Summer Alumni Program!!

You can try Cagan Crossings. It's in Davenport, only about 10 minutes from Disney. They have a wide range of complex types.

Laaaaaaate, but hi, everyone.

I'm trying to apply for the Summer Alumni Program, but I'm stuck. I did the little online form here, but now it says for me to do the normal online application, which asks for (among other things) your graduation date, current academic level, etc. Trouble is, I've already graduated! So there's no way I can fill this out accurately.

I can see there are some other graduates who have applied. How have you guys been getting around this?

Laaaaaaate, but hi, everyone.

I'm trying to apply for the Summer Alumni Program, but I'm stuck. I did the little online form here, but now it says for me to do the normal online application, which asks for (among other things) your graduation date, current academic level, etc. Trouble is, I've already graduated! So there's no way I can fill this out accurately.

I can see there are some other graduates who have applied. How have you guys been getting around this?

Hi there... I just filled it out to the extremes...ie the closest possible to accurate and submitted. I called the number to ask about it and they said at some point we will have contact with recruiting and can make the changes then. It's alumni, so we needn't worry... I was a bit uneasy about this, but I went ahead and followed their advice. Don't wait...you don't want them to run out of summer spots! Attendance is waaaaaay down this year...it's creepy! I'm not expecting huge numbers of summer-onlys due to the Advantage opportunities.

You can fix it later...that is minor. They should adjust the application though. It would be less stressful for us "dual-alums"... :) Good luck!

This is what my recruiter told me for:

For anyone who is not currently enrolled in College, they should select:

o College: WDW College Program
o Major: Undecided
o Current Academic Level: Senior
o School Start Date: May 2009
o Expected Graduation Date: August 2009

Well I already filled my application out online, and just submitted what I thought was correct to the best of my knowledge. I do have plans to go back to College, so I just did the expected grad date like that. I hope with my non favorable rehire I still have a chance. :confused3 We will see though!

Good Luck to everyone, and as another poster said, I can't wait to start seeing the thread "Accepted" either!

Good Luck y'all! :thumbsup2

I you have done a fall advantage and extended into the spring program. Are you able to participate in the summer program?
I responded and then realized that you said fall ADVANTAGE... I would check w/ recruiting. They may let you do the SAP.

They only let you do up to one full year as a CP at a time, so I'm not sure if that would count. :)

I you have done a fall advantage and extended into the spring program. Are you able to participate in the summer program?

No. You can only be on the CP for up to a year. Doing the Summer Alumni program would put you over.

My applications in for the alumni program and I'm wicked pumped! I put Kilemanjaro Safaris/Great Movie Ride down as first choice (I worked Turtle Talk during my first CP and am looking for a challenge). Anyone worked on these attractions or know anyone who has?

i've seem accounts of cast member complaints online and they are making me worried! like this one i found from a cast member!

" In the summer, we are driving trucks with little or no air condition in 100+ degree heat making up to 8 round trip journeys around the same ride path. That's over 3 hours of "Twenda"-ing around DAK's pseudo-savannah, always trying to deliver the best possible show we can. The heat in the driver's section of those trucks is just unbearable. (How come the driver's compartment of the Kilimanjaro Safari vehicles is so poorly air conditioned? Well, the real problem is that the A/C in that area always has to be kept on medium. Otherwise, the vehicle's on-board audio system will actually freeze up. That's how poorly designed these ride vehicles are!)

GADZOOKS!!! I should have just gone back to The Seas with Nemo and Friends and all their Air Conditioning!!!! I mean May-Aug is brutal!

My applications in for the alumni program and I'm wicked pumped! I put Kilemanjaro Safaris/Great Movie Ride down as first choice (I worked Turtle Talk during my first CP and am looking for a challenge). Anyone worked on these attractions or know anyone who has?

i've seem accounts of cast member complaints online and they are making me worried! like this one i found from a cast member!

" In the summer, we are driving trucks with little or no air condition in 100+ degree heat making up to 8 round trip journeys around the same ride path. That's over 3 hours of "Twenda"-ing around DAK's pseudo-savannah, always trying to deliver the best possible show we can. The heat in the driver's section of those trucks is just unbearable. (How come the driver's compartment of the Kilimanjaro Safari vehicles is so poorly air conditioned? Well, the real problem is that the A/C in that area always has to be kept on medium. Otherwise, the vehicle's on-board audio system will actually freeze up. That's how poorly designed these ride vehicles are!)

GADZOOKS!!! I should have just gone back to The Seas with Nemo and Friends and all their Air Conditioning!!!! I mean May-Aug is brutal!

I was a Safari Guide... There are good days, bad days, and amazing days. I was ready to be done, but I have a lot of love for it. And 8 trips is an extreme...that will rarely happen. Still, I once did 14, the most I've ever heard of in one go, so whoever was whining about 8... I just laugh at ;)

It's a good choice though...definitely a challenge, and a unique experience.

I wrote this in another thread:

"I was in attraction at the Great Movie Ride for my program. We had to learn a 50 page spiel, learn blocking for the spiel, learn how to operate a vehicle, learn how to speak and operate at the same time, load, unload, great guests, give directions, basic clean up of attraction area, open the ride, close the ride, how to evacuate the ride, chemical safety, fire safety, deal with guest situations(stupid guests), and basic guest service and recovery...

I worked an average of 45 hours a week, sometimes as many as 70 hours in one week. I had many 12 hours days, coming in as early as 7:30 in the morning and leaving as late as 2am.

the positions were(in the rotation order):
Odd Rotation
1st set "A" and 1st set "B" (This is driving the vehicle and spieling position)
Front Usher (outside greeting)
3rd set "A" and 3rd set "B"
Head Usher(greeting inside, and monitoring handicap line)
5th set "A" and 5th set "B"
ADB (vehicle load and send off)

Even Rotation
2nd Set "A" and 2nd set "B"
Casting director(in charge of opening doors to begin loading)
4th Set "A" and 4th Set "B"
Valet(stroller parking outside)
ADA (vehicle load)

There are a few extra positions thrown in if we have a lot of people working that day. Basically you come into work and sign in. Once you sign in you click a button and get an assignment. The computer assigns you one of these and you go where you're supposed to. You send whoever is already there back for their break or for them to sign out and go home. You then are a part of that rotation until someone comes to give you a break or bump you out. If you're lucky you will get an assignment called Magical Moment or Take Five. These mean you are "supposed" to talk to guests and backdoor them onto the ride or something like that....most of the time we would just sit there for the 15 minutes on the break room before we had to sign back in

We were supposed to get breaks every 2 hours. For ever two hours of work you get a 15 minute break and after 6 hours you get a half hour. So for a 6 hour shift you would get two 15 minute breaks, but for a 6.5 hour shift you'd get one 15 and one 30. For, say, a 12 hour shift you would be scheduled for four 15s and a 30.

We wore black polyester mom pants (high waisted, pleated fronts, wiiiide hip area, narrows at ankles...BAD), Red polyester, double layer shirts that do not breath in Florida weather designed to look chinese-ish (the chinese button hooks were forever unpopping, a red hat to be worn outside, and a long sleeved gray polyester jacket only worn inside on the dock area. We wore black shoes and a black belt with gold buckle to complete the look"

I am very familiar with the rotation as we did the same thing at Turtle Talk...50 page spiel though??? 70 hour work weeks? How long does it take ppl to memorize that?

I am very familiar with the rotation as we did the same thing at Turtle Talk...50 page spiel though??? 70 hour work weeks? How long does it take ppl to memorize that?

You have like 2 or 3 days. It's not as much as it seems because the script contains the lines for all the roles. It has gangster/bandit lines as well as everything the animations say.

Working there isn't as fun as it may appear. It's very hectic and can be extremely stressful.

I applied on a whim so we'll see and only put attractions. I did hospitality before and was spoiled with air conditioning - I'm gonna miss that!

Does anyone know that if accepted, will our acceptance letters/emails or whatever tell us where our exact location will be?

Does anyone know that if accepted, will our acceptance letters/emails or whatever tell us where our exact location will be?

The letter just states the role. You find out your exact location Day 2.

So, I was talking to one of my old roommates (who also applied for the alumni program) and she was chit-chatting with her recruiter today who said that alumni acceptance letters were starting to be mailed today! FINGERS CROSSED AND PIXIE DUST EVERYONE!!

So, I was talking to one of my old roommates (who also applied for the alumni program) and she was chit-chatting with her recruiter today who said that alumni acceptance letters were starting to be mailed today! FINGERS CROSSED AND PIXIE DUST EVERYONE!!

yay! good to here. I just wish we knew our exact locations...oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter