Strange phone call regarding timeshare

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
Hey fellow DVCrs,

I am not sure if this is related to the MFA on DVC website, however I received a call yesterday that sounded super scammy. They stated that my timeshare had rented out my unit behind the scenes by the main company that sold it to me and that they wanted to send me information to my address. I acted like I didn't have a timeshare to get them to leave me alone, however it was super suspicious and I didn't give any information obviously. Anyone else experience this? What was it like for you? Do we need to report something like that?

Damage to your timeshare that you’re going to be assessed for is another popular scam. Hang up on these guys.

You can try reporting such: “Report telephone scams online to the Federal Trade Commission. You can also call 1-877-382-4357 (TTY: 1-866-653-4261). The FTC is the primary government agency that collects scam complaints.”

We get calls like this all the time....did you know that the company is limiting inventory for owners, yada, yada, yada. I just say that I am good with how my DVC runs and say have a magical day...and hang up!

Your deed is public record. These scam companies gather deed records and try to match the owners to phone numbers to generate call lists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter