Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney eventually requires all strollers to be folded when parked

They'd have to start renting ones that folded, then.....

That and I doubt Disney would require that. Think about the single mom with a squirmy 1 year old in one hand and trying to fold a stroller with the other EACH time you park it. When you have multiple adults it isn't a huge deal but still a pain.

That and I doubt Disney would require that. Think about the single mom with a squirmy 1 year old in one hand and trying to fold a stroller with the other EACH time you park it. When you have multiple adults it isn't a huge deal but still a pain.

Not to mention that Disney does move strollers around, it would make it harder on the CM

I don’t mind them enforcing the rule, however there are PLENTY ECV’s that are larger than strollers. The ones that Disney rents out are ginormous. They cannot be easily moved by a cast member when parked. They can cause serious damage to an individual if they are run over or even bumped. (I received a huge gash on my ankle from a first time driver) Their turning radius is significantly worse than a stroller. Hopefully, Disney starts cracking down on these as well.

Are battery powered/supplemented strollers prohibited at Disney theme parks? I went to the park rules (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/) and didn't see a clear definition.

You got me - I know a lot about strollers but I’m not sure I know what your talking about here. Is this like the origami strollers that fold on their own? Or ones that are motorized and push themselves like this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today.com/today/amp/tdna68156

I’m honestly curious by what you mean. Maybe a link to the stroller?

Good for Disney finally enforcing this rule. This whole"wagon, but not a wagon because you can push it" business has gotten out of hand. During my trip last September there were multiple of those types on the bus rides that wouldn't fold down because the owners of them have them jam packed with items. Bus drivers gave up and it created a hazard on board because it rolled and slammed into the doors multiple times. So my OPINION, I am happy about this news!

I would think ECVs would HAVE to be larger by nature as they're for adults, not children.
But if the whole reason they’re enforcing sizes is because of capacity and walkways not being able to accommodate strollers surely the same issue would apply to ECV’s.

But if the whole reason they’re enforcing sizes is because of capacity and walkways not being able to accommodate strollers surely the same issue would apply to ECV’s.
I wouldn't care either way; if they have a size then stick with it--ecvs or strollers.

But I do think the PP was responding to your comment of "however there are PLENTY ECV’s that are larger than strollers". Strollers are made for children. ECVs are made to accommodate adults. That initself should mean ECVs can be (and probably are majority of the time with the average stroller) larger than strollers.

But why are “wagons” that are pushed inherently bad? They are smaller than a double stroller (and some single strollers) and more maneuverable so what part makes them such a problem? The opposition to them kinda smacks of “this is a rule, because it’s a rule, because it always been the rule.” Not because the actual virtues of a flat rectangular configuration actually cause more problems in the park than a triangular chair configuration.

OK - those do look like fun! From my perspective, looking under the park rules, I could see how they may fall under rule a) for recreational devices which are prohibited. I know they have a such as and don't specifically list them but I could easily see a CM saying no to this. You could try to argue it's just a wheeled mobility device (f) but I'm not really certain I'd want to risk it when going into the park myself. Maybe someone else has more experience with these in the park though.

This is terrible. How will I get the grill in? You don't expect me to cook burgers on a coleman stove or something, WITHOUT hickory? Do you!?

OMG I don't think the 160 quart cooler is allowed either. The 120 is pretty close, maybe they'll let that slide? I'm outraged to the point of considering Mall of America next year.

This is terrible. How will I get the grill in? You don't expect me to cook burgers on a coleman stove or something, WITHOUT hickory? Do you!?

OMG I don't think the 160 quart cooler is allowed either. The 120 is pretty close, maybe they'll let that slide? I'm outraged to the point of considering Mall of America next year.
:rotfl2:

Goodness..i HOPE! There is NO reason for a freaking wagon or large stroller. Its a day in a theme park..not a 2 week safari. We've always thought wagons or anything else other than normal stroller is just ridiculous.
Thank you Disney!
Even with small kids...we never had more than what could fit in our pockets and in small back pack....VERY small. Once the kids turned 3....NO MORE strollers. They walked just fine. Worse case, i gave any daughter a piggy back ride now and then. Sadly, We see 9 year olds in strollers....seriously, that's just wrong..lol

But why are “wagons” that are pushed inherently bad? They are smaller than a double stroller (and some single strollers) and more maneuverable so what part makes them such a problem? The opposition to them kinda smacks of “this is a rule, because it’s a rule, because it always been the rule.” Not because the actual virtues of a flat rectangular configuration actually cause more problems in the park than a triangular chair configuration.
I think the difference is this: A triangular chair configuration is designed to transport the butt of a small child and is primarily used in strollers, which are allowed in the parks. A flat rectangular configuration is designed to transport pretty much whatever you want and is primarily used in wagons, which are not allowed in the parks.

It’s possible, but unlikely, that people without stroller-age children will bring in a stroller to cart around their stuff. But a wagon? I can see a family with no need for a stroller bringing one in to hold coolers, clothes, and whatever else people feel the need to carry around. Disney doesn’t want this type of proliferation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter