• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stinky People

When you're theme park afficionados like we at the DIS are, you tend to run into certain individuals whose odiferous eminations are similar to the hind quarters of a rabid buffalo after consuming mass quantities of sour milk and bratwurst. We must remember, however, that unpleasantly smelling people can come from all areas of the globe.

With them all in mind, this card was created. Please feel free to present this next time you're faced with this noxious situation..

buttocks.jpg
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::worship: That's awesome!!.

FWIW, I think they've proven that the aluminum in deodorants does not cause health issues..I knew a guy once that started using one of the "natural" crystal things under his arms. Didn't work! Another one would try to rub his armpits with rubbing alcohol. WTH? Jeez, just buy a stick of Degree already.:sad2:

This reminds me of the time I was on the tram going to work feeling a bit under the weather when one of the most horrendous smells ever got on the tram followed by its owner. Lucky me had the pleasure of sitting in front of her and her offensive smell - unwashed, seriously unwashed, greasy dreadlocked (not gone out and got them purposefully!) hair, filthy clothes etc etc. Not only did she stink in body, she sat the whole time staring at me then let out the most vile halitosis and cigarette laden belch I have ever experienced:sick:. I considered contributing to her stench by vomiting on her but chose to get off early and walk the rest of the way in the fresh air!

Last week we had a 7.5 hour flight and there was a group of immigrants, 15 - 20 people boarding that collectively could have stopped a freight train, they smelled so bad! Boy was I grateful that they were not anywhere near us. We used the lavatory at the front of the plane so we didn't have to even walk past. Poor flight attendants!

I guess this is yet one more reason to avoid Orlando from May to October! :rotfl:

Thanks, I think, because now I lost my appetite, and I need to lose weight before our trip in NOVEMBER, when people aren't so stinky.

My poor DW got on EE and a single rider sat next to her. She was miserable the whole ride. He had really bad BO! I mean REEAALLYYY:scared1: bad BO!! You all know the kind, smells like fresh cut rotten onions, with a little bit of staleness and musty ole beach towel thrown in. He must have smoked about 10 cigarettes too just before you got in line. It was horrendous!!!

I did a science experiment when i got home ( i really did:banana:) to see if i recreate that wonderful bouquet. I took an onion, a wet dirty facecloth, a banana peel, cigarette butts, and a bay leaf (for some earthiness) and put them in a zip lock bag and sat them in my trunk for 2 weeks.

My DW actually said that the guy actually smelled worse. :eek: Turkey Leg anyone?

Oh my! Once while in Disneyland, DD and I rode Space Mountain sitting behind some guy who just reeked of BO. He was riding with his hands up in the air and I was getting a fresh blast of BO from his pits on the entire ride. DD must not have a sensitive nose because she was riding with her hands in the air too. Me -- I had my hands over my face, plugging my nose and trying to keep the BO from flying into my mouth. I wanted to laugh and I wanted to cry. Horrible!

That is SO funny and GROSS!!!!!!:scared1::lmao:
I have a super sniffer too and I know what you mean about STINKY PEOPLE at Disney!!!:sick: I think my worst stink experience was last year when we were at Fantasmic. We were sitting in front of one of those large tour groups of teenagers. Now, I have a teenager and I'm constantly reminding him to put on deodorant but several of these kids did not have any on (no parents to remind them) and of course they decided to start THE WAVE!!!!!:lmao:

When you're theme park afficionados like we at the DIS are, you tend to run into certain individuals whose odiferous eminations are similar to the hind quarters of a rabid buffalo after consuming mass quantities of sour milk and bratwurst. We must remember, however, that unpleasantly smelling people can come from all areas of the globe.

With them all in mind, this card was created. Please feel free to present this next time you're faced with this noxious situation..

buttocks.jpg

Thanks! I have a super sniffer and I NEEDED this card!!!:lmao::rotfl2:

It's funny you should mention this. Just last night, after we got off the Snow White ride, DH turned to me and said that the breath of the woman standing behind him was so bad he thought something had died.

This type of discussion would fit better on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now

Just a gentle reminder that there are those of us who find perfume even more offensive than "natural" stink. I was in line at Soarin' on the last trip and the lady ahead of me evidently felt that half a bottle of Chanel was imperative for the day. Bad enough but the lady with her had overdosed on some other fragrance and the marriage of the two scents was not a happy one. So please ladies (and gents who favor the stronger aftershaves), leave your lovely scents off when milling in the heavy, heated lines at Disney.

For those with sensitive noses, you could always adopt the historical practice of carrying a scented handkerchief (remember, a little bit goes a long way). This is what Europeans did when immersive bathing was considered dangerous to the health.

We actually walked out of the Indiana Jones show for this reason once. It was a ridiculously hot and crowded day, and as usual CM's kept instructing us to move closer and closer together. The gentleman next to me had such a strong odor, and between that and the heat, DH and I were both on the verge of throwing up. I've never experienced anything like it.

At risk of being *too* gross, another problem I've experienced is when you walk into a restroom stall right after a sweaty woman who doesn't have the best hygiene. Goodness, will that knock you over!

I think part of the problem is the wicking or dry/fit material used in a lot of athletic wear now. Yeah, the garments are great for not feeling wet when sweating and dry really quickly, but it is next to impossible to get the smell out of the material. Think wet beach towel rolled up in a bag for several weeks. We followed a guy through Soarin' last week wearing one of those shirts. It got worse and worse the closer we got to the ride. I have issues with height anyway and knew if I had to ride close to him it would be all over--literally. So, I took the chicken's way out and left the queue right before it got to the loader.

ugh... add to the BO the smell of cigerettes and it's a combination of gross. Someone said it right a few posts back.. that people aren't aware of their own smell... honestly if smokers knew how bad they smelled they would never smoke. I have a relative that sweats alot... and smokes (which is probably why he sweats alot). It's like the smoke smell comes out of his pores. It makes everyone want to puke and noone ever wants to get stuck next to him.... how do you tell someone without hurting his feelings? I got stuck beside a woman on Everest when my DS and DH wanted to ride together.. I volunteered to ride with a stranger... which I never mind. She turned to me to talk and her breath was so bad from cigerettes that it made me feel sick. I couldn't be rude..... so I just grinned and bared it.

Just a gentle reminder that there are those of us who find perfume even more offensive than "natural" stink. I was in line at Soarin' on the last trip and the lady ahead of me evidently felt that half a bottle of Chanel was imperative for the day. Bad enough but the lady with her had overdosed on some other fragrance and the marriage of the two scents was not a happy one. So please ladies (and gents who favor the stronger aftershaves), leave your lovely scents off when milling in the heavy, heated lines at Disney.

For those with sensitive noses, you could always adopt the historical practice of carrying a scented handkerchief (remember, a little bit goes a long way). This is what Europeans did when immersive bathing was considered dangerous to the health.

Exactly. I can't stand perfume and cologne. I can tolerate very faint smells, but so many people bathe in it and it gives me migraines. I think the point of perfume is to put a dab on, or so I thought. If I can smell it hours after the person has left, than there is a problem. I much ppefer the smell of clean. Which is nothing I guess.

I have a real sensitive nose too- thanks for all the tips. I wish I had them earlier this month...we were at the Nemo show & an entire family was just soo stinky & not just from 1 day at the parks stinky! They were split up in the row in front of us & the row behind us. They kept passing food back & forth to each other, reaching over us. Ugh! The seats filled up soo quickly we never had a chance to move. It was bad.:sad1:

Just a gentle reminder that there are those of us who find perfume even more offensive than "natural" stink.

I second this, and would like to add, the reek of cigarettes is pretty gross, too.

Stinky people don't bother me as bad as kids and/or adults that sneeze or pick their nose and then touch the queue railing. And I've also read in other threads that they've seen kids LICKING the railings too!!!!

So needless to say, I now carry hand sanitizer with me and use it everytime I accidently touch the rails. :)

Some people choose not to wear deoderant because of the aluminum in it. My dad works with a guy who doesn't just for that exact reason. It makes sense, but at least be nice and wash your pits in the restroom multiple times a day!!! For the sake of others.
OMG! I have never seen licking the railings thank goodness,but this past may in Epcot DH and I were walking alond WS and happen to look at the queue for Beauty and The Beast character great where a young man (who from appearance alone was probably a 22 year old STINKER) proceeded to pick his nose, I should say did for hidden treasure.What is worse however is he was looking at the horrified looks of DH and myself and kept on with the historic digg. Needless to say did not have the cheese plate after that.
As far as stinky people the B&B sanitizer does work, and have been using that for some time.:flower3:

OMG! I have never seen licking the railings thank goodness,but this past may in Epcot DH and I were walking alond WS and happen to look at the queue for Beauty and The Beast character great where a young man (who from appearance alone was probably a 22 year old STINKER) proceeded to pick his nose, I should say did for hidden treasure.What is worse however is he was looking at the horrified looks of DH and myself and kept on with the historic digg. Needless to say did not have the cheese plate after that.
As far as stinky people the B&B sanitizer does work, and have been using that for some time.:flower3:

This made me laugh-we were recently at TSM and the guy (30-40) behind us was picking his nose (won't go into detail but he was mining LOL). When it was our turn to ride- the CM put "the picker" in the car with my friend:scared1:.

Here's a slight spin. My family and I were at Epcot and wanted to use a snack coupon and get a french pastry. We got in line behind a woman and began to climb the little steps into the pastry shop. I looked up for some reason and noticed that her hair was teeming with lice! I immediately turned around and gave my family the "eye" that means don't ask, just follow me NOW! We waited for awhile until the coast was clear to get our treat. I didn't know what to think.

:lmao: If I laugh any louder, my bossing is going to want to know what the heck I'm doing!! :rotfl2:

I've smelled my fair share of BO at the World, but the worst was at POTC Jan.09. A couple and their daughter (in a diaper I hope) were in front of us while walking through the que. The daughter poops along the way and they do nothing! My family stopped and stepped to the side. The smell was horrendous :sick: There was no way in HEDouble Hockey Sticks I could have gotten into a boat with them. I couldn't believe they didn't go change her :confused3 The ride was about a 10 min wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter