Summer Alumni Program!!

I just wish we knew our exact locations...oh well.
Recruiting doesn't get the exact breakdown of the locations where CPs go until a little bit before an arrival date. That's why they won't be able to tell alumni (or those for the Fall/Fall Advantage) prior to you checking in. Also they sometimes have to make last second changes based on location needs. My old roommate who did a PI in College Recruiting told me this. She had to move 10-15 people from one quick service location to another about 3 days before they arrived.

Yeah I'm completely aware of that...I was just expressing that I wish they were able to inform us. I actually talked to my recruiter about this a few days ago when she was in town, and she was not sure if they would or not...although I agree with you that it would be a bit strenuous to guarentee us an exact location this early.

Dhf

Ss

yay! good to here. I just wish we knew our exact locations...oh well.

Agreed.. with the limited roles there are so many places you could be put!
Something odd I noticed.. my role on the Hub was changed about 2 weeks ago from my CP role to another one. I'm if this means I was accepted? When I look my name up on Disney e-mail it has the role that I put on my application (I'm only applying for one). But late January seemed too early- it was only a week or two after I applied. I guess I'll see when the letter comes?:confused3

I'm a campus rep and I got an email today showing people from my school that were accepted to the College Program and I was confused because my name was on the list. Then I realized it's because I'm receiving an offer for the alumni program! It's in attractions and I'm soo excited! So letters should definitely be arriving soon!

I'm a campus rep and I got an email today showing people from my school that were accepted to the College Program and I was confused because my name was on the list. Then I realized it's because I'm receiving an offer for the alumni program! It's in attractions and I'm soo excited! So letters should definitely be arriving soon!

LOL, same thing happened to my Campus Rep partner. She was on our school's list, but she hadn't gotten her purple folder yet. Her surprise was sort of ruined.

Congrats on the offer! I also got an Attractions offer for the Summer Alumni Program, but am still weighing my options.

LOL, same thing happened to my Campus Rep partner. She was on our school's list, but she hadn't gotten her purple folder yet. Her surprise was sort of ruined.

Congrats on the offer! I also got an Attractions offer for the Summer Alumni Program, but am still weighing my options.

Thanks! I ended up getting my folder today anyways. I'm in the same situation as you though- I'm still trying to figure out my options. I'm graduating so I'm looking for FT employment, but some of the options I found wouldn't start until September anyways. There are a lot of variables to deal with!

Congratulations to you as well!

I was rejected.. I'm still pissed. And I'm not gonna lie, it upsets me to see people getting accepted then going "well.. I don't really know if I'm gonna do it.." It's more than likely the initial reaction I'm having.. I'm sure I'll get over it, but it still sucks majorly. I don't know of any other alumni that got told no yet.

I emailed my recruiter to see exactly why instead of just speculating.

I was rejected.. I'm still pissed. And I'm not gonna lie, it upsets me to see people getting accepted then going "well.. I don't really know if I'm gonna do it.." It's more than likely the initial reaction I'm having.. I'm sure I'll get over it, but it still sucks majorly. I don't know of any other alumni that got told no yet.

I emailed my recruiter to see exactly why instead of just speculating.

I understand what you're saying. I do feel guilty because I am not sure if I am going to do it when I know so many others would kill for the chance. Just remember that everyone has their own story. I graduated in May, went to Disney for my PI, was going to extend my PI but it got cut due to the economy. I came home brokenhearted and have been seeking full-time work to no avail. I recently got a job as a cashier at Target. Whoopie. But working at Target and living at home earns me more money than doing the Alumni Program and paying for rent/food. As much as I want to do the Alumni Program, it doesn't seem like a financially sound decision for me. I know that with the present economy, my dreams of working full-time for Disney are not going to come true. I've got to do what's best for me right now.

Good call in emailing your recruiter...hopefully they ill be able to provide you with some insight on why you didn't get selected. Best of luck to you.

This is probably a dumb question, but are you able to extend on a Summer Alumni Program?

This is probably a dumb question, but are you able to extend on a Summer Alumni Program?

I'm sure that if they ask Spring Advantage people to extend into Fall that it would be open to those only there for the summer too.

But then, if an alum was returning for the summer and wanted to stay through the Fall, why not apply for the Fall Advantage program and guarentee that they would be there for the whole time?

When did you apply? It was first come, first served with a very limited number of positions and a lot of applicants.

I have been accepted! Attractions again! As much as I'm hoping to go back to Innoventions, all of my friends have been telling me not to get my hopes up. Do they know something I dont? lol

I have been accepted! Attractions again! As much as I'm hoping to go back to Innoventions, all of my friends have been telling me not to get my hopes up. Do they know something I dont? lol

Congrats!

People are already getting letters :( What date did you apply? A bunch of us got an email this week saying something about completing the 'online role checklist'...after you do that, it sends you on to the application.

Did anyone else get that? Did you fill it all out? I've never been this confused with Cp application process in my life. I have a perfect record and just want my letter already...*sigh*

Sorry...I've never had to wait more than 4 days for acceptance and this is KILLING me...especially when I live so close to WDW (about 100 yards)... *sigh*

Also, does anyone have an actual phone number for recruiting... the numbers in my last acceptance packet don't seem correct... I would really like to TALK to someone considering they take a week or more to email back...

People are already getting letters :( What date did you apply? A bunch of us got an email this week saying something about completing the 'online role checklist'...after you do that, it sends you on to the application.

Did anyone else get that? Did you fill it all out? I've never been this confused with Cp application process in my life. I have a perfect record and just want my letter already...*sigh*

I got the same e-mail, and just filled out the role checklist and not the application. The e-mail said to disregard the online application. Here's hoping we get our letters soon! I'm really anxious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter