Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

Disney did the theming and immersion, but the bottom line is that Disney wants people eating in their parks. If people are choosing to eat elsewhere because they’re turned off by the names of food or they’re taking a pass because they don’t really understand what they’re ordering, I can see why a change was made. People don’t always stop to read the description of food. If tip yip is the first thing they read, they may take a hard pass and move on. It’s what people do.

I personally love the Tip Yip. But if I didn’t take the time to read to see what it was, I wouldn’t have ordered it. The name itself doesn’t sound very appetizing. Lol.

I don't understand this argument. So hungry people are waiting on line in a restaurant, they get up front to order (or have menus in hand). There are two sentences on each item. They stop after reading the first sentence due to "confusion" and then just....go somewhere else?

Because that extra one second to keep reading was too much of a commitment? So they...go elsewhere? Not buying it. Look at the Disneyland menus, which still have the original names. It's almost impossible to read "tip yip" with your eye already going to the next word, which is chicken.

I mean, obviously they're changing for a reason, no doubt reacting to customer complaints. But those complaints are absurd.

At this rate, it'll be six months before Docking Bay 7 is serving chicken fingers and fries.

I don't understand this argument. So hungry people are waiting on line in a restaurant, they get up front to order (or have menus in hand). There are two sentences on each item. They stop after reading the first sentence due to "confusion" and then just....go somewhere else?

Because that extra one second to keep reading was too much of a commitment? So they...go elsewhere? Not buying it. Look at the Disneyland menus, which still have the original names. It's almost impossible to read "tip yip" with your eye already going to the next word, which is chicken.

I mean, obviously they're changing for a reason, no doubt reacting to customer complaints. But those complaints are absurd.

At this rate, it'll be six months before Docking Bay 7 is serving chicken fingers and fries.
I agree that the complain about the original names is absurd, but they are obviously changing because people are just not dining there.
I think, probably the biggest issue is people looking on MDE, before deciding to eat there, even before even entering the land. And yeah, it's just laziness on reading, people are probably just scanning quickly, and tip yip, endorian, shaak , are not words they recognize so they move along.

Can only speak to my one moment in time experience last Friday around 11am.

Long (and somewhat chaotic) line outside wrapped next to the building. ADR and non-ADR guests were all in the same line. If you had an ADR, CMs near the end of the line would check you in on an iPad and tell you to stay in the line. Other CMs would walk the line calling out parties and pull you out of line when ready. Whole wait was probably <5 for us.

YMMV.

That's how it worked for us for all three ADRs last month, too.

Im not sure what you mean by argument. I just think many people do a quick glance as they walk by and move on if something isn’t instantly recognizable. I don’t think it really matters how hungry people are. If people don’t immediately connect to a menu, they’ll eat elsewhere. Just my opinion.

On the flip side, If people are hungry and the first words they see are chicken or pot roast, I think they’re more likely to stay in line and order.

I agree that the complain about the original names is absurd, but they are obviously changing because people are just not dining there.
I think, probably the biggest issue is people looking on MDE, before deciding to eat there, even before even entering the land. And yeah, it's just laziness on reading, people are probably just scanning quickly, and tip yip, endorian, shaak , are not words they recognize so they move along.

Oy geez........................ I read things like this and I can't think of any nicer way to say this... People CANNOT possibly be that STUPID...... and yet here we are. Obviously this isn't something that Disney would ever WANT to do, but feel like they HAD to do. The theming of the land is INCREDIBLE and it makes me so sad to see it being dumbed down like this.... especially when it is done for what I assume is a small minority. It just blows me away because like others have said the description is RIGHT THERE under the name! That is how I figured it out!

I mean, what next? It isn't like Batuu is the only place like this.

No more Flynn's Feast at the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast? I don't know what a Flynn's Feast is. I'm not eating Flynn. I'm not a cannibal! Let's go eat somewhere else. Oh wait.... there is the description RIGHT UNDER the name!! Like on EVERY MENU at EVERY restaurant on Earth. Sorry... I'm ranting........... this is very annoying. LOL Maybe Flynn's Feast should be the "Meat and potatoes feast" so people know what it is.

How about Be Our guest. Anyone know what these are by the name? I don't speak French.

Tuna Niçoise Salad
Croque Monsieur
Les Macaronis Maurice

If you notice too the old names are still under the larger generic names.

Well that's good, because when I go, I am still going to order by the real names. Looking forward to that Shaak roast!

Seriously, I agree with everyone here who is disappointed at the "dumbing down."

I'm curious why the Docking Bay 7 food names were changed only in SWGE WDW and not (so far) in DL? Does anyone have intel on why the coasts have been treated differently in that regard?

I agree that it was a terrible idea to change the names. I only recently learned what a "beignet" was. That does not mean I needed the menu to read "Mickey Mouse thing-that's-like-a-donut-except-lighter-and-fluffier-and-way-better".

In all the name change excitement, I forgot why I sctually came into this thread yesterday:

So, do we think the DHS Kat Saka's is going to get the new Chocolate Popcorn with Krait Red Salt?

Does anyone have intel on why the coasts have been treated differently in that regard?
DLand is its own separate entity and doesn’t have to follow what WDW decides to do. They may not want the expense of changing the entree names, or, on Surveys, perhaps no one is complaining about the names.

That's what I said, the online menus reverted back
I was seconding what you you wrote, saying I saw the same thing, but adding that I found it odd that Mobile Order still hadn't changed back.

Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I do that sometimes.

I was seconding what you you wrote, saying I saw the same thing, but adding that I found it odd that Mobile Order still hadn't changed back.

Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I do that sometimes.
Yeah, it's confusing if the menus show one thing and the online menu shows another. Makes me really question the answers from the CM in the land that it's going to stay as it is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter