• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stuck on the Skyliner

It happens more regularly than it should, let's put it that way. When they announced that they were building it, I remember people going on and on about how this is a flawless system that rarely goes down. How they have been using them in the mountains for decades without issues, yada yada. First month in and they are evacuating. It has gone down several times for varied length of times. It has also had at least 2 crashes that have been reported. I know that there are fans out there that will defend this system, but it does not have a good track record.

Thank you, yes it was distressing. We were on there with four other people that we didn't know so that made it worse and more claustrophobic. We are staying at carribean beach so I'm going to have to use it a lot.
Stay hydrated and bring an extra water aboard.
Drinking water helps alleviate my claustrophobia a bit when I'm feeling triggered.
Good luck! :goodvibes
What was in the emergency kit?
Skyliner opened Sept 2019 and a month later the famous getting stuck for 3 hours incident occurred. Nothing like that has happened since but back during that first month the emergency kit contents were a hot topic: Small bags of water, glowsticks, a notepad, pee and defecation containers.

70742B9D-BAF5-4B00-B215-A7543DA4710B.jpeg

Skyliner opened Sept 2019 and a month later the famous getting stuck for 3 hours incident occurred. Nothing like that has happened since but back during that first month the emergency kit contents were a hot topic: Small bags of water, glowsticks, a notepad, pee and defecation containers.

View attachment 712622
The few times that I rode the Skyliner, I asked to be put in my own gondola. I have bladder issues and so if I got stuck on it, I would NEED to use that pee container and no one should have to pee in front of strangers like that. Especially since the next group would only have to wait a few second to get on the gondola after me.

Stay hydrated and bring an extra water aboard.
Drinking water helps alleviate my claustrophobia a bit when I'm feeling triggered.
Good luck! :goodvibes
No bathrooms on the gondola. Pick your poison.
Yes, this has happened several times, sometimes for hours. It doesn't happen all the time, but it occasionally happens. I won't ride it on a hot afternoon for that reason.

They should have compensated you for the stress and lost time by giving you ride passes.
Disney tells us to allow 90 minutes. Disney doesn't generally offer compensation if you have to wait 30 minutes for a bus or for monorail issues. Ask and you.might get something
It's a bus on a string. Sometimes there are problems. I could certainly be wrong but I've never heard of compensation for a bus being late.
We were stuck on a monorail at the MK stop for 45 minutes. Made us late for our ADR at the Poly. It wasn't even a quirk. There was a Mickey Christmas party and they had kicked everyone out. They had to add another monorail. So nobody thought that there might be one needed ahead of time? Nobody on that train was offered any compensation.
I was waiting for and on a boat from mk to gf. Close to 30 minutes
Barges had to set up then perform water pageant. Jl

In June 2021 we were stuck on the skyliner for 50 minutes. We were feet from the unload section of the CBR station. If the doors could have been opened it would have been about a two foot step down.

We were told we could open the emergency kits. Several pouches of water, some glow sticks, a whistle and some pee bags were inside from what I can remember.

Managers were greeting riders as they exited the gondolas after it restarted and gave everyone $50 gift cards. Concierge at POP gave us free ride via Mears taxi to our car at DHS.

. It wasn't even a quirk. There was a Mickey Christmas party and they had kicked everyone out. They had to add another monorail. So nobody thought that there might be one needed ahead of time?

Probably scheduled by the same guys who schedule people for FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
"Sorry, you know the holidays are busy, so packages are going to be late" EVERY YEAR it's the same response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter