Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what people generally do, but I have seen tons of doubles with only one kid, and strollers woth absolutely no kids in sight, just a means to cart stuff. This is the most insane I've ever seen it in regards to strollers, wagons, and scooters. I am leaving AK right now and there was a family with a straight up wagon wandering the park. No wheelchair tag, no push wagon, just a plain giant wagon.

Also, if you need a scooter, don't let your kid drive it through the park. I mean 10 year olds have absolutely no reason to be driving these things.

So I can think of a few reasons why you would see strollers without kids. The last time I was at the park (DD was 4 at the time - and used the stroller, especially towards the end of the day) but there were times my siblings took her on a roller coaster and my mom and I would have the stroller and would be going to meet them. I was pregnant and couldn’t ride those rides at the time and my mom doesn’t like roller coasters. So right there you would have seen two grown women pushing a stroller probaby with bags in it and no kids in sight. But it was still needed that trip.

That said they should be turning away strollers that don’t fit the size requirements specified and should at a minimum have a list that can be used to determine those strollers that are too large.

Regarding the wagon being pulled I am rather surprised that was allowed. And I agree that those are too difficult to maneuver in crowds to be allowed. I do agree that people should be aware of park rules and that those rules should be enforced. If they have issues with people, including CMs, not understanding the difference between a wagon that is pulled vs one that is pushed then that should be addressed.

So I can think of a few reasons why you would see strollers without kids. The last time I was at the park (DD was 4 at the time - and used the stroller, especially towards the end of the day) but there were times my siblings took her on a roller coaster and my mom and I would have the stroller and would be going to meet them. I was pregnant and couldn’t ride those rides at the time and my mom doesn’t like roller coasters. So right there you would have seen two grown women pushing a stroller probaby with bags in it and no kids in sight. But it was still needed that trip.

That said they should be turning away strollers that don’t fit the size requirements specified and should at a minimum have a list that can be used to determine those strollers that are too large.

Regarding the wagon being pulled I am rather surprised that was allowed. And I agree that those are too difficult to maneuver in crowds to be allowed. I do agree that people should be aware of park rules and that those rules should be enforced. If they have issues with people, including CMs, not understanding the difference between a wagon that is pulled vs one that is pushed then that should be addressed.
Strollers without kids can happen for a variety of reasons, I even know some people who have used their kids old strollers as cheap walkers once their kids have outgrown the stroller.

All wagons should be banned, it shouldn't matter if it is being pushed or pulled, sorry, but they have proven to not work well in the parks.

I have noticed the single strollers getting bigger and bigger over the years. :rotfl:
I’ve seen some that are actually bigger then the doubles.
The single strollers are getting bigger because parents insist on pushing their older children in them. If you need a stroller to hold an 80 pound 2nd grader you need a bigger stroller. No 80 pound kid can fit in an umbrella stroller.

The single strollers are getting bigger because parents insist on pushing their older children in them. If you need a stroller to hold an 80 pound 2nd grader you need a bigger stroller. No 80 pound kid can fit in an umbrella stroller.

I suspect that it has more to do with childhood obesity. There is a sad amount of children young enough to warrant strollers, that are too heavy/big for regular models.

Except that it sticks out 4 feet in front if you....sorry don’t know any strollers like that. :confused3

Nope! You are wrong. Just because you want it to be true doesn't make it so. The dimensions speak for themselves. It is 19.5" x 34". It is the same size (or smaller!) than most single strollers but holds two kids. It is actually BETTER in a crowd as it is less space per kid than a traditional double stroller.

But I'm sure you think the sky is red and no one will be able to convince you it is blue. Regardless of the facts presented, you believe what you want to be true not what is actually true. :confused3

You want to push your kids to hike 15 miles in the rain while they're elementary age, that's your deal. You want to push your teenager around in a stroller, that's your deal.

Dude. Just do what's best for your family. You don't need a freaking double decker wagon to do that, end of story.

I thought this was going to be a comment about not judging others (that I could get behind and this thread needs more of)...until you decided to get judgy about stroller wagons :sad2:

One thing about the Keenz is I bet a lot of people use them with one kid even though they are the size of a double. No one is renting a double BOB for one kid. I know my neighbor takes their Keenz for one kid.

It is the size of a single stroller so who cares if only one child is in it? Like another poster said, I often see double strollers with only one kid in it and another walking. Heck we do this all the time so that my 3 year old can walk (and burn energy) while the 1 year old is in the double stroller. He can't walk the whole day so a double stroller (which he may or may not be sitting in at any given moment) it is.

The stroller companies must be raking in the bucks. It does seem like the demand is there for bigger and better strollers. I also see lots of bells and whistles for the parents. Multiple drink holders, huge storage compartments....this adds to the size too.

Wagons need to be called wagons, push or pull. Giving them a cute name doesn't change the fact that they are wagons.

But why is a pushed stroller wagon different than a traditional stroller? In 10 pages NO ONE has offered a compelling reason other than because they feel like it is.

It is smaller than a double stroller and many single strollers yet fits two kids.
It pushes the exact same as a stroller. It is no more likely to hurt another person than a traditional stroller. We own four strollers (umbrella, single, double, and Keenz and the Keenz is by far the easiest to drive)
The children are well contained in a five point harness
It folds easier and smaller than a traditional stroller

By all accounts it is SUPERIOR to a traditional stroller. This thread is a lot of people getting worked up about stroller wagons without looking at the actual facts. This is just comical!

But why is a pushed stroller wagon different than a traditional stroller? In 10 pages NO ONE has offered a compelling reason other than because they feel like it is.

It is smaller than a double stroller and many single strollers yet fits two kids.
It pushes the exact same as a stroller. It is no more likely to hurt another person than a traditional stroller. We own four strollers (umbrella, single, double, and Keenz and the Keenz is by far the easiest to drive)
The children are well contained in a five point harness
It folds easier and smaller than a traditional stroller

By all accounts it is SUPERIOR to a traditional stroller. This thread is a lot of people getting worked up about stroller wagons without looking at the actual facts. This is just comical!

How do they maneuver? I’m seriously considering renting one (I have a jogger and a city mini but thought it may be a good option if my 6 year old wanted to sit for a little while... instead of renting a huge double or bringing two strollers). The one complaint I’ve read is that for shorter people the canopy may be hard to see over...

It really doesn't matter why a family is using a stroller as long as they can show some common decency and patience in crowds. I wish there was some type of stroller handout Disney could give, not that anyone would read it. For example, when using the restroom don't take your double wide into the women's restroom so that others have to climb over it to get out. Don't let your 4 year old push your one year old in packed springs break crowds. I could probably come up with 1,000 more but it wouldn't matter anyway. No one would listen :mic: ok I'm done ranting. Time to visit a lounge.

How do they maneuver? I’m seriously considering renting one (I have a jogger and a city mini but thought it may be a good option if my 6 year old wanted to sit for a little while... instead of renting a huge double or bringing two strollers). The one complaint I’ve read is that for shorter people the canopy may be hard to see over...

It is great! Very easy to push and turns on a pretty tight radius. We got it a few months ago and haven't used our double since.

So I know the Disney moms panel gets all kinds of flack for being wrong, but they have answered questions about the push wagons a few times lately and they reference the official word from Disney is that the official policy is they are not allowed. There are a few of the panel members that replied to Len’s tweet that they have been frustrated that they have had to answer that they are not allowed despite knowing they are being used in the parks and were interested to see what happens.

We have twins, who are long out of the stroller (overachieving 10-year-olds), but all I would say about pushing a doublewide is it is better for them to be smaller than bigger when maneuvering in crowds.

What I did notice on our last trip were several large princess-themed wagons. I think that is the prime target for a ban. A few photos of a "princess" being pulled around MK hitting social media will turn 1 wagon today into 10,000 next year.

Disney is in a "tight" spot. The parks aren't getting much bigger or the crowds smaller, but the number and size of all these wheeled vehicles seems to go up every year.

Last edited:
acd8b5db-2965-40ac-9e4a-bf02a18b3c24_3.b930d788d782497dc53478778caf5f66.jpeg

For the win!

We are now stroller free at the parks but when we get to WDW in a few weeks I am set on renting a stroller. Not for my kids, for me! I really want to rent one and have my kids push me just down main street lol. I can imagine the judgement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter