourage groups of 4 adults from booking the rooms, even if they are charging per person, a cruise ship usually charges less for the 3rd and 4th person in a room, and Disney would probably prefer that those cheaper guests be children, given the all-inclusive nature of the experience.

But what about two adults who don't want to share a bed? I usually travel with my sister and sure, we can share a bed, but we'd really prefer not to.

I get that it's not a hotel. But it doesn't have to be all or nothing, either. I figured there would be a mix of planned/scheduled activities and free time.

I think that's a fair question. Are all the adventures/missions the same itinerary and it's just a matter of rinse and repeat, week after week, etc.? Or could there be booking variants that allow for an offering for a more free-form experience?

I think that's a fair question. Are all the adventures/missions the same itinerary and it's just a matter of rinse and repeat, week after week, etc.? Or could there be booking variants that allow for an offering for a more free-form experience?

This. I mean, the reality is - you can't expect a family with a 4 and 6 year old to be able to do the same itinerary as a family with a 10 and 12 year old, or a party that is all adults. That just won't work. And their own concept art shows pictures with young children. So, I just can't fathom that they are literally going to have every minute planned out. There's going to have to be some flexibility and options.

I think what most will do is have the 2 nights immersive experience and then move to another hotel for the regular WDW activities. For what it will cost, they better have activities planned for most of the time. I’m sure there will be breaks to relax.

I would be surprised if there are not a few free hour blocks. Like "ok.. ship is going into light speed. We'll be approaching the asteroid field in an hour. We need everybody back on Deck 7 at that point. Until then you are free to go"

This. I mean, the reality is - you can't expect a family with a 4 and 6 year old to be able to do the same itinerary as a family with a 10 and 12 year old, or a party that is all adults. That just won't work. And their own concept art shows pictures with young children. So, I just can't fathom that they are literally going to have every minute planned out. There's going to have to be some flexibility and options.

I wonder if they might do it like a convention setup where for each time slot there are different "sessions" you can pick from. This is happening on the bridge.. this is happening in engineering, and pick which one you want to do and they all tie into the overall mission and story. You can see/hear about same events but from different perspectives. Some sessions may be more family based and others more adult based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter