Still no 2016 discounts!?!?

That sounds more negative that I really am about all this. I'm just eager to plan, an impatient person, and usually very positive in general. :)

This made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my coffee. Thanks for the laugh this morning.
you're very welcome, I try to keep it light and not take anything in life too seriously because in the end pretty much everyone on this board has been privileged enough to visit dw at least once. Whereas if you took a good chunk of kids on this planet and plopped them down in magic kingdom they would think they were dead and gone to heaven. I've got a trip planned for me and the gf for october 16' and have fingers crossed for discounts but I'm not expecting anything at this point and won't boo-hoo if none come out, plus I've got a great aunt who lives in the hamptons so I have that for a fallback plan.

We just got back from Disney a few weeks ago and the only cure for my Disney blues is to plan the next trip! I've been anxiously waiting for these current deals to expire so the new ones will come out! Our last trip included free dining and it was amazing. I'm crossing my fingers that another great deal is on the way!!

Ahhhh - discounts :). Yes, Sandy and I did this - years ago. The "Discount Hunt" - the waiting, the uncertainty, the hope, the prayers.... "When will it show up?"...

We quite all that, became DVC members, and we no longer CARE about the stinking, pathetic discounts that get worse every year, and don't apply to anything but the junk WDW has a current problem MOVING.

Now - this message is not for everyone.....
Do you have CAPITAL? About 29K worth. Not getting any interest? Consider, if you WILL go to WDW every year, becoming a DVC member. It's not cheap. It should NEVER be financed, unless one likes monetary pain. It will cost you close to 28-30K in cash, right up front.

Now - what do you get?

Deluxe accommodations at a practical price of about 30% of public booking. Based on our spreadsheet over 4 years, accounting for time cost of money, and discounts.
No more bargain lurking - it takes a lot of time.
Instant TIW qualification.
An 11 month booking window at your home resort - allowing you to SHUT OUT the vagabonds, and get what you WANT.

This program is NOT for everyone. If an agent told you that you could finance it, RUN. If you have some serious cash, sitting in a dead end CD? Think about it... You WILL need about $28K US Dollars to buy in.

However - if you DO go to WDW EVERY YEAR, you HAVE THE CASH, and the desire to KEEP going? Please, look into it.

I imagine if the OP had that kind of money just sitting around to begin with, they wouldn't be starting a thread about discount codes. Thanks for the commercial, though.

:confused3

I imagine if the OP had that kind of money just sitting around to begin with, they wouldn't be starting a thread about discount codes. Thanks for the commercial, though.

If I had over a million dollars sitting around (and it certainly wouldn't be in a dead end CD but rather in dividend producing investments!) I would still be posting about discount codes. Saving money is saving money, some people are just all about it! It's part of the reason my wife and I just can't make the jump up to deluxe, I can't justify the price regardless of how much money I have.

I would also assume that many people (including me and possibly the OP) have at least $28k accessible to them (that's really not much money at all!) but that doesn't mean I'd be giving it all to Disney to lock in vacations forever. Save, Invest, Earn...rinse and repeat...and then go to Disney on a discount code even when you're rich!

Back on the original point - many are expecting to see 2016 discounts released in the next 3 weeks!

Ahhhh - discounts :). Yes, Sandy and I did this - years ago. The "Discount Hunt" - the waiting, the uncertainty, the hope, the prayers.... "When will it show up?"...

We quite all that, became DVC members, and we no longer CARE about the stinking, pathetic discounts that get worse every year, and don't apply to anything but the junk WDW has a current problem MOVING.

Now - this message is not for everyone.....
Do you have CAPITAL? About 29K worth. Not getting any interest? Consider, if you WILL go to WDW every year, becoming a DVC member. It's not cheap. It should NEVER be financed, unless one likes monetary pain. It will cost you close to 28-30K in cash, right up front.

Now - what do you get?

Deluxe accommodations at a practical price of about 30% of public booking. Based on our spreadsheet over 4 years, accounting for time cost of money, and discounts.
No more bargain lurking - it takes a lot of time.
Instant TIW qualification.
An 11 month booking window at your home resort - allowing you to SHUT OUT the vagabonds, and get what you WANT.

This program is NOT for everyone. If an agent told you that you could finance it, RUN. If you have some serious cash, sitting in a dead end CD? Think about it... You WILL need about $28K US Dollars to buy in.

However - if you DO go to WDW EVERY YEAR, you HAVE THE CASH, and the desire to KEEP going? Please, look into it.

This has the stench of elitism. Ask the people who can't resell for a loss how they feel about their glorified timeshare.

This has the stench of elitism. Ask the people who can't resell for a loss how they feel about their glorified timeshare.

Ok…just to be clear…i don't support the tone or the tenor of the snark on this thread…

but there is some truth to the basic premise and we have had long, WWI trench type battles back and forth on "what's the best deal" on a multitude of threads over the years here. I can remember (the content…not the name or inconsequential attitude) of somebody a year or so ago putting up "have your useless timeshare…i'll laugh my way to the bank with free dining…hahaha!" posts over and over again.

but that's a fools stance. Now - dvc now at the ridiculous point costs may not be such a good deal…but for those of us that got into it years back - there is no discount promotions…nor ever will be…that will allow the kinda of frequency and discount yield that a 1992-about 2010 or so DVC contract will yield. There's no way to twist the numbers and try to make a case - like they used to with trickle down economics.

If you go with anytime of biannual, annual, or more frequency - you just can't touch it with a once in time package deal…

BUT…that doesn't make it a universal slam dunk anymore like the snark here. No way.

But…i have to ask…what do you speak of as these "those that can't sell them at loss" dvc types?

you have to factor in the use they got out of it…not just todays resale price…it still would be hard to actually "lose" when you factor everything in.

Now…if they bought 1,000 points at saratoga in 2007 for $115 a point on a discover card with 24.99% apr while living in an underwater house pre credit/housing bubble crash…then maybe you got something.

But the one kind of thing i actually AM an optimist in this country on is that i hope that kind of stupidity is an outlier.

i hope.

That is one of the 3 busiest weeks a year…so it is highly unlikely to see what you're hoping for.

Honestly…and i still hold the line on this…pull them another week and save the money.

i know that the teachers, curriculum, common core, gym schedule in many places tells you that they CAN'T miss school….

but if they are on a level anywhere below senior thesis at MIT, Stanford, or Yale…they are lying.

but that's a fools stance. Now - dvc now at the ridiculous point costs may not be such a good deal…but for those of us that got into it years back - there is no discount promotions…nor ever will be…that will allow the kinda of frequency and discount yield that a 1992-about 2010 or so DVC contract will yield. There's no way to twist the numbers and try to make a case - like they used to with trickle down economics.

If you go with anytime of biannual, annual, or more frequency - you just can't touch it with a once in time package deal…

BUT…that doesn't make it a universal slam dunk anymore like the snark here. No way.

Indeed, for some people the DVC investment has already paid itself off and future trips are of minimal cost. It's not even necessary to go twice a year. Depending on how you've done your math, less frequent but longer visits can also pay off well.

No it won't work for everyone, but why would it? It's not like there's a single way to vacation that suits everybody after all.

And perhaps most importantly, most of us don't really give a toss who has the biggest di...scount.

Indeed, for some people the DVC investment has already paid itself off and future trips are of minimal cost. It's not even necessary to go twice a year. Depending on how you've done your math, less frequent but longer visits can also pay off well.

No it won't work for everyone, but why would it? It's not like there's a single way to vacation that suits everybody after all.

And perhaps most importantly, most of us don't really give a toss who has the biggest di...scount.

Getting close to 10 years for me...and honestly the discount off rack and all the time we had with our kids when they were little puts me in a scenario where I could pay somebody to take it off my hands now and I'd still be ahead when you break it down factoring all the costs and benefits.

It USED to be the best deal bar none...now the metrics have come back to the pack but you still probably would be hard pressed to beat it.

...but that doesn't mean I'd be giving it all to Disney to lock in vacations forever.

Which is kind of my point.

Whether the OP has the money or not is irrelevent - they're anticipating a 2016 discount. If they're looking to save money on ONE trip (sometime in 2016) and not a trip every single year, WHY would someone suggest that they could spend 28k on a timeshare? That would defeat the entire purpose of *any* 2016 discount.

Easter Week is a long shot for a discount, but I hope that it happens for you.

We are trying to take advantage of Easter being so early this year sand going in late April (our school's April break). I was all set to pull the kids out of school 10 days or so after Presidents Week until I saw that late April projects to be slower as most Spring Breaks have already happened. Hoping for a discount offer myself!

So make sure you don't forget to pay your dues on top of your initial payment and have a nice night.
AMEN!

Whether the OP has the money or not is irrelevent - they're anticipating a 2016 discount. If they're looking to save money on ONE trip (sometime in 2016) and not a trip every single year, WHY would someone suggest that they could spend 28k on a timeshare? That would defeat the entire purpose of *any* 2016 discount.
HAHA - yes great point! It would be like going to the meat dept in a grocery store and asking the customer behind you in line if they knew if you could use a store coupon on a couple of steaks and the customer responds "you could use your pathetic coupon OR you could get away from all these vagabonds if you just go to this farm down the road and buy a COW."

As for me...I happen to like some of the vagabonds, LOL!

That sounds more negative that I really am about all this. I'm just eager to plan, an impatient person, and usually very positive in general. :)

I'm still getting discounts to come down this year in both email and snailmail. I think they are trying to pack the place like never before to justify a fast construction schedule and price next year to really get the new attractions and lands combined with people on the edge of 1 last trip to see the osbourne lights but haven't pulled the trigger yet..

I'm not expecting to see discounts for Q1 until october sometime but also looking out for them as I need to schedule something for march.

Is there a specific website that will send an email when the discounts come out or do you guys keep checking the WDW website daily?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter