• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stinky People

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
Out of all the pet peeves I see here frequently, like line jumpers or pool hoppers or parade spot stealers, one that I don't recall seeing is stinky people. I'm not talking about those whose deodorant has finally failed after a long day in the Florida sun. I mean the ones who probably never heard of deodorant (and possibly not bathing) in their lifetimes. There is a noticable difference in odor intensity between deodorant failure and unabated vicious body odor. I thought of this today as I was getting in a ride and caught a whiff of my seat's previous occupant...phew! I was very glad I hadn't been stuck next to him in line. At least with line jumpers, you can tell them to get their butts back to where they belong. What do you do with the stinkers, other than drop back a few places to get our of their odor aura? It's not like you can whip out a handy dandy deodorant can!

:rotfl2:

I have an extremly sensitive nose, I can literally tell you what someone is eating about 10 cubicles away at work (my co workers think its hilarious and test me), so for me that is a big problem. I just slow down or speed up to get away in crowds. I don't think I've encountered it in lines, but I can remember getting stuck next to someone w/ an obnoxious amount of perfume during ITTBAB once, so I had my nose (descretley) plugged the whole time, which is convient since I hate the stink bug part anyway.

:rotfl2: First let me say that I L'dMAO at your post. I carry Bath & Body works hand sanitizer lotion in my bag, and when I get around a smell that I find offensive, I take it out and use some on my hands and rub some under my nose, so I smell the scent of the lotion instead of the stinker!!!! :lmao:

I am not kidding, at Sea World last June (during a very intense heat wave in Orlando) the man sitting next to me at the Believe Show stunk so bad I really thought I would puke. It was just awful. And he was so close to me I literally felt heady from the fumes! Dd kept looking at me with this pained look on her face but what could we do? And he was such a nice man which just made me feel bad for wanting to pick him up and throw him into the tank!

To the OP. How dare you suggest that we have to bathe just so you can enjoy your trip to a themepark. I find this very offensive! And expensive, considering the cost of running water these days.
((Kidding)) ;)

In all seriousness, I have a horrible sense of smell. It has to be right in my face in order to even tell *slightly* what odor it is. This is a good and bad thing. I miss out on good smells, but don't have to worry about if the person sitting next to me on a bus took a shower that morning.

:rotfl2: First let me say that I L'dMAO at your post. I carry Bath & Body works hand sanitizer lotion in my bag, and when I get around a smell that I find offensive, I take it out and use some on my hands and rub some under my nose, so I smell the scent of the lotion instead of the stinker!!!! :lmao:

I do the same thing, hand sanitizer is very useful in those situations. I thought I was only one to do that.

Out of all the pet peeves I see here frequently, like line jumpers or pool hoppers or parade spot stealers, one that I don't recall seeing is stinky people. I'm not talking about those whose deodorant has finally failed after a long day in the Florida sun. I mean the ones who probably never heard of deodorant (and possibly not bathing) in their lifetimes. There is a noticable difference in odor intensity between deodorant failure and unabated vicious body odor. I thought of this today as I was getting in a ride and caught a whiff of my seat's previous occupant...phew! I was very glad I hadn't been stuck next to him in line. At least with line jumpers, you can tell them to get their butts back to where they belong. What do you do with the stinkers, other than drop back a few places to get our of their odor aura? It's not like you can whip out a handy dandy deodorant can!

:rotfl2: OMGaGa

That is horrible!! I suppose ya just do what ya do in elevators and try not to breathe until the ride starts and hopefully airs out. :confused3

I once was behind a guy who didn't have the best odor in line at the Haunted Mansion. Although it was pretty funny to the people in my group, we did not make him feel embrassed. We did try to avoid him as much as possible. One thing we did was walked slowly in line and made sure he was a good distance away.

A few years ago we had some stinkers on the bus one morning! We caught the bus at POFQ and headed to the MK. There weren't seats for us all together, so DH and I sat about middle ways and our 2 DSs went all the way to the back. About 1/2 way through the trip, I turned around to check on them and they were practically sitting in each other's laps (very strange for a 12 and 17 y/o!) and the little one had turned an interesting shade of green.

I was concerned that he had gotten carsick and was praying that we would make it to the MK without an incident. When we got there, they literally raced off the bus and of course I was right behind them yelling, "what's wrong?" They were both laughing at this point, but the lady that had sat next to them smelled so bad, that I could still smell it around them. They were both thankful that it was a bus ride to the MK and not the long ride out to AK!! They said they honestly thought they would have puked if they had to spend another few minutes back there.

At least in the parks you can get away from it, but being trapped on a bus next to it is not pleasant. The sad thing is it was 1st thing in the morning...not someone who's deodorant had failed after a long day in the parks. It made me sick to think of that person sleeping in the hotel bed at night smelling like that! I felt sorry for the person who would be getting that room next!

Stinky people don't bother me as bad as kids and/or adults that sneeze or pick their nose and then touch the queue railing. And I've also read in other threads that they've seen kids LICKING the railings too!!!!

So needless to say, I now carry hand sanitizer with me and use it everytime I accidently touch the rails. :)

Some people choose not to wear deoderant because of the aluminum in it. My dad works with a guy who doesn't just for that exact reason. It makes sense, but at least be nice and wash your pits in the restroom multiple times a day!!! For the sake of others.

That is such a good idea. My youngest DS has recently become obsessed with B&B hand sanitizer. I was planning on stocking up on the little bottle before out trip next year, but never thought to use it for that.

Oh my! Once while in Disneyland, DD and I rode Space Mountain sitting behind some guy who just reeked of BO. He was riding with his hands up in the air and I was getting a fresh blast of BO from his pits on the entire ride. DD must not have a sensitive nose because she was riding with her hands in the air too. Me -- I had my hands over my face, plugging my nose and trying to keep the BO from flying into my mouth. I wanted to laugh and I wanted to cry. Horrible!

Oh my! Once while in Disneyland, DD and I rode Space Mountain sitting behind some guy who just reeked of BO. He was riding with his hands up in the air and I was getting a fresh blast of BO from his pits on the entire ride. DD must not have a sensitive nose because she was riding with her hands in the air too. Me -- I had my hands over my face, plugging my nose and trying to keep the BO from flying into my mouth. I wanted to laugh and I wanted to cry. Horrible!

omg, keep the BO from flying into your mouth!!:rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao: laughed right out loud with that one, I seriously can just imagine how you must have felt.

last summer while on line in splash mountain there was a man passing gas in front of me and my brother. the wait was like 40 mins but every 5-10 mins u could smell him breaking wind. it was horrendous lol :rotfl2:

When you're theme park afficionados like we at the DIS are, you tend to run into certain individuals whose odiferous eminations are similar to the hind quarters of a rabid buffalo after consuming mass quantities of sour milk and bratwurst. We must remember, however, that unpleasantly smelling people can come from all areas of the globe.

With them all in mind, this card was created. Please feel free to present this next time you're faced with this noxious situation..

buttocks.jpg

This has me thinking about what's worse, bad BO or gassy people. I've experienced both..and bad breath for that matter.

At a job a few years ago I was cashing a customer out and literally had to keep my head turned away from her because she was rambling on about something and had the worst breath I've ever smelled! I leaned down like I was getting something and said "have a good night" because I could not bring myself to turn and face her and turn back into the cloud of stink.

Speaking of clouds of stink, I now work at a grocery store in the specialty cheese department. Let me tell you we have some RANK smelling cheeses in there, but that's nothing compared to the (and I really don't mean to be offensive) elderly people who toot along their merry way. This happens all the time, and last weekend I was helping a customer by a particular case, when an old woman (80's at least) slowly walked by and left the most noxious trail of gas behind her. The customer and I smelled it at the same time and had to move because we couldn't stand there in it.

OMG, I'm so glad I started this thread! It has me ROFL and LMAO. I am going to start bringing nicely scented sanitizer; I usually bring moist towels instead, but the sanitizer can have a double purpose. I own a horse (appropriately named Figment), and honestly the things that come out of his butt, both solid and gaseous, don't smell near as bad as that dude did.

When you're theme park afficionados like we at the DIS are, you tend to run into certain individuals whose odiferous eminations are similar to the hind quarters of a rabid buffalo after consuming mass quantities of sour milk and bratwurst. We must remember, however, that unpleasantly smelling people can come from all areas of the globe.

With them all in mind, this card was created. Please feel free to present this next time you're faced with this noxious situation..

buttocks.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl::lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter