Summer Alumni Program!!

i3reakMeAgain

Mouseketeer
Who's applying?! I just did! However, I don't know if the arrival date will work for me :( unless my school/professors will let me take my exams a week early. No harm in applying though and taking it from there. I actually just submitted my app a few minutes ago.

So.. any other alumni going for it?!

I decided not to do Summer Alumni and go for Fall instead. But I can't wait to see which other alumni do go down. :)

(I am a little annoyed though. Of course Disney adds Attractions AFTER I do my last summer program. ;) ).

i just applied on a whim. I don't know if I want to go but I applied anyways! I miss gmr!

I applied for QSR at my old location, Port Orleans. Then as second choice, attractions at MG.. err.. Hollywood Studios or MK.

If they will let me live off property and not pay rent, then I think I'll be applying due to the fact that they wait-listed me for F/T. I'm not going to pay rent on my Orlando Apt. and CP housing though--NO DICE!

I'll keep you all posted... I'm just waiting for a response to my email.

Sure did. They aren't hiring ANYONE now. I'm on the hire list, but I have to follow up every month to stay on the list, for up to 6 months and if not hired by then, I have to reapply and essentially start over again. Tons of openings here, but they aren't hiring anyone.

:( I was approved for F/T attractions and front desk though. Either way, I'm waiting to hear back from a few places, hopefully T-Rex about interim employment. The manager told me a couple of weeks. I'm hoping only a few more days before I hear something though... I HATE waiting to know about a job. It's so stressful...

Talked to recruiting today... Application submitted :)

I do NOT have to take CP housing, and it won't change my application for F/T... I just can't accept a F/T role while on my program, or it's considered termination, and therefore I am ineligible.

Woo and Hoo!:upsidedow

I applied yesterday for the alumni program!!! I am so excited, can't wait to find out if I get it or not!!! Haha, I have been home for less than a month and Im already making plans to go back!!

Does anyone know how long it generally takes to hear back for the summer alumni program?

This is from the summer alumni page:
http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/alumni/summer_program.htm
"If you have not heard from our office within six weeks of submitting your interest, please contact our office at wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com."

This is from the notification faqs:
http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/faqs/faq_notification_process.html

"When will students receive an answer regarding their interviews?
Students should hear from College Recruiting generally within four to six weeks following their interviews. This may be notification of a final decision or notification that additional time is needed before a final decision will be communicated. "

Although I read that alumni aren't going to be interviewed unless they have an unfavorable rehire status, I'd make a guess that the 4-6 week time frame would be about right since the recruiting office will still have to sift through everyone who applied, look up their rehire, and do whatever else they need to do to make decisions and send out notification. Since they give the 6 week max response time on the alumni page, then I would say 4-6 weeks is a pretty safe bet.

But of course, I'm just guessing.

I applied on a whim as well. I put Animal Kingdom Camp Minnie Mickey or Asia. I picked of course, Attractions.

Do we need to fax the application as well?

Talked to recruiting today... Application submitted :)

I do NOT have to take CP housing, and it won't change my application for F/T... I just can't accept a F/T role while on my program, or it's considered termination, and therefore I am ineligible.

Woo and Hoo!:upsidedow

That's great Nell! :)

Does anyone know how long it generally takes to hear back for the summer alumni program?

My first Summer Program I got the letter in about 2.5 weeks. But my second, I got the letter in 5 weeks (that was last summer, 2008).

I applied on a whim as well. I put Animal Kingdom Camp Minnie Mickey or Asia. I picked of course, Attractions.

Do we need to fax the application as well?

Yes. I believe you do.

I want to apply. In fact I might, but not for sure yet. I have to talk with my adviser here at school. I normally wouldn't care when I finished college, but they are changing my requirements for graduation on one of my majors. So basically if I do not graduate by July 2010, I have to change everything for my major, and I still have to student teach before that...ugh stressful college life haha... But anyway I am hoping I can go!!!!

Just a quick question about the summer Alumni Program -

Do you have to apply for it within a certain timeframe of completing your CP?

Just a quick question about the summer Alumni Program -

Do you have to apply for it within a certain timeframe of completing your CP?

I believe it is opened to all alumni with a good rehire status.

Did anyone who applied get any sort of confirmation email? I was expecting one, and I have not received anything (I applied on the 21st). And do we need to send in our role checklist and application?

Maybe I just missed this info somewhere on the site....I've been kind of airheaded since school started, I guess that's what taking too many supply chain courses can do to a person. I just recall it saying fill out a role checklist...but then what do you do with it? :confused3

I believe it is opened to all alumni with a good rehire status.

Did anyone who applied get any sort of confirmation email? I was expecting one, and I have not received anything (I applied on the 21st). And do we need to send in our role checklist and application?

Maybe I just missed this info somewhere on the site....I've been kind of airheaded since school started, I guess that's what taking too many supply chain courses can do to a person. I just recall it saying fill out a role checklist...but then what do you do with it? :confused3

I haven't. I remember the application saying we do need to send a role checklist (why if we can only do certain roles anyway? Lol) and the online application.

I just an email confirming that WDC received my application, and that was it. My status with the company is still up in the air though, so I don't know what my next step is other than to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter