• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stinky People

Here's a slight spin. My family and I were at Epcot and wanted to use a snack coupon and get a french pastry. We got in line behind a woman and began to climb the little steps into the pastry shop. I looked up for some reason and noticed that her hair was teeming with lice! I immediately turned around and gave my family the "eye" that means don't ask, just follow me NOW! We waited for awhile until the coast was clear to get our treat. I didn't know what to think.

Double OMG! Lice is one thing I'd never thought about getting at WDW. :eek:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:That would been it for DH and I, The CM should have offered the Booger Pirate a kleenex and sanitizer, especially with all the flu stuuf around. It is sick for kids to do it but ADULTS in PUBLIC:confused3:scared1: that is just wrong on so many levels I do know where to begin.

Double OMG! Lice is one thing I'd never thought about getting at WDW. :eek:

DITO that, the question is how do you function comfortably like that in the heat. Lets hope they were not trying on any character hats.pirate::scared1:

DITO that, the question is how do you function comfortably like that in the heat. Lets hope they were not trying on any character hats.pirate::scared1:

Shudder.

I can't eat from midnight until after my surgery tomorrow. But that lice post made me lose my appetite, so it shouldn't be such an issue now. BO I can live with, but lice teeming hair :scared1:

We actually walked out of the Indiana Jones show for this reason once. It was a ridiculously hot and crowded day, and as usual CM's kept instructing us to move closer and closer together. The gentleman next to me had such a strong odor, and between that and the heat, DH and I were both on the verge of throwing up. I've never experienced anything like it.

At risk of being *too* gross, another problem I've experienced is when you walk into a restroom stall right after a sweaty woman who doesn't have the best hygiene. Goodness, will that knock you over!

I know how you feel, hence the mini can of Lysol I keep in my purse.;)

When you're theme park afficionados like we at the DIS are, you tend to run into certain individuals whose odiferous eminations are similar to the hind quarters of a rabid buffalo after consuming mass quantities of sour milk and bratwurst. We must remember, however, that unpleasantly smelling people can come from all areas of the globe.

With them all in mind, this card was created. Please feel free to present this next time you're faced with this noxious situation..

buttocks.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2:That is great....now here is a way to make people think about their hygiene , make a t-shirt with this card and above it print "does this describe you?":confused3. Just a subtle way to make the Stinkers aware.:idea:

Oh my! Once while in Disneyland, DD and I rode Space Mountain sitting behind some guy who just reeked of BO. He was riding with his hands up in the air and I was getting a fresh blast of BO from his pits on the entire ride. DD must not have a sensitive nose because she was riding with her hands in the air too. Me -- I had my hands over my face, plugging my nose and trying to keep the BO from flying into my mouth. I wanted to laugh and I wanted to cry. Horrible!

I read on the internet that Thorpe Park (theme park in the UK) actually banned people from lifting their hands in the air on rides during the summer so their BO didn't cause offence!

At work this week the company past out personal hand sanitizer's to help with the H1N1 flu, now I have another use for the sanitizer, putting it under my nose to ward off those bad smells.

Sounds like RAMPANT MUTANT BO.:lmao: Remember that from Seinfield. That was one of my favorite episodes. The valet driver's bo was so bad that it left the smell in Jerry's car and it rubbed off on him and Elaine. :rotfl2:

I too have a super sniffer. BO/bad breath makes me nauseous, and the overly perfumed/cologned folks give me a headache :sad2:

Once we were at NASA in Texas on the tram, and there were some super duper BO smellin guys on there with us. Now we're on an open air tram OUTSIDE, thank goodness we weren't indoors with them. I could only imagine how bad they smelled when they weren't "airing out".

Our BO Disney experience was in Restaurant Marrakesh. We were just starting to finish up our meal when some people came in and sat down behind us. I kept catching a whiff of something smelly and was hoping it wasn't their food (our food was good). On our way out, my hubby went to use the restroom. When he came out, he said one of the stinkers was in the restroom with him...and he was definitely a BO stinker :sick:

We've always visited Disney in Nov when the weather is nice and cool. Now I'm scared for our trip in May when it will be hot :scared1:

One thing I've learned from living in a city that is a world famous tourist destination:

There are alot of foreign guests and immigrants from countries where deodorant is not used, or not available. Some of these guests may use perfume instead of deodorant. They may also come from cultures where bathing the entire body daily is not normally done (example: bidet use).

Most of the immigrants catch on and learn about deodorant and daily bathing after awhile.

But OMG...there is nothing worse than seeing (and smelling) a richly dressed tourist, obviously with money who reeks to high heaven of B.O., often laid over with a heavy perfume.

And for those of you suffering from deodorant failures...you know, you can buy mini travel sized versions of roll and spray on deodorant and take then with you to the parks. (I know I do, I pack it along with my sunscreen. In my family, deodorant failure is not an option).

What I don't understand is why anyone living in this country wouldn't at least bathe every couple of days.

And that bunny shirt...LMAO. I would kill for a shirt that said something like this, in multiple languages (you can include the bunny too):
"Your armpits smell bad. In this country, we have a product called 'deodorant' to fix that." (Also include a diagram of various packages of deodorant, with illustrations on how to apply it to your armpits).

Let me say I am not that sensitive to smell.

Back in the mid/late 90's the DW and I were looking to buy land in the country. We found a place for sale so went to check it out. The county has quite a few poultry farms. If the barns are really dirty or if they are being clean the smell can be very bad. And you can smell the barns quite a distance away if the wind is right. Or wrong depending on ones point of view. :lmao:

The place we were interested was being sold by a man in his 80s. The house on the land had a floor that leaned quite steeply. :scared1: Even after it had been fixed. :eek: The house was built around 1900 and the man was born in the house. He was a chicken farmer.

He SMELLED liked a chicken house. :scared1::sad2::rolleyes1 We could keep our distance so it was not bad. But then we heard some rabbit hunters on his land. :rolleyes1 Said rabbit hunters were not supposed to be on Chicken Mans land...

So I agreed to go with him to tell the men to get off the man's land.

Sitting in that truck which reeked of chickens with a man who smelled like chicken litter was VERY hard. I rolled down the window and leaned my head out. :rotfl:

Which reminds me of a guy I worked with in the early 80s who was a severe alcoholic. He would buy the cheapest work truck he could get. One with a vinyl floor. :scared1: The vinyl floor made cleaning up his puke easier! :scared1::rolleyes::sad2: The SMELL in Vomit Man's truck was unreal.

Then there was The Smell at Sea World back in the early 90s.

I was sitting waiting for Shamu with a friend. We were chatting away and this smell hit us. Shamu does not smell great but this other smell hit us up side the head. We turned around to see where this stench was from and there was a family whom I assume was from Africa and mostly likely from an area that did not have alot of water.

They smelled SOOO bad it was indescribable. It was just aweful. I have smelled animals that have been dead for days that smelled better. Chicken Man and Vomit Man had better smelling trucks. :scared1::eek: It was unreal. This poor family came into the stadium and sat down.

MULTIPLE rows of people around them would get up and move. All at once. :scared1:

It was that bad.

We moved. :confused3:rotfl:

To be on a ride with them would be unbearable.:rotfl2:

I really felt bad for them and us because they likely thought that Americans were a bunch of racists. But the crowd had every color of the human rainbow and they all just got up and moved. There was a space 3-4 rows around these people.

I would love to know who these people where and how they got to Sea World. I am assuming someone sponsored them on their visit and that in their home country water was scarce for bathing.

Then there was they guy I used to work with from Germany. He would go out at lunch and play soccer.....

In Tampa, Florida.... Tampa is the most hot and humid place I have every lived....

In the summer time!

And return to work without a shower....

The AC would kick in and it was like a kick in the head when his "perfume" wafted through the office. :scared1::rotfl2:

So, far, knock on wood, we have been pretty lucky at WDW.

Later,
Dan

dmccarty- HOLY COW you've been around some stinkers :scared1: The whole chicken/vomit man story was funny yet nauseating :sick:

We lived in Germany for 3 years and there are alot of other nationalities that live there too....who happen not to wear deodorant.

When the packers came to deliver my furniture, in June, on the 4th floor of our apartment building, I had to air that sucker out the rest of the night!!!

My poor DW got on EE and a single rider sat next to her. She was miserable the whole ride. He had really bad BO! I mean REEAALLYYY:scared1: bad BO!! You all know the kind, smells like fresh cut rotten onions, with a little bit of staleness and musty ole beach towel thrown in. He must have smoked about 10 cigarettes too just before you got in line. It was horrendous!!!

I did a science experiment when i got home ( i really did:banana:) to see if i recreate that wonderful bouquet. I took an onion, a wet dirty facecloth, a banana peel, cigarette butts, and a bay leaf (for some earthiness) and put them in a zip lock bag and sat them in my trunk for 2 weeks.

My DW actually said that the guy actually smelled worse. :eek: Turkey Leg anyone?

The part I bolded = :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Referring to the Seinfeld episode, which was the first thing I thought of when reading this thread, George referred to it as "BBO." "Beyond BO." :lmao:

As a Cast Member in '87, I heard stories of Cast Members from other countries being given explicit instructions that if they were to work at Epcot, in World Showcase, they had to bathe regularly AND use deodorant.

I worked in the motorcycle industry for many years, and you can get away with saying things to bikers in the bike shop, that you normally could not get away with saying to regular customers. I have used these exact words more than once to a fresh smelling biker, "Dude, You Stink!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter