Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they might do it like a convention setup where for each time slot there are different "sessions" you can pick from. This is happening on the bridge.. this is happening in engineering, and pick which one you want to do and they all tie into the overall mission and story. You can see/hear about same events but from different perspectives. Some sessions may be more family based and others more adult based.

This is kind of what I was thinking too.

Sorry I haven't kept up or read the entire thread but has Disney announced anything as to what it will cost to stay here? Probably still too early I imagine for that yet?

Sorry I haven't kept up or read the entire thread but has Disney announced anything as to what it will cost to stay here? Probably still too early I imagine for that yet?
Disney hasn’t announced it, but on the podcast they speculated in the $2500 range for two nights. I don’t know if that’s expected to be for full occupancy, like two adults and two kids, or what.

Disney hasn’t announced it, but on the podcast they speculated in the $2500 range for two nights. I don’t know if that’s expected to be for full occupancy, like two adults and two kids, or what.
There have been lots of speculations about prices, and that seems in line with the majority of opinions. My guess is that is the two adults price, and to add more to your room will be an add on (like +$800 per kid or +$1000 per additional adult). Or they might run different deals depending on your party size. Either way, I don’t expect Disney to announce prices until very close to opening, basically a few days before you can book it.

I wonder if Disney reads these threads to tweak their plans, you guys bring up some great points and ideas.

as for the ‘private’ night excursions into batuu, I think Disney is setting the table for this by eliminating EMH’S altogether. (This is true? Or still rumour?) They have learned how to sell one day twice via all those private early mornings, and private late night tickets. And now EmH is going/gone, even more opportunity to do so.

On the other hand, if this experience restarts every other day, I can’t see early closure of Star Wars land every other night. This experience is geared for families with children going by the room design so it’s not like they can make the private visit at 11 pm at night.....

on the other hand ( ok, this is the third hand) Disney could scheduled a private after hours event every other night in the Star Wars area, that required a hard ticket that is available to the public for a certain astronomical price. Perhaps the guests at this hotel get a ‘free’ entrance as a perk, and Disney just writes ‘the script’ that allows for, and plays along with the fact that there are a lot of tourists in batuu. They would have actors to help play off on those tourists.

Perhaps we will have threads on these boards three years from now how to get ‘picked’ to role play along with storm troopers or the rebel alliance, during these private parties for the benefit of the guests staying at the hotel.....

This may have been asked already, but will this be a dvc resort or something else entirely?
It will be something else entirely, sort of like a cruise ship, except that instead of being at sea for 3 days and 2 nights you’ll be somewhere out in the Star Wars universe for that entire time.
This article is a year old, but just think of it as being COVID-delayed: Galactic Starcruiser announcement .

One arm, one leg, and your firstborn clild to get in the doors. Upgrades will be available for the other arm and leg. Best upgrades requires selling your soul to Palpatine.

Talk to me in 5-10 years.

That’s never going to happen. It’s not just the capacity issues, but as designed, it’s not really set up for repeat guests, and it’s especially not designed for those who just like to go to WDW once every year or every other year, since it’s not a hotel designed for you to visit WDW itself and most of the experience happens at the hotel.

As far as I can tell, aside from a quick trip to Galaxy’s Edge, you aren’t really intended to leave. For example, would be a massive waste of money to stay there as just a hotel and spend most of your time at MK. I am sure some people with more money than sense are going to just book it because it seems like the fanciest option and then are going to complain, but the SW hotel is definitely designed as an add-on to a Disney experience, than just another resort to stay at.

No one is going to want to buy a timeshare there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter